Astonishing Member

Default Steeple (Dark Horse)

Two issues in, and I thought they were both a blast. Any other opinions, pro or con?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm rather enjoying this-- not a fan of religious takes in comics, not a fan of religion, generally, me--and yet, these characters' religious beliefs are their own, and given the world in which they've been placed, their beliefs are not out of place. No longer much of a fan of supernatural or monsters comics, these days, as well, but I like the look of the comic, the dialogue is excellent, and the characterization's excellent. Glad I've picked it up.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Astonishing Member

Issue #4 was wicked (!) fun. I'll really miss this story after it ends with the next issue.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

yes, I agree. I'd think these characters would make a great series, and hope to see at least a second "mini-series" (do we still call them that?) sometime not too long from now.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet