Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wait, they were dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Synch better come back to life 'cus he and Jubes are my OTP.
    They were really cute in Scott Loebdell’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the original team was primarily made up of Americans too despite being UK based
    Oh, see I did not know that! You learn something new everyday!

I was thinking about the description that said worlds, but I know that doesn’t really mean anything. I’ve not regularly read Excalibur, but I know they jumped around. I was also thinking that with another team called Marauders, that there was probably going to be some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    We can't really guess their status based on just some covers, though? We don't really even know If Excalibur is UK based after all. Rictor is also on the Excalibur cover but that doesn't exactly mean he's separated from Shatterstar either
    True, that and Hickman basically said these teams were liquid and the folks on Issue 1 won't necessarily be there a year later.

Honestly we just need to be happy that all this talk about "game changing HOX POX" we still actually have recognizable X-teams after it's done.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I don’t think it is a UK based team. Especially considering the team has majority Americans. I think the only two non Americans are Betsy and Apocalypse. I think they stole the name.

Honestly, I did not like the Gen X relaunch. The writer aged up Shogo, but nobody else for some strange reason. And that didn’t stick. It’s obvious she had a specific story she wanted tell. I don’t think that story actually fit anywhere. The only thing that really stuck was that Monet became herself again. Though it was kind of nice to see Jono and Jubilee get together, I never expected it to last. Too many people want to use Jubilee. Just Jubilee. And I think it’s ridiculous to expect them both to always be in a team together.
    I could be wrong about this, but I seem to remember that Rictor is Mexican, not American.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    I could be wrong about this, but I seem to remember that Rictor is Mexican, not American.
    Well, I’m just all sorts of wrong today. Thanks, for setting me straight.

My incorrectness aside, and getting back on topic, when was the last time Jono and Jubilee were shown together?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    My incorrectness aside, and getting back on topic, when was the last time Jono and Jubilee were shown together?
    Fairly sure it was the recent gen x run, but then, I was doing catch-up on x-books in 2018, so I may have read stuff out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Fairly sure it was the recent gen x run, but then, I was doing catch-up on x-books in 2018, so I may have read stuff out of order.
    actually Mr and Mrs X. Not a whole to it but they went to Rogue and Gambit's housewarming party together

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Wait, they were dating?
    Not officially. They flirted a bit in the recent GenX, but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    actually Mr and Mrs X. Not a whole to it but they went to Rogue and Gambit's housewarming party together
    They were simply there, no mention of "together".

I kinda remember that... they were near each other and didn’t talk to each other.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Not officially. They flirted a bit in the recent GenX, but that's all.
    Jubilee also kissed him. Then they had a date of ice cream with Shogo after Husk tells Chamber he & Jubilee look good together. Strain later made a tweet of how they spend Valentine's Day.

So Strain meant for them to be a couple but it hasn't been followed up on. Same with Bunn & Cronet. Writers imply the ship, confirm it in words, but didn't make it overt enough to be continued by any subsequent writers.

Jubilee is alive and Chamber is alive. I think we can call that a win.
    yeah really... that and I doubt any of the writers even remember that Gen X vol 2 was even a thing... its only purpose seemed to be to give Jubes her original powers back and fix Monet.

I mean yeah Im sad about it. I love Jonolee, they were so complimentary to each other. But I stopped caring as much about the trainwreck that is Marvel continuity a long time ago.

also with Disney films(synergy!) coming around the corner I'm sure they are gonna want many of the main X-men back to their 90s tv series status quo. That means Jubilee back to teen mallrat status as frustrating as it is. Dont be surprised if Shogo is gone as well.

btw, I find Nightcrawler not being in Excalibur or the friggin X-PIRATES book a bigger oversight than Jono not being in Excalibur.
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 07-23-2019 at 10:20 AM.

double post...

oh yeah, Jonolee's last appearance was the Mr Ms X book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Means View Post
    So, back a few years, even when X-Men kinda went off the rails because of Marvel trying to crush the property in favor of Inumans, even though I backed out of some of the X-books at the time, I still had a soft rule to keep up with the Gen X kids that remained. So, Monet, Penance, Jubes, Jono and Paige.

And during that time (and after), one thing became demonstrably and consistently clear: Jono and Jubes were in it for the long haul. Whatever random bullshit they were each individually going through, even up to and including them each being literally depowered of their mutancy, they would stick together.

So...to see Jubilee joining a UK-based team...and Jono isn't on it, seems like a profound oversight by the editors, Hickman, or some damn body.

My concern is that since they've slapped someone without any pedigree whatsoever onto Excalibur (it's basically the Gen X relaunch all over again, which was a dismal failure), we have another case of "I saw the X-Men 90s cartoon...which of those X-Men can I use? Jubilee, Gambit and Rogue? Cool, I can work with that."

I mostly don't care if the writers want to screw up 90% of the X-Men. You can BASICALLY get Gambit and Rogue and Cyclops and Jean and Wolverine and the rest right if you have a general idea about their characterization. But these B characters like Rockslide and Dust and Anole and Monet and Chamber and X23 and even Jubilee -- they rely a lot more on very small subplots. They don't always get to dig their teeth into the main storytline threads of the X-books and big marvel events. So for writers to get these characters right...they have to really, really want to give a ****. I mean, we see what happens to X23 from book to book. We see random writers just writing Jubilee as "90s Mall rat" persona. And this announcement of the lineup gave me all the feelings that all the decades of Chamber and Jubilee friendship building is basically being tossed for "I watched the X-Men cartoon when I was a kid!"
    This seems like an intense overreaction and frankly incredibly nitpicky. We have no idea what the book is gonna be about or how long the run is or even who's going to get a focus.