Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Doesnt it say "literally stolen" in the opening page? I cant open it again- (I'm assuming 2 views then yr out with scribd). It sounds like you have read far more of it though
    in the introduction they do use the term "literally stolen" but they mean stealing in the sense that they are obstructing the McDuffie estate from seeing any bread they are entitled to off Milestone's properties/revival. on the first page before the introduction, it lists all the complaints they are filing against the parties involved.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    this kind of puts the whole "lets plan the return of Milestone during Mcduffie's funeral" in another light dont you think?
    the funeral thing never sat right with me, in the sense it felt too anecdotal, you know? The way it's presented just feels very cartoonishly conspiratorial. I wasn't there so for all I know it could've and likely did happen like that but it seems silly to me that you would be conspiring to cut out McDuffie's estate at his wake among his family aka the inheritors of his estate, then announce the launch of the Milestone revival and expect there to be no fuss. the situation severely needs context, it's supposedly an issue of communication and correspondence but we live in the age of social media, it's never been easier to reach people. how is this still an issue? If it was all done out of greed, solely trying to muscle out Fullerton, it's not even a good finesse. what kind of gain would you get from boxing out the estate that you couldn't get from buying out their shares?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the funeral thing never sat right with me, in the sense it felt too anecdotal, you know? The way it's presented just feels very cartoonishly conspiratorial. I wasn't there so for all I know it could've and likely did happen like that but it seems silly to me that you would be conspiring to cut out McDuffie's estate at his wake among his family aka the inheritors of his estate, then announce the launch of the Milestone revival and expect there to be no fuss. the situation severely needs context, it's supposedly an issue of communication and correspondence but we live in the age of social media, it's never been easier to reach people. how is this still an issue? If it was all done out of greed, solely trying to muscle out Fullerton, it's not even a good finesse. what kind of gain would you get from boxing out the estate that you couldn't get from buying out their shares?
    The funeral story is Hudlin's and it does make sense- load of creators in same room at same time, having a drink, remembering a friend = "let's get the band back together". In retrospect it looks awful given how things played out but at the time it could have been nothing more grand than an idea on the back of a napkin

BANNED

I'm going to take a wild guess that Dwayne McDuffie's wife was also at this funeral. If things were on the up and up, they would have simply included her in their conversation about bringing Milestone back. For some reason, they specifically wanted to cut her out and must have thought they could get away with it. It sounds absurd, considering that she's the majority owner, but they must have actually thought this.

Incredible Member

I was able to read the whole court submission and whilst I'm hardly the legal mind of a generation some stand out points are

1. At the time of his death Milestone was owned 50% by mcduffie and 50% by Dingle with both Davis and Cowan having sold their shares back to Milestone by this time.
    2. According to shareholders agreement in the case of a shareholders death, Milestone had the option to purchase those shares within 90 days. (See point 37.)

So basically Dingle could have bought the company outright in first half of 2011

3. Between 2011and 2015 Charlotte McDuffie did not know her husbands financial relationship with Milestone and Dingle et al deliberately withheld this information from her.

4. Assets / IP were transferred from Milestone to Milestone 2.0 without her knowledge and consent.

As a shareholder Dingle is in the most trouble with Cowan and Hudlin accused and aiding and abetting him.

Something sort of like that but obviously my language will be imprecise.

The whole document is embedded and more easily read here https://www.comicsbeat.com/mcduffie-...ne-comics-yet/ than on scribd

Ultimate Member

I am going to be the A-HOLE in this for a moment. There are 2 ways to "gain."

The FEAR folks will go to HER more than you with questions or trying to get stuff pass folks. Think about it like this-
    Who got the contract with DC? Who got asked for a Static Shock pilot/show? Who did DC go to in 2009 for the ill-fated Milestone return in 2006-2009?

Whose named FOREVER comes up? Dwayne McDuffie. Logic would say go to his WIDOW. Static did not get screwed while McDuffie was alive.
    You think McDuffie would have put up with the mess known as New 52 Static? Or that Static in name only who cries about a girlfriend running around in Young Justice and needs Black Lightning to train him?

