View Poll Results: Of the list, who is your favorite female villain?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anaconda

1 1.28%
  • Beetle

4 5.13%
  • Calypso

1 1.28%
  • Hela

8 10.26%
  • Lady Deathstrike

1 1.28%
  • Madame Masque

6 7.69%
  • Moonstone

13 16.67%
  • Mystique

16 20.51%
  • Nebula

2 2.56%
  • Proxima Midnight

2 2.56%
  • Scream

0 0%
  • Spiral

2 2.56%
  • Titania

6 7.69%
  • Typhoid Mary

4 5.13%
  • Other

12 15.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like superia should get a push. I feel like she has the qualities to be a top female mastermind villain in the marvel universe. I think the whole evil feminist/misandry thing probably works against her in the current social climate.
    Perhaps having her face off against other female heroes might be the way to use her. Villains that take the more extreme ideological position to heroes worked well for the likes of red skull and magneto.

Superia might work well as a foe for captain marvel. Superia did take up the ms marvel identity in dark avengers for a but.
    She should run for political office. Her villainy comes down to perspective. She's like Magneto with less overt terrorist traits.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like superia should get a push. I feel like she has the qualities to be a top female mastermind villain in the marvel universe. I think the whole evil feminist/misandry thing probably works against her in the current social climate.
    Perhaps having her face off against other female heroes might be the way to use her. Villains that take the more extreme ideological position to heroes worked well for the likes of red skull and magneto.

Superia might work well as a foe for captain marvel. Superia did take up the ms marvel identity in dark avengers for a but.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    She should run for political office. Her villainy comes down to perspective. She's like Magneto with less overt terrorist traits.
    I love all of this. I'm dying for them to do something big with Superia. Pitting Captain Marvel against her would be pretty thematic.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I voted for Madame Masque, only because of the lack of Superia on the list. Also, we don’t have enough noir-ish type of female characters in the medium.

Viper should be on the list

Proxima midnight is such a fun character

Spectacular Member

I went for Moonstone. Could be because she has had such a wealth of development in various Thunderbolt line ups. She has tried to be good and just fails miserably as she is just evil to the bone. And when she tries to be good she is even more evil. But I also may be biased as I have such fond memories of picking up each issue of Avengers way back when and she was such a pivotal character in the Under Siege arc

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Top 5
    Mystique (80s era)
    June Covington
    Moonstone
    Beetle
    Monica Rappaccini
    Same, with Satana, (IMHO she is beyond "good" and "evil" in the conventional sense, she is the daughter of the devil (aka he who drinks milk from the 2 gallon jug and puts it back in the icebox) after all) and Viper on the list
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

White Rabbit has a pretty great featured role in Absolute Carnage: Symbiote Spider-Man #1 this week!

She's also getting her own Marvel Legends action figure!

That’s cool. With a look like that she would make a cool hero actually.

Here’s one I think will blow up pretty soon.

643B4BE8-169F-4A32-96C9-2B480AD808B1.jpg

Iron Maiden

Ultimate Member

Morgana Le Fey was a fun powerhouse villain, introduced, IIRC, in an Iron Man annual involving him and Dr. Doom travelling back in time. Sorceress uber-villains seem to be a theme. There's also Umar (sister of Dormammu), Margali 'of the Winding Road' Szardos, and, of course, the one, the only, Enchantress, Amora of Asgard. (Amora would be my favorite of the magical uber-villains.)

But favorites include a fair number who have crossed over between villain and hero (or at least worked *with* heroes...); Songbird, Diamondback, Yellowjacket 2/Rita DeMara, Emma Frost, Moonstone, Frenzy/Joanna Cargill, Deathbird, Beetle/Janice, etc. Love 'em all.

For pure villains, who, AFAIK, haven't gone over to the other side, Chimera and Unuscione and Scaleface and Tempo and Dragoness are some of my favorite lady mutant villains.

For non-mutants, Spiral is quite cool. There's also Cybermancer, who, uh, might be a villain? The female Sphinx from the original New Warriors run was fun. Anaconda is indeed one of my favorite Serpent Society members, although I'm also fond of Black Mamba and Asp.

Seems like my favorite lady villains are almost over in the X-side of the franchise, with their mutant X-chromosomes...

To be fair, it's not like there are a ton of options outside the X-franchise. Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the Hulk, etc. have entire teams of villain-dudes (like Doc Ock's Sinister Six, or most lineups of the Frightful Four, after Medusa left), and not a ton of femmes fatal.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-07-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Morgana Le Fey was a fun powerhouse villain, introduced, IIRC, in an Iron Man annual involving him and Dr. Doom travelling back in time. Sorceress uber-villains seem to be a theme. There's also Umar (sister of Dormammu), Margali 'of the Winding Road' Szardos, and, of course, the one, the only, Enchantress, Amora of Asgard. (Amora would be my favorite of the magical uber-villains.)

But favorites include a fair number who have crossed over between villain and hero (or at least worked *with* heroes...); Songbird, Diamondback, Yellowjacket 2/Rita DeMara, Emma Frost, Moonstone, Frenzy/Joanna Cargill, Deathbird, Beetle/Janice, etc. Love 'em all.

For pure villains, who, AFAIK, haven't gone over to the other side, Chimera and Unuscione and Scaleface and Tempo and Dragoness are some of my favorite lady mutant villains.

For non-mutants, Spiral is quite cool. There's also Cybermancer, who, uh, might be a villain? The female Sphinx from the original New Warriors run was fun. Anaconda is indeed one of my favorite Serpent Society members, although I'm also fond of Black Mamba and Asp.

Seems like my favorite lady villains are almost over in the X-side of the franchise, with their mutant X-chromosomes...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan...Marvel_Comics)

According to the Morgan le Fay wiki page, publication history states her first appearance being in Black Knight (1955) #1. While Spider-Woman (1978) #2 was her introduction into Marvel Comics. But you're correct about Morgan le Fay making an appearance in the Doom/Iron Man time-travel trilogy (which is a personal favorite of mine ).

To be fair, it's not like there are a ton of options outside the X-franchise. Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the Hulk, etc. have entire teams of villain-dudes (like Doc Ock's Sinister Six, or most lineups of the Frightful Four, after Medusa left), and not a ton of femmes fatal.
    It would be interesting to see an all-female version of the Sinister Six. But as you said, Spidey doesn't have a large amount of femme fatales.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-08-2019 at 12:12 AM.

There are a number of all-female villain teams like the Grapplers, Hell's Belles, Femme Fatales, and Doom Maidens, but sadly they're all almost never used while the all male villain teams are constantly given page-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    There are a number of all-female villain teams like the Grapplers, Hell's Belles, Femme Fatales, and Doom Maidens, but sadly they're all almost never used while the all male villain teams are constantly given page-time.
    Also the recent Sinister Syndicate of female Spider-Villains.

I guess maybe Bad Girls counts except they weren't actually villains as a group (as far as I can recall).

The Ultimate Serpent Society was all-women as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Eh. Do you have an example of an all-male team that is appearing frequently? Even the Wrecking Crew have a female member now.

Extraordinary Member

Janice Lincoln: The Beetle. Lawyer by day, super villain by night. A double dose of bad girl.