Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I've never read Hickman's Marvel work, but people who have seem to like it.

However, his recent comic that all his previous Marvel work before House of X was basically just one long 200-issue story, which he himself describes as "impenetrable" does concern me.

The last thing the Legion would need is an impenetrable story.
    He has a penchant for self-deprecation. There is nothing impenetrable about his F4 run, or his Avengers work. They are much more thoughtful than most mainstream comics. However they are as deep as you care to go if you want to go down the rabbit hole, plenty of ancient mysticism and meta commentary about comics, but overall they are fun and just good solid modern comics.

I would have been crestfallen if Marvel had lost him. On the other hand I might have followed him across despite not fully understanding the properties he would have been working on at DC.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-28-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    He has a penchant for self-deprecation. There is nothing impenetrable about his F4 run, or his Avengers work. They are much more thoughtful than most mainstream comics. However they are as deep as you care to go if you want to go down the rabbit hole, plenty of ancient mysticism and meta commentary about comics, but overall they are fun and just good solid modern comics.

I would have been crestfallen if Marvel had lost him. On the other hand I might have followed him across despite not fully understanding the properties he would have been working on at DC.
    I think he's more "penetrable" to layman's then Morrison even if his work can be as dense, but probably not as out there or crazy. He's a more technical Morrison in my eyes.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Having originally thought he wanted Legion of Super-heroes, I was extremely disappointed when he re-upped with Marvel and didn't get the Legion gig. That book would have been beyond epic with him at the helm. Hearing how much he loves the Titans, I am absolutely gutted that DC didn't snap him up and give him what he wanted. He could have made that series and group of characters AMAZING!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Knowing now how much of a Legion and DC fan he apparently is, his run on Avengers makes so much more sense. Hickman's Avengers is...basically a Legion of Superheroes story, from the large expansive roster to the operatic cosmic adventures to even the fact that Thanos featured heavily in his run (the Legion have a history of going up against Darkseid).

I like Hickman’s work
    But taking over Fantastic Four
    And than going to Avengers and
    Now X-Men for the biggest comic
    Book publisher in North America
    Is not really risky

I would have been more impressed
    If he did go to D C any layed out
    A blue print for success that
    Would last far after he left
    For either Legion or Titans