Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

...but one would think that the Goddess of death might have some feelings about the revival shenanigans on the Island.
    it might be best that the Morrigan is swept under the rug for now.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    ...but one would think that the Goddess of death might have some feelings about the revival shenanigans on the Island.
    it might be best that the Morrigan is swept under the rug for now.
    I have heard Hickman is good at ignoring certain stories to make things work. Not unlike most. Again I hear we when wrote Tony Stark, he wrote him as a man who had been broken by hard times not someone who was inverted evil from AXIS.

But can be argued the Goddess of Death ruined Siryn and made her almost unusable. So I do find it best to ignore. Plus I don't think PAD's X-Factor really did any of the characters any favors. We'll see if Rahne still ever had a son under Hickman. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I have heard Hickman is good at ignoring certain stories to make things work. Not unlike most. Again I hear we when wrote Tony Stark, he wrote him as a man who had been broken by hard times not someone who was inverted evil from AXIS.

But can be argued the Goddess of Death ruined Siryn and made her almost unusable. So I do find it best to ignore. Plus I don't think PAD's X-Factor really did any of the characters any favors. We'll see if Rahne still ever had a son under Hickman. lol
    The thing about Godhood is that it doesn't work on characters grounded like x-men. You have Thor and he was created that way inspired on a legend, so it works

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

I, well, I already said my piece on this:

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I really don't think it is. I think that's just people looking for an excuse, a scapegoat, when the truth is that anybody could have done what Hickman just did anytime in the last seven years. They just didn't want to.

Rahne having a kid was due to KYost, PAD was just the one who had to execute it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The thing about Godhood is that it doesn't work on characters grounded like x-men. You have Thor and he was created that way inspired on a legend, so it works
    Storm, Magik, Valkyrie Dani, Selene, Wolfsbane's baby daddy and son and temporarily Rahne herself.

Heck there's an argument to be made about how Captain Britain as Champion of Otherworld has godlike abilities, since Otherworld is made up of the collective subsconcious of Britain.

But no it just doesn't work for X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Storm, Magik, Valkyrie Dani, Selene, Wolfsbane's baby daddy and son and temporarily Rahne herself.

Heck there's an argument to be made about how Captain Britain as Champion of Otherworld has godlike abilities, since Otherworld is made up of the collective subsconcious of Britain.

Storm I agree. These others aren't gods. Still Storm Godess status is barely explored on x-men comics and she wasn't well treated lately

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Storm being an actual goddess is a recent development and not one explored with her as an X-man. Its almost entirely used in another franchise

Magik and Dani werent gods

Selene's a villian so not quite the same. Besides she was "killed" of in the story where she ascended to godhood

Im not too versed in Rahne's complicated family but it was my undesrstanding that the Wolf prince wasnt a good but rather some otherworldy creature. I could be wrong

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I hope this leads to Terry getting used somewhere. Would love to see someone explore what Terry's been up to, and address her (former?) Godhood. Also, need to see some more Sean and Terry please!

Though, as others have said, perhaps the Morrigan is something she can switch on and off now. When we last saw Angel he was normal looking, and in this last issue he was Archangel. So who knows.

I hope she gets on Excalibur! It would be the best place to explore how she lost her godhood.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Bless this post❤️
    Siryn and Dazzler! It look like she ran up and started tickling her�� I love it when the X-men are family and IM NOT CRYING YOURE CRYING!��������

I wonder if they killed her and she was brought back as regular Terry. I doubt her story will ever be told

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope she gets on Excalibur! It would be the best place to explore how she lost her godhood.
    I think she'd make a great fit on Excalibur. Would also be happy to see her and Julio be on a team together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magik and Dani werent gods
    Magik is a Hell-Lord, which is comparable. There's even some overlap there – Pluto and Hela are both.

Dani was a Valkyrie. For a while she was Hela's personal Valkyrie, empowering her to the point where she could kick Ares' ass in single combat

Hrimhari is descended from the mythological Fenris so technically Loki is his ancestor

Ultimate Member

I think that it'd be fun to see Sean, Terry, and James(Warpath) on the same team together with James and Terry together and Sean playing the concerned father role, it could be fun...

As to the godhood part, I just think that it added an element to her character that most writers either didn't want to touch or couldn't figure out how to write...so bad for her, in fact much of what PAD did in his X-Factor run seems to have been forgotten about, thankfully...