Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I'd stated in a previous post in this thread that I didn't know much about Otherworld or how it worked. I wasn't even sure if Ireland was part of it.

So,I did some digging around about Otherworld just out of boredom. And re-read some comics.

It turns out that the Celtic Gods that Morrigan is part of actually live in Otherworld. So if Terry has followed Morrigan's path and taken that as her home, then it would seem that an Excalibur comic that deals with Otherworld and mutant magic would be a logical place for her to show up, if she does appear anywhere. Not as a cast member as she isn't included in the comics roster, but maybe for one story arch. Or, maybe as a slightly reoccurring support character.

I still don't like the idea of Terry being Morrigan though.
    Sorry Morrigan fans.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think the Morrigan has a cool design, but I wouldn't say I'm really a fan of it. I just think with what's going to be explored in the comics, that people can't use Terry's godhood as an excuse as to why she can't be used.

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying that she can't be used because of the whole Morrigan mess, I just think that it plays a big part in the reasons that recent writers haven't used her...

I think the reason Terry hasn't be showing up is just that the writers and/or editorial staff haven't had an interest in using her. I think the only thing that the Morrigan status has cost her have been background appearances in group shots and splash pages.

I mean, the whole cast of X-Factor were characters that were in low demand. Unfortunately, PAD found himself on the lowest part of the X-book totem pole – if, back in the day, somebody else wanted to use Terry in their book, they would have gotten to. Look at Wolfsbane, Havok. He got to keep the rest of the cast because at the time nobody else wanted to use them. When X-Factor ended, the majority of the cast went into limbo. Darwin still hasn't shown up either. Layla has only been in a handful of panels.

I just don't get the impression that there's much interest in the character in the X-office right now. Which is too bad, but I don't think it has to do with the Morrigan development.

Ultimate Member

Well I just know that it's not anything that's making any writer want to use her either, especially since one of the upcoming books is about magic and she's not in it, then again one would think that Illyana could work there as well...

Bring her back under any circumstance. Even if not in an X-book. I'd love to see her with Spider-Woman again.

I love Siryn and I really do hope that we get to see her sooner rather than later. Like a few have said earlier, we've gotten Guido back (well, sort of) and Wolfsbane and Madrox (well, sort of). And even her father returned (well, sort of). I'm hoping with the second wave of X-titles we get to see her featured. She's such a great character - complicated, powerful and smart - that we need her back.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Ultimate Member

Though her dad was brought back as a functioning zombie so if Terry knows then she may be off somewhere trying to find a way to fix him...or the X-Men just didn't bother to tell her...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I think the Morrigan has a cool design, but I wouldn't say I'm really a fan of it. I just think with what's going to be explored in the comics, that people can't use Terry's godhood as an excuse as to why she can't be used.
    Actually, the Morrigan design is the only part of the character that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think the reason Terry hasn't be showing up is just that the writers and/or editorial staff haven't had an interest in using her. I think the only thing that the Morrigan status has cost her have been background appearances in group shots and splash pages.

I mean, the whole cast of X-Factor were characters that were in low demand. Unfortunately, PAD found himself on the lowest part of the X-book totem pole – if, back in the day, somebody else wanted to use Terry in their book, they would have gotten to. Look at Wolfsbane, Havok. He got to keep the rest of the cast because at the time nobody else wanted to use them. When X-Factor ended, the majority of the cast went into limbo. Darwin still hasn't shown up either. Layla has only been in a handful of panels.

I just don't get the impression that there's much interest in the character in the X-office right now. Which is too bad, but I don't think it has to do with the Morrigan development.
    Sorry for late response.
    Maybe there isn't much interest from in using Siryn.

But, I would disagree with the idea that David's X-Factor was loaded with characters that other writers don't like or are interested in.
    Monet has been a consistently used character since X-Factor. She was in Wood's X-Men, Bunn's Uncanny X-Men, Strain's Gen X relaunch, and Pak's Weapon X.
    Shatterstar was given his own mini series.
    Rictor appears frequently in comics. He was in New Mutants, Iceman's solo, if I remember correctly Shatterstar's mini, the age of X-Man event, and some other scattered appearances.
    Guido was in New Mutants.
    Wolfsbane was in New Mutants: Dead Souls, the Recent Uncanny X-Men, and I believe that she will be in the upcoming New Mutants series.
    It wasn't Madrox Prime, but Multiple Man received his own series.
    Havok was in the Recent Astonishing and Uncanny X-Men comics.
    Polaris has been in X-Men Blue, and had a good role in Prisoner X.

