Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And with how decompressed Bendis' writing is, on-top of it being a team book, he'd need a lot of issue and page space to devote to it the time and big deal that kind of storyline would necessitate.
    Yeah, I think there *is* a path to making this work in a team setting, even with a decompressed pace......and Bendis has done alright with this sort of narrative before......but I'm not sure he's the guy to make this work. That last issue of YJ was a pure delight and Bendis has earned some trust the last year and a half but I'd definitely have concerns if Cass is indeed knocked up. We dont even know who this version of Cass is.....hard to care about a pregnancy story when the mother is essentially a blank slate.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I think there *is* a path to making this work in a team setting, even with a decompressed pace......and Bendis has done alright with this sort of narrative before......but I'm not sure he's the guy to make this work. That last issue of YJ was a pure delight and Bendis has earned some trust the last year and a half but I'd definitely have concerns if Cass is indeed knocked up. We dont even know who this version of Cass is.....hard to care about a pregnancy story when the mother is essentially a blank slate.
    Albeit with an original character of his own creation in her own solo series. Completely different kind of take from something like Young Justice in my opinion.

It is different, no doubt. Im not saying I think Bendis *would* do this right, just that he *might* be able to.

But its not something I actually want to see. Not at this point in time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Interesting theory... I've read all the issues and I didn't get that sense about Cassie.

I'd definitely be interested in the backstory of her dad though and who Helena was having a romance with. It makes me wonder who she's said is her father or if Helena Sandsmark has said anything to Cassie about her father.