BANNED

Will we get Thunderbolts or Under Siege?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Will we get Thunderbolts or Under Siege?
    If it's just the Falcon/Bucky show we probably wouldn't get Under Siege. I think you need a full on Avengers team for that.

Thunderbolts is an interesting idea if they can dig up enough villains to make an actual team. Part of the problem is the earlier MCU killed off more villains than they probably needed to.

The mask looks a lot like the concept art of Zemo with a mask in Civil War.

Given the distortion, I'm guessing he's going to become more of a public terrorist figure?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There's some part of me that thinks having him as an antagonist kind of undercuts the ending of Civil War - specifically with T'Challa's decision to spare his life.

That being said, the mask looks perfectly reasonable there and not at all something that would scare a movie audience. I really think they should at least have had him wear it when he was in the middle of the Siberian cold.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    There's some part of me that thinks having him as an antagonist kind of undercuts the ending of Civil War - specifically with T'Challa's decision to spare his life.
    To be honest, I'm just disappointed he's never going to get to fight Steve mano-a-mano.
    That being said, the mask looks perfectly reasonable there and not at all something that would scare a movie audience. I really think they should at least have had him wear it when he was in the middle of the Siberian cold.
    I would've been kinda surprised if it scared anyone, although that would've been a clever way of working it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I'm just disappointed he's never going to get to fight Steve mano-a-mano.
    Agreed. But this will give Clint Barton a chance to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've been kinda surprised if it scared anyone, although that would've been a clever way of working it in.
    You wanna know what's scary? Zemo's Phoenix is scary...
    zemo-phoenix.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. But this will give Clint Barton a chance to step up.
    I think he's pretty clearly going to be a Sam and/or Bucky villain now, since it's their show (but mostly Sam for legacy reasons).

Even if Bucky and T'Challa probably have the most personal enmity with him.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Didn't he kill Black Panther's pops?

All-New Member

I am so pumped for this show. I love his portrayal of Zemo in CW. I am excited to get back to that vibe I got from winter Soldier and the Brubaker run. Should be fun.

I was kind of hoping he'd be in BP 2. I know thematically MArvel was pushing forgiveness and not being consumed by rage and revenge, but this guy did kill T'Challa's father. After the trial and interrogation, I always imagined a Wakanda prison cell or execution squad.

i also hope he's not the big bad, for as much of a criminal mastermind he was in Civil War a whole lot of things fell his way for his scheme to work
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I was kind of hoping he'd be in BP 2. I know thematically MArvel was pushing forgiveness and not being consumed by rage and revenge, but this guy did kill T'Challa's father. After the trial and interrogation, I always imagined a Wakanda prison cell or execution squad.

i also hope he's not the big bad, for as much of a criminal mastermind he was in Civil War a whole lot of things fell his way for his scheme to work
    With Bucky in Wakanda after Civil War, I was sure Zemo would show up. But I think Coogler wanted to do his own thing, which was perfectly fair. But that's still something they can play with in the future.

And yeah... he's interesting as a villain because on paper he's not that dangerous. And like you said, in a lot of ways as sucessful as he was he sort of lucked out. So how much of a threat will he be presented as?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And yeah... he's interesting as a villain because on paper he's not that dangerous. And like you said, in a lot of ways as sucessful as he was he sort of lucked out. So how much of a threat will he be presented as?
    You should check the Netflix series "Money Heist". Mask or no mask (that's a minor detail), the Professor is exactly the kind of character that Zemo should be. For each movement that the police tries, he had already thought of that and has a counter reaction to cancel it. A master manipulator who can never be caught off his guard, and who could easily outsmart the Falcon, the Winter Soldier, the Avengers, the Defenders, the agents of SHIELD and whoever tries to stop him. Civil War tried to do something like this, but as the focus of the script was elsewhere, his plan comes as too reliant on coincidences and good luck. "Money Heist" never falls into those pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I don't think they'd be promoting him this much if he weren't the Big Bad.