So I would hardly say that the X-Factor cast that Terry was part of are in low demand.

Ultimate Member

I liked Terry way back before PAD's latest version of X-Factor lead by Jamie even started, so to me she was a great character before that run even began...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Actually, the Morrigan design is the only part of the character that I like.

Sorry for late response.
    Maybe there isn't much interest from in using Siryn.

But, I would disagree with the idea that David's X-Factor was loaded with characters that other writers don't like or are interested in.
    Monet has been a consistently used character since X-Factor. She was in Wood's X-Men, Bunn's Uncanny X-Men, Strain's Gen X relaunch, and Pak's Weapon X.
    Shatterstar was given his own mini series.
    Rictor appears frequently in comics. He was in New Mutants, Iceman's solo, if I remember correctly Shatterstar's mini, the age of X-Man event, and some other scattered appearances.
    Guido was in New Mutants.
    Wolfsbane was in New Mutants: Dead Souls, the Recent Uncanny X-Men, and I believe that she will be in the upcoming New Mutants series.
    It wasn't Madrox Prime, but Multiple Man received his own series.
    Havok was in the Recent Astonishing and Uncanny X-Men comics.
    Polaris has been in X-Men Blue, and had a good role in Prisoner X.

So I would hardly say that the X-Factor cast that Terry was part of are in low demand.
    I wasn't ignoring the existence of those appearances. Some of them have come out of Limbo, yes, but they still all went in. Monet's stay was the shortest – little over a year after the end of X-Factor before she showed up in Wood's X-Men.

Madrox took three years to show up again in Death of X, where he died within a few pages. (September 2013 - October 2016). It was nearly two years after that when the Multiple Man mini came out. (June 2018). That's functionally five years of limbo.

It took about four years for Rictor to show up again (July 2013 - June 2017).

After appearing for two issues of the Rulk Thunderbolts, Guido took nearly three years to show up (Feb 2014 - Dec 2016).

Wolfsbane took four years (June 2013 - July 2017).

Shatterstar took over four years to appear again in the legacy-era Cable series (July 2013 - October 2017).

Layla took five and a half years (September 2013 - February 2019).

Havok is one of those cases I was talking alluding to where PAD didn't get to keep the character because somebody else wanted him. Remender wanted him for Uncanny Avengers, so PAD was forced to write him out of the series. That's what happened back in the day – KYost wanted the character for X-Force, so PAD was forced to write her out of the book until they were done with her. It was clear editorial was very willing to take characters away from him if they were wanted elsewhere, which is why I say X-Factor was full of characters others didn't want to use.

Characters in high demand don't go unused for three to five years.

Incredible Member

I had forgotten some of Siryn’s backstory until I read this thread.
    Before she became a goddess, Banshee had popped back into Terry’s life, although it was never clarified if he was an illusion, or imaginary presence.
    Did David ever clarify if he had any plans for Sean, before he became a HOrseman?

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I had forgotten some of Siryn’s backstory until I read this thread.
    Before she became a goddess, Banshee had popped back into Terry’s life, although it was never clarified if he was an illusion, or imaginary presence.
    Did David ever clarify if he had any plans for Sean, before he became a HOrseman?
    David didn't have any plans for Sean that I'm aware of. I think that he was happy writing Siryn trying to move on without him. She even took on his Banshee codename. But, that could be due to David's X-Factor coming to an end at around that time. And, I think that Remender had plans to use Banshee as a Horseman by that point.

I could easily be wrong though. I didn't spend as much time on the internet during that time.

Anyway, I popped in to comment on Terry's appearance on the "every mutant ever" cover. I meant to earlier, and kept forgetting to.
    I'm sure being on that cover probably wont mean much in term's of Terry coming back, but it was nice to see her on the cover in her X-Factor costume, and not in her Morrigan role.

my only real exposure to siryn has been the bits and pieces of David’s x-factor I’ve read..I plan to read his run in it’s entirety, but what other books would be good to check out to get a sense of her character?

Upcoming Excalibur would be a nice way to bring Terry back. They could even revert her to human form and assing the godhood to someone else so she's back full time.