I was catching up on some comics last night and came across Wonder Woman's guest appearance in Aquaman #50.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

It was a refreshingly non-aggressive, non-action guest spot for Diana. She was dropping by Amnesty Bay after hearing that Aquaman has returned from an extended absence. Her first appearance (with what I assume is the DC-mandated sword-in-hand) is beautifully drawn by Robson Rocha and Eduardo Pansica. They are definitely referencing Gal Gadot's movie look (note the heels).

Her sword is quickly sheathed and she helps a young boy who has fallen down. She also gently but firmly chastises a bunch of aggressive reporters on how to properly treat strangers and visitors with welcome and an offer of assistance. Then it was just a proper catch up with a friend on "what's been going on, where has he been and how's his relationship going" over a cup of tea and some cake.

For me, this was one of the best guest appearances by Diana. It simply depicts an easy and good friendship. I loved how Kelly Sue DeConnick captured Diana's voice: caring, relatable and modern, "normal" and human. From this brief glimpse, I think KSD could be a good choice to write Wonder Woman's own series.