All-New Member

Default Collected edition for David Michelinie and Gerry Conway's run of Swamp Thing?

Hello.

I'm reading Swamp Thing starting from Len Weins run in 1972 (Vol 1). I can find a collected edition for that called Roots of the Swamp Thing. I cannot find a collection edition for when David Michelinie and Gerry Conway took over though. Does anyone have any insight into this?

This would also be useful to be able to mark a single edition on goodreads as read as well :P

Amazing Member

There isn't any reprint edition of the post-Wein Swamp Thing. The closest you will get is the Swamp Thing hardcover that collects the Wrightson 10-issue run and then gives us a trio of the Wein-Redondo issues to round it out.

It's never been collected. It was also eliminated from continuity when DC began publishing Swamp Thing again in the 80s, although, a lot of Swamp Thing - along with every other title - has been wiped clean thanks to the "New" 52.

That said, if you're a completist and just want to read the stories you can probably pick them up on Ebay or mycomicshop for fairly cheap.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It's never been collected. It was also eliminated from continuity when DC began publishing Swamp Thing again in the 80s, although, a lot of Swamp Thing - along with every other title - has been wiped clean thanks to the "New" 52.

That said, if you're a completist and just want to read the stories you can probably pick them up on Ebay or mycomicshop for fairly cheap.
    The Redondo art makes these worth the cost and trouble. The last few stories, when they make him into a straight super hero, are pretty bad. The Ernie Chan art is decent but not as good as Wrightson nor Redondo, but it is a poor way for such a great book to go out. The continuation of the story -- in Challengers of the Unknown by Conway and Keith Giffen -- was recently reprinted in the Deadman Vol. 5 trade paperback. Those stories are pretty good and I'd recommend them to any Swamp Thing fan. The art is great (some of Giffen's best) and the stories are fun. Swamp Thing works well with the Challs and Deadman.