Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default SDCC 2019: DC Still Working To Bring Milestone Media To Comics Stands

At the DC Nation panel, DC Co-Publisher Dan DiDio was asked by a fan about the status of Milestone Comics properties. DiDio responded by noting “We’re Working On It.” So, Milestone is not dead at DC… yet?
    https://insidepulse.com/2019/07/20/s...comics-stands/

Can Milestone even publish Milestone, let alone DC? Aren't the surviving owner's who re-branded themselves as Milestone Media 2.0, currently in a lawsuit against the family and survivors of Dwayne McDuffie, over the rights?
    Or was that resolved?
    https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/dw...a-1202512743/#!
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-24-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Let Milestone go DC. Its not happening at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Let Milestone go DC.
    I think it's up to Milestone, not DC.
    DC doesn't own it, Milestone can go where they want! Have always had approval of all content produced, where and how their characters are used.
    I'm sure if Milestone found a better deal, they'd sign and go elsewhere.

Right now if there is no content being produced and published, it might be because of Milestone's own internal lawsuit. (see link above).
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-24-2019 at 07:42 AM.

I still have no idea what's going on with Milestone, and it doesn't seem like DC has a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Let Milestone go DC. Its not happening at this point.
    they should go join Catalyst prime .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Can Milestone even publish Milestone, let alone DC? Aren't the surviving owner's who re-branded themselves as Milestone Media 2.0, currently in a lawsuit against the family and survivors of Dwayne McDuffie, over the rights?
    Or was that resolved?
    https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/dw...a-1202512743/#!
    It didnt seem to be resolved yet. As an outsider, given how ugly the story is, whichever way it is decided, I cant see how any version of milestone can emerge from this. The characters may appear but the company...?

Certainly be interesting to see how it plays out

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    It didnt seem to be resolved yet. As an outsider, given how ugly the story is, whichever way it is decided, I cant see how any version of milestone can emerge from this. The characters may appear but the company...?

Certainly be interesting to see how it plays out
    A number of those characters have appeared on Young Justice.

The television rights and comic rights seem to be two separate things. The Static Shock cartoon was running for years when there were no Milestone books on the stands, ditto for when they had Static guest star in that episode of Justice League Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The television rights and comic rights seem to be two separate things. The Static Shock cartoon was running for years when there were no Milestone books on the stands, ditto for when they had Static guest star in that episode of Justice League Unlimited.
    You still have Milestone characters Icon, Rocket, Hardware, Static and Holocaust appearing on Young Justice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    You still have Milestone characters Icon, Rocket, Hardware, Static and Holocaust appearing on Young Justice now.
    While they had to edit Milestone characters out of the covers for the tie-in comic.

BANNED

Well, lawsuits take time. I sued some entities before and I was involved in that for about two years and it didn't even go to court. We reached a settlement. Milestone likely isn't doing anything until a settlement is reached, or a verdict is made in court.

Really, what Hudlin, Cowen, and the others should have done was included Charlotte McDuffie in on the whole thing. She is a writer, after all, and they would have avoided all of this. Besides, it would have been the honest thing to do. My understanding is she is the majority owner of Milestone Media. I think McDuffie had 51%, but I'm only speaking from memory. I don't think they'll beat McDuffie in court. They would be wise to try to settle somehow, but she might not do that.

If I was a fan, I would move on from the whole thing for the time being. Even after the lawsuit, who knows if Milestone will actually publish again or when that will happen.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 07-24-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    While they had to edit Milestone characters out of the covers for the tie-in comic.
    Curiouser and curiouser. That certainly supports Holt's theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Really, what Hudlin, Cowen, and the others should have done was included Charlotte McDuffie in on the whole thing. She is a writer, after all, and they would have avoided all of this. Besides, it would have been the honest thing to do. My understanding is she is the majority owner of Milestone Media. I think McDuffie had 51%, but I'm only speaking from memory. I don't think they'll beat McDuffie in court. They would be wise to try to settle somehow, but she might not do that.

If I was a fan, I would move on from the whole thing for the time being. Even after the lawsuit, who knows if Milestone will actually publish again or when that will happen.
    one of the things that never understood about this case is how exactly did it come to this point?
    If she is actually the majority owner how is that Hudlind and co started the entire process of Milestone 2.0 before she knew anything, and then after the fact how come they couldnt enter into any type of arrangement before calling for lawyers
    from the outsider's perspective, this escalated very quickly but that doesnt seem to actually be the case

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes they couldn't be used in the comics so Icon got removed from the cover near the end of the comic series.