Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So Conner has been gone for ages. Who's the father?
    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The question is—who would everyone like to be the father?
    If I had to guess, I'd say the father is likely to be an original character, and likely just some normal guy. Like, I don't at all expect it to be a one night stand or off screen relationship with a known character or hero. That would split the parental focus, and have people wondering about factors outsides of her mythology.

I'm thinking we'll be getting Cassi's mom back in the spotlight to help raise the child.

Bendis'll then likely tease some Cassi/Conner stuff because he'll likely be really good with the kid given he helped raise another one on Gem World, but I ultimately don't think think he'll stick with it.

I think Bendis is trying to mix the high interpersonal drama of the wildly popular Teen Titans of the 80s with the fun of 90s Young Justice.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-23-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think under certain conditions and in certain situations he could.

But here, and with Cassie, now? I don't really think so.

I just don't think this is the right time and place for that kind of storyline. I feel like if she does have a baby it'll go the way Stephanie Brown's kid did.
    Honestly, its never the time and place for a superhero to have kids(Jon and Damian are the biggest exceptions)in the DC universe. The kids always get killed off for shock value or erased from existence.

I could see it happening. But man, I'm really tired of all the kids.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Honestly, its never the time and place for a superhero to have kids(Jon and Damian are the biggest exceptions)in the DC universe. The kids always get killed off for shock value or erased from existence.
    To be honest, it just reminds me a lot of what they did with Stephanie Brown Post-Crisis.

I don't think it's the time for Cassie to get saddled with that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The question is—who would everyone like to be the father?
    Well......I agree with Superlad that, if Cass is indeed knocked up the father will a normal, original character and not a established hero.

As for who I *want* the father to be? (assuming this is happening in the first place) How about no father at all? What if her pregnancy was some kind of divine mandate from the gods? An immaculate conception? The gods are always dragging Diana and her cast into their schemes, they're not above this sorta thing, and I think there'd be some really rich narrative soil here if they forced a teen girl to be pregnant. Plus it would parallel Diana's origin in an interesting way, especially if none of the male gods were involved. It'd also explain why Cass isn't talking about it; it's hard enough as a kid to tell your friends you got pregnant, but if you're not even sure *how* it happened? That'd be horrifying and I'd keep my mouth shut too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As for who I *want* the father to be? (assuming this is happening in the first place) How about no father at all? What if her pregnancy was some kind of divine mandate from the gods? An immaculate conception?
    First, let me be pedantic on "immaculate conception" - that Mary's conception, not Jesus'.

Secondly, does that ever happen with the Greek gods? Maybe with Athena's birth?

It'd also explain why Cass isn't talking about it; it's hard enough as a kid to tell your friends you got pregnant, but if you're not even sure *how* it happened? That'd be horrifying and I'd keep my mouth shut too.
    Although, in their world, where weird things happen, that might make someone more likely to talk about because birthing a god or demon is so much more likely than real world. So much more reason to consult with people who may know more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well......I agree with Superlad that, if Cass is indeed knocked up the father will a normal, original character and not a established hero.
    I actually would want it to be a Norma guy only because, in my limited reading experience, you don’t see these too much nowadays and I miss the whole hero/non-hero dynamic. They’re usually with a male hero and normal girl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    First, let me be pedantic on "immaculate conception" - that Mary's conception, not Jesus'.

Although, in their world, where weird things happen, that might make someone more likely to talk about because birthing a god or demon is so much more likely than real world. So much more reason to consult with people who may know more than you.
    I think that Athena's birth is the only time that happened. Of course in a scenario like this, it doesn't have to be a Greek god. Maybe a god from another pantheon decided to mess with Cassie for some reason(revenge for past indiscretions of Zeus?), mad science or some magic being is involved.
    Last edited by king81992; 07-24-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Zeus and the other gods were said to have impregnated mortals in many non-traditional ways... One woman got showered with gold coins and was impregnated when she picked them up....

Seriously, it's some really weird stuff. Which makes me wonder if it might be related to the Silent Armor.

This version of Cassie did actually sleep with Tim Drake(because Trigon is into distracting his enemies with carnal lusts, which only works on people who genuinely like each other) so it could be Tim's.

[QUOTE=Tzigone;4479925]First, let me be pedantic on "immaculate conception" - that Mary's conception, not Jesus'.

Sorry, don't really know a ton about christianity.

And the Greeks.....they got pregnant, or got women pregnant, through all kinds of weird ways. Athena's probably the closest parallel here, but far odder methods were used by the Greek pantheon so I feel like Cass could get a pass for this. If she's pregnant at all of course.

Yeah, maybe. I feel like we've seen writers go both ways. I imagine it'd depend on the person and the circumstance. So perhaps the better question is whether this situation is something Cass would feel comfortable talking about with these people, who might be her closest friends but are also people she hasn't seen in some time. And since we don't even know the details of how this may have happened.....I can't say how Cass would react. Could go either way, depending.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

After pondering, Tim and Cass like each other, but weren't willing to actually sleep with each other without Trigon's special brand of encouragement. If Cass got pregnant in a romantic encounter that happened because of demonic coercion, that could be why she's unhappy to talk about it. Maybe she's not 100% sure the baby is really Tim's. Maybe she's worried that her baby is really Trigon's kid since magic and stuff. I mean, Cass knows how Raven was conceived. Trigon wasn't actually physically present.

Also if it IS Tim's kid then now Tim is a dad. Maybe she just doesn't want to burden him with that? I know it seems silly, but people are weird.

I mean, Cass knows how Raven was conceived. Trigon wasn't actually physically present.
    Didn't know they'd changed that with New 52 - can't say I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Didn't know they'd changed that with New 52 - can't say I like it.
    Maybe I mis-remembered. Attempting to look it up is hard because it's treated as a minor background detail. :/ I was thinking Trigon's essence had possessed one of the cultists, but maybe not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQu-5le1sM

This version... well... that doesn't really look like Trigon at first. But it's apparently not one of the cultists. Raven described it as "guy who emerged from the smoke". And he later changes shape to look more like Trigon does traditionally. So I dunno.

Either way Cassie could have that as a fear even if it's not a realistic fear.

This version... well... that doesn't really look like Trigon at first. But it's apparently not one of the cultists. Raven described it as "guy who emerged from the smoke". And he later changes shape to look more like Trigon does traditionally. So I dunno.
    Looks to be like the original version, which seemed to involve false presentation.Trigon1.jpgTrigon2.jpg

It's the kind of thing Zeus has done (without the early shape-change of the animated version).

Also if it IS Tim's kid then now Tim is a dad.
    I honestly do not think DC would give Tim a kid at this point. They have tried so hard to keep Bruce younger. De-aged Dick, tried to go with only 5 years on the job but had to backtrack on that etc. No way they're making him a "grandpa."

To be honest, I don't really see what Cassie gets out of a pregnancy storyline.