Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default So....suppose Wonder Girl is pregnant?

So, I was re reading Young Justice (2019) again last night, and I came across some odd moments regarding Wonder Girl that I remember just brushing past as nothing. But on the re reading I came up with the theory that Cassi might be pregnant. Let me explain.

Issue 1 she bumps into Tim in Metropolis. Apparently she's working, starting school in the fall, and not feeling like she's doing what she's "supposed to be doing." She apparently moved to Metropolis because people say living under Superman's watch can be relaxing and cut down on stress.

Trouble hits, Tim suits up, but Cassi tell him that she can't go with him. Then later when Tim's in trouble Cassi is in tears as she gets ready for action. And during the fight Tim cuts his sentence short and goes "hey, are you okay" and Cassi seems to frantically be wondering where Superman is.

Then in issue 2 Zeus shows up with a gift and talk of Cassi being "ready" and wanting to strike up a relationship. Cassi questions the whole thing and why she's ready NOW. Zeus never gives a straight answer.

I'm thinking Zeus was there with some charm or whatever to lay claim to the child or something. I'm also thinking that she moved to Metropolis so she and her child could be watched over by Superman, and she'd stay less stressed for the health of the pregnancy. I also think the baby is why she's working a normal job and going back to school. And because of the baby and the fact that in the YJ book very few people seem to have even heard of her, she was thinking of quitting being a hero.

In regards to the book as a whole, Bendis did say that Young Justice was gonna be a place where these teens would sometimes deal with adult issues that they're not totally ready for.

Thoughts? Odd of being true?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-26-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Honestly, it seems like as likely as Conner's new family actually being his (which they really weren't in the end).

I feel like Cassie's had enough to deal with then to have to worry about a pregnancy storyline.

Wow, this is an interesting theory. I don’t know if anything would prompt a pregnancy, but if there was someone who was willing to go this route it would be Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    but if there was someone who was willing to go this route it would be Bendis.
    Agreed. He had Jessica Jones deal with the ramifications of pregnancy, and he essentially created a whole book out of her making arguments and choices regarding it (The Pulse). One of the main arrangements (and reason for her being in the position she was in) was how she was gonna earn money to support the child. Similar to Cassi's new focus on the financial in issue 1.

It would also work with the found family unit vibe Bendis seems to really be going for with YJ. And word is Wonder Woman will be showing up at some point, so we'll likely get her input and if Cassi told her or not.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Agreed. He had Jessica Jones deal with the ramifications of pregnancy, and he essentially created a whole book out of her making arguments and choices regarding it (The Pulse). One of the main arrangements (and reason for her being in the position she was in) was how she was gonna earn money to support the child. Similar to Cassi's new focus on the financial in issue 1.

It would also work with the found family unit vibe Bendis seems to really be going for with YJ. And word is Wonder Woman will be showing up at some point, so we'll likely get her input and if Cassi told her or not.
    I feel like he would be able to get more mileage out of something like that with Jessica Jones, his own character, then he would with Cassie and in a Young Justice book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like he would be able to get more mileage out of something like that with Jessica Jones, his own character, then he would with Cassie and in a Young Justice book.
    I dunno. Depends on how he goes about it. No one at DC really seemed to have a direction for her before YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I dunno. Depends on how he goes about it. No one at DC really seemed to have a direction for her before YJ.
    No one at DC even cared to use her to be honest. The New 52 Titans generation aside from BB and Raven were treated like persona non grata's after that run ended.

Even when they were using her it was Cassie in name only.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No one at DC even cared to use her to be honest. The New 52 Titans generation aside from BB and Raven were treated like persona non grata's after that run ended.

Even when they were using her it was Cassie in name only.
    Cassie had been 'Cassie in name only' since John's run.Its unpopular to say but New 52 Cassie was an improvement over 'Cassie leader of the TT who gets her teammates killed and pretends to be nice.'

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Cassie had been 'Cassie in name only' since John's run.Its unpopular to say but New 52 Cassie was an improvement over 'Cassie leader of the TT who gets her teammates killed and pretends to be nice.'
    I will never believe Cassie "I'm a criminal, have a bad attitude, and don't care about Wonder Woman" Sandsmark was an improvement.

Years ago, there was the "little clone" controversy because in one book Cassie definitely slept with Kon-el. The editorial types were like: "NOPE! definitely not going to a have a "little clone" wandering around". Or flying, since the child would be a mix of demi-god and half-Kryptonian. Maybe editorial decided that fans liked the idea enough that they're willing to actually write a book about Cassie as a teen mom?

I mean, how much did people actually hate it when Donna got pregnant? Apparently a lot of people were bummed about what happened to her child. Not sure if that was the majority or minority, but enough to matter. Short version: Robert died. Robert wasn't even a demi-Kryptonian. His father was a Human.... Donna is a... I have no idea what... I think the current official version is that she's not actually a descendant of the Titans, and that the "Titan Seeds" are not genetically related to the Titans, but were empowered by them through magic. So magical duplicate of WW, who was then reincarnated repeatedly because reasons.... Is she genetically the same as WW?

Then again Superwoman's baby was potentially on the same power level as Lord Chaos, so who knows? We'll never know because he was more-or-less killed by Uxas the Inheritor. Is Uxas genetically the son of Superwoman now? I'm not sure.

Have there been any more hints in recent issues? I mean how long could Bendis string this along if they wanted to tackle something as big as Cassie is now a mom in a Young Justice book. I wonder if it would even fly nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Have there been any more hints in recent issues? I mean how long could Bendis string this along if they wanted to tackle something as big as Cassie is now a mom in a Young Justice book. I wonder if it would even fly nowadays.
    *points at Super-dad*

I'm not expecting a massive rage fest if it turns out she is pregnant, unless there's a stupid explanation for how she got that way.

I suppose its as likely a theory as any other. It *does* fit. Not sure if its where Bendis is going but it's an interesting idea to consider. And if it's true I'll be down for it, I feel like Bendis can tackle this sort of topic and make it (more or less) work.

So Conner has been gone for ages. Who's the father?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I suppose its as likely a theory as any other. It *does* fit. Not sure if its where Bendis is going but it's an interesting idea to consider. And if it's true I'll be down for it, I feel like Bendis can tackle this sort of topic and make it (more or less) work.

The question is—who would everyone like to be the father?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I think under certain conditions and in certain situations he could.

But here, and with Cassie, now? I don't really think so.

I just don't think this is the right time and place for that kind of storyline. I feel like if she does have a baby it'll go the way Stephanie Brown's kid did.