Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    None of those characters race is vital to the chatacter. You just cant make Beast Black, for obvious reasons. Angel and Iceman have fun with them. Cyclops too but yea Jeans Red hair is kinda iconic so iono maybe keep her. But look what Spiderman did with MJ and people love her in far from home. I think if something done well even comic fans can accept change.

But yea instead I'd go with something like Cyclops,Beast,Storm,Forge,Nighcrawler,Jean. But you could put Rogue in instead of Jean and I'd be cool with. Also maybe Morph just to do something different or Gambit.
    I've heard a lot of people complain about MJ being race bent. Personally, I still think she should have been kept an attractive red headed white girl. It's really a tightrope that the studios have to walk if they want to diversify established characters. Yeah, Scott Summers for instance can be made Chinese. But Cyclops even people with even a casual interest in comics has known him for years as a white American. So does he come from a Chinese family, and is Chinese cultural explored with him now? As a black guy myself, I don't want hand-me-down characters that are race bent to appease the jackals at the door. That just comes off as pandering to me. Give me orginal characters that are black from the start, while keeping the bigger characters who are largely known to fans the way they are.

I mean shit, isn't this the type of thing Harry Potter fans are ticked off at JK Rowling for?
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-23-2019 at 08:06 PM.