Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When did Arthur get Mamoa tattoos? What's the in-story explanation for that? (I haven't been keeping up with Aquaman)
    A god touched him and made tattoos magically appear. After he saved the group of gods lives. And said "There, a gift. You are marked as one of us now." And that he was granted an honor and belonged to the ocean and "The honor is not to rule, but to serve." Aquaman #47.

I have question - the actual tattoos put on him: are they copied off Mamoa's real tattoos or just fictional altogether? I understood him to have real and fake ones for the movie. Some say this non-Polynesian Arthur having them is inappropriate, but I wanted to know if these ones were actually copied from any culture or just made-up movie ones. Or is just the idea of tattoos copied from movie and they look totally different? Also, what are the odds they are drawn consistently rather than appearing different artist to artist?

I think it was a gift from the gods? It just reeks of forced movie synergy to me.
    Yeah. But the story leading up to it was pretty good.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-23-2019 at 11:26 AM.