Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Well, lawsuits take time. I sued some entities before and I was involved in that for about two years and it didn't even go to court. We reached a settlement. Milestone likely isn't doing anything until a settlement is reached, or a verdict is made in court.

Really, what Hudlin, Cowen, and the others should have done was included Charlotte McDuffie in on the whole thing. She is a writer, after all, and they would have avoided all of this. Besides, it would have been the honest thing to do. My understanding is she is the majority owner of Milestone Media. I think McDuffie had 51%, but I'm only speaking from memory. I don't think they'll beat McDuffie in court. They would be wise to try to settle somehow, but she might not do that.

If I was a fan, I would move on from the whole thing for the time being. Even after the lawsuit, who knows if Milestone will actually publish again or when that will happen.
    From the version of events presented it's difficult to see how she can lose. It's also difficult to see how everyone involved could work together in the aftermath. But who knows..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    one of the things that never understood about this case is how exactly did it come to this point?
    If she is actually the majority owner how is that Hudlind and co started the entire process of Milestone 2.0 before she knew anything, and then after the fact how come they couldnt enter into any type of arrangement before calling for lawyers
    from the outsider's perspective, this escalated very quickly but that doesnt seem to actually be the case
    As I understand it, which is probably very badly, the deal between Hudlin and the other parties was discussed first at McDuffies funeral. They publically launched their plans in 2015 and then in 2017 the legal action started

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    A number of those characters have appeared on Young Justice.
    Tv rights are done under a different contract. It’s why static show is on dvd.
    I would suspect dc wants this done because they are losing money in the trade department.
    Remember a lot of that milestone stuff is not in trades.

With folks actively looking for diverse trades that is money dc is missing out on with Static.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    As I understand it, which is probably very badly, the deal between Hudlin and the other parties was discussed first at McDuffies funeral.
    thats right! I do remember that

They publically launched their plans in 2015 and then in 2017 the legal action started
    sadly this doesnt answer my question
    lets simplify it
    What is exactly the law action for?

the way I understand it, it is basically so that the Mcduffie state gets a piece of the pie from Milestone media 2.0 because when it was anounced and how it was announce they get nothing and this because not only Mcduffie was a co-founder but also co-creator of Static, Icon and another bunch of characters

If all of that is correct
    how exactly were Hudling and co expecting this to work?

the moment that Milestone 2.0 was announced, they had to expect that Ms Mcduffie was going to come collecting, it doesnt matter what they were trying to do with the project
    So what is their defence on this?

the more that I look at it the more that I feel this is coming out of greed and/or incompetence out of the people who actually want Milestone to return and thats really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Tv rights are done under a different contract. It’s why static show is on dvd.
    I would suspect dc wants this done because they are losing money in the trade department.
    Remember a lot of that milestone stuff is not in trades.

With folks actively looking for diverse trades that is money dc is missing out on with Static.
    This makes sense
    however
    is it true?
    Does Dc even want to put those trades out?

consider that Milestone is way older than this lawsuit was and that for a brief moment we did saw a return of Milestone characters when Mcduffie was on JL years ago
    how come there was no new trades for Icon, Static and others during that period?

or did that came out and Im not remembering this?

BANNED

one of the things that never understood about this case is how exactly did it come to this point?
    If she is actually the majority owner how is that Hudlind and co started the entire process of Milestone 2.0 before she knew anything, and then after the fact how come they couldnt enter into any type of arrangement before calling for lawyers
    from the outsider's perspective, this escalated very quickly but that doesnt seem to actually be the case
    She contacted the others, but they kept giving her the brush off while vaguely acting like they were going to work her into their plans. Things kept progressing with her in the dark and they kept brushing her off, and she eventually took legal action against them. That's my understanding from what I read, at least. I admit I'm not an expert on the events of this situation and I can't remember where I read what I read.

Incredible Member

lets simplify it

the way I understand it, it is basically so that the Mcduffie state gets a piece of the pie from Milestone media 2.0 because when it was anounced and how it was announce they get nothing and this because not only Mcduffie was a co-founder but also co-creator of Static, Icon and another bunch of characters

the moment that Milestone 2.0 was announced, they had to expect that Ms Mcduffie was going to come collecting, it doesnt matter what they were trying to do with the project
    All we know is a basic timeline of events leading to Milestone 2.0 discussing a deal with DC and DC setting up an earth for the characters at which point the lawyers stepped in.

Her claim, as I understand it, is that a new company was set up which just took all the IP from the old company without consent from her as the inheritor of her husbands shareholding in the old company.

As far as I know Milestone 2.0 haven't commented on Mcduffie's version of events and are unlikely to until it goes to court (if it ever does go) so we have no idea. It could be a completely legal venture or a huge swindle. From the version of events she tells it sounds dreadful though.
    Last edited by iron chimp; 07-24-2019 at 05:00 PM.

lets simplify it

the more that I look at it the more that I feel this is coming out of greed and/or incompetence out of the people who actually want Milestone to return and thats really sad.
    The reason this is so hard to nail down is that we haven't heard from anything from Hudlin and co about the timeline of events, we only have the lawsuit McDuffie's estate filed; which can be boiled down to the estate not being contacted for a buyout or cooperation. Not just neglecting to contact them but actively ducking any correspondence. I can't fathom a logical reason why no one has reached out to her by now, considering how public this has become if it's that simple. I'm leaning toward this just being some crazy incompetence
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

https://www.scribd.com/document/3552...lin#from_embed

The intro to the court papers is here - I'm assuming there is a full transcript somewhere online.

Outright theft is her claim from that

The intro to the court papers is here - I'm assuming there is a full transcript somewhere online.

theft is not being used literally here, it outright lists her claims against them; breach of fiduciary duty, intentionally interfering with potential proceeds from Milestone, conspiracy to commit fraud, and fraud.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    The reason this is so hard to nail down is that we haven't heard from anything from Hudlin and co about the timeline of events, we only have the lawsuit McDuffie's estate filed; which can be boiled down to the estate not being contacted for a buyout or cooperation. Not just neglecting to contact them but actively ducking any correspondence. I can't fathom a logical reason why no one has reached out to her by now, considering how public this has become if it's that simple. I'm leaning toward this just being some crazy incompetence
    this kind of puts the whole "lets plan the return of Milestone during Mcduffie's funeral" in another light dont you think?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    theft is not being used literally here, it outright lists her claims against them; breach of fiduciary duty, intentionally interfering with potential proceeds from Milestone, conspiracy to commit fraud, and fraud.
    Doesnt it say "literally stolen" in the opening page? I cant open it again- (I'm assuming 2 views then yr out with scribd). It sounds like you have read far more of it though

first time reading this and it sounds pretty terrible for Hudlin and Co

BANNED

Well, I guess it's good that Michael Davis has nothing to do with Milestone 2.0.

I’ll believe it when I see it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Yeah, the fact that they were doing this all behind the McDuffie estate's back makes me assume that their endgame was hoping to "rebrand" the relaunch as different enough to squeeze them out of getting any rights claims.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 07-24-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.