Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So is G. Willow Wilson off Wonder Woman?
    Maybe just for the Year of the Villain aftermath...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think I'm missing something.

Thread title is November Solicits, but the link leads to:
    DC Solicitations for October 2019 Are Huge for Gotham City Fans
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    These aren’t the complete solicits, unless i’m Missing a step. Why is this labeled November solicits?
    That's the wrong link - they released the October and November solicits together, here's November's.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46215-dc-c...citations.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

To be clear, we're talking about the October solicits. Part of November is also included to handle orders for the special acetate covers.

Man, there are a lot of expensive miniseries and maxiseries going on. Good thing I don't feel a need to buy them. Bring on the Dollar Comics and classic Facsimile Editions! Wonder when we'll get more details on the new Giants. Seeing Shazam #11 solicited when the most recent issue was #6 is funny.

Another item I thought was interesting. It's advanced-solicited for March 2020.

DC’S WANTED: THE WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS SUPER VILLAINS HC
    stories and art by various
    cover by NICK CARDY
    Take a journey into the dark minds of DC’s most dangerous super-villains in these tales starring The Joker, the Mist, Captain Cold, Signalman, the Puppeteer, Clock King, Mr. Who and many more.

Collects WANTED: THE WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS VILLAINS #1-9 from 1972,
    which reprinted stories from Action Comics #57 and 69; Batman #25, 84 and 112; World’s Finest Comics #6 and 111; The Flash #114 and 121; Adventure Comics #72 and 77; Green Lantern #1 and 33; Wonder Woman #36; Sensation Comics #66 and 71; More Fun Comics #65, 73 and 76; Flash Comics #86, 90 and 100; All-American Comics #61; Kid Eternity #15; and Doll Man Quarterly #15.

ON SALE 03.11.20
    $39.99 US | 256 PAGES

So, now DC is reprinting a reprint series?

I guess this is a tie-in to The Year of the Villain event (and maybe for trademark maintenance purposes), but how long before we get a Four-Star Spectacular Omnibus?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Another item I thought was interesting. It's advanced-solicited for March 2020.

So, now DC is reprinting a reprint series?

I guess this is a tie-in to The Year of the Villain event (and maybe for trademark maintenance purposes), but how long before we get a Four-Star Spectacular Omnibus?
    How about a Dynamic Classics Omnibus? (There was only one issue of that reprint series.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe just for the Year of the Villain aftermath...
    Well, the November solicitations said Steve Orlando's first issue (not the annual) is the first of a six-part arc. That would be a three month break (four if Wonder Woman goes monthly in January), unless Orlando is only writing part of the arc. Seems more like she's off it to me, but maybe it is just a break.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the wrong link - they released the October and November solicits together, here's November's.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46215-dc-c...citations.html
    Thanks for the link.

I really don't know if I'll be buying any DC comics in October (or based on what they've listed for November).

They've dropped Scooby-Doo! Team-Up; I had been buying Batgirl, but these Year of the Villain-related solicits don't grab me; and even though the Justice Society of America is showing up in Justice League, I may just tpb wait on that. (Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV are not writers I'm super-excited to buy in single issues.)

Spectacular Member

So now we know half of the Batman Who Laugh's Secret Six, Hawkman, Shazam and Supergirl. I wonder when the other three will be revealed

Mighty Member

That TGL solicit is really interesting. I'm deeply curious what the second season of the book will be called

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    That TGL solicit is really interesting. I'm deeply curious what the second season of the book will be called
    Hal Jordan?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The one's that interest me are:

BLACK ADAM: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1

THE LAST GOD #1

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: MILLENNIUM #2

AQUAMAN #53

AQUAMAN #54

not sure about the covers tbh but Outsiders looks like it's gonna be good in November. I really dig the series this far, can't wait for this issue.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hal Jordan?
    "The Not Green Lantern?"

merc taught me love, will taught me patience, gold handles pain, and plat's so amazing

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

2. RWBY #1 - I’ve always wanted to watch this show, but the art style kinda threw me off. So...I’ll just read it!
    they said the ruhwubwee book takes place between its third and fourth seasons, they're kinda meant for established viewers methinks
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "The Not Green Lantern?"
    Maybe it's Teen Lantern. Hasn't Bendis said more than once that Teen Lantern would somehow link to Morrison's Green Lantern? And if the book were called "Teen Lantern" that would line up with the "only there’s no “Green Lantern” in the title."
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.