Now the other "gain" you do Milestone 2.0 and its all BLACK MEN. You "pander" to those fake woke black folks who eat that mess up. You take FULL advantage of the LACK of original Milestone stuff not in trades-so no one (like ME) can point out how many non-blacks worked on those original books.
    Folks forget one the last works of the legendary Gil Kane was Static.
    John Paul Leon, John Roszum & Matt Wayne were not black. The late Madeleine Joan Blaustein introduce one of the few transgender led minis and one of the FEW transgender writers ever.

I think it's more of the first one than the second one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I am going to be the A-HOLE in this for a moment. There are 2 ways to "gain."

The FEAR folks will go to HER more than you with questions or trying to get stuff pass folks. Think about it like this-
    Who got the contract with DC? Who got asked for a Static Shock pilot/show? Who did DC go to in 2009 for the ill-fated Milestone return in 2006-2009?

Whose named FOREVER comes up? Dwayne McDuffie. Logic would say go to his WIDOW. Static did not get screwed while McDuffie was alive.
    You think McDuffie would have put up with the mess known as New 52 Static? Or that Static in name only who cries about a girlfriend running around in Young Justice and needs Black Lightning to train him?

Now the other "gain" you do Milestone 2.0 and its all BLACK MEN. You "pander" to those fake woke black folks who eat that mess up. You take FULL advantage of the LACK of original Milestone stuff not in trades-so no one (like ME) can point out how many non-blacks worked on those original books.
    Folks forget one the last works of the legendary Gil Kane was Static.
    John Paul Leon, John Roszum & Matt Wayne were not black. The late Madeleine Joan Blaustein introduce one of the few transgender led minis and one of the FEW transgender writers ever.

I think it's more of the first one than the second one myself.
    that's flawed reasoning tho, there's no reason people would think to defer to Charlotte Fullerton on anything regarding Milestone, whether she's involved or bought out; her name rings no bells in the comics community. Your satisfaction with how Static's been portrayed aside, there's nothing in how he was utilized in the New 52 or in Young Justice that's "screwed him over" more than this whole legal fiasco has in the first place. There's no accolades they could get from having an all black male revival of Milestone that they wouldn't get if they included or offer to buy-out the widow of the central figure of the original Milestone. both of those reasons just sound like unnecessary and obviously problematic risk to take. further context is necessary because if those are the best reasons we have for the desecration of the legacy of Milestone (which this whole legal battle has become at this point) then this is just incompetence on a level I've never seen from rational human beings.

currently following:

BANNED

I don't know the minds of these people, but what makes the most sense to me is that Dingle and whoever else simply did not want to buy out McDuffie's widow (there's nothing guaranteeing she'd willing to sell her shares), and they didn't want to include her because they didn't want to pay her for whatever gains they made under this new Milestone, perhaps with the thinking that she wasn't involved in the original Milestone, so why should she profit from it. Thus, they thought of a scheme to exclude her. But that's just my deduction from what I know of this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I don't know the minds of these people, but what makes the most sense to me is that Dingle and whoever else simply did not want to buy out McDuffie's widow (there's nothing guaranteeing she'd willing to sell her shares), and they didn't want to include her because they didn't want to pay her for whatever gains they made under this new Milestone, perhaps with the thinking that she wasn't involved in the original Milestone, so why should she profit from it. Thus, they thought of a scheme to exclude her. But that's just my deduction from what I know of this.
    Article 37 of the court documents says something to the effect that the shareholders document had the option of a compulsory purchase of the shares by milestone within 90 days of a shareholders death. So she would have had to sell Mcduffies shares to dingle if he chose to buy within those three months at what I'm assuming is a compulsory purchase price.

I was able to read the whole court submission and whilst I'm hardly the legal mind of a generation some stand out points are

1. At the time of his death Milestone was owned 50% by mcduffie and 50% by Dingle with both Davis and Cowan having sold their shares back to Milestone by this time.
    2. According to shareholders agreement in the case of a shareholders death, Milestone had the option to purchase those shares within 90 days. (See point 37.)

So basically Dingle could have bought the company outright in first half of 2011

3. Between 2011and 2015 Charlotte McDuffie did not know her husbands financial relationship with Milestone and Dingle et al deliberately withheld this information from her.

4. Assets / IP were transferred from Milestone to Milestone 2.0 without her knowledge and consent.

As a shareholder Dingle is in the most trouble with Cowan and Hudlin accused and aiding and abetting him.

Something sort of like that but obviously my language will be imprecise.
    1- pretty interesting
    2- worth mentioning here that it does seem that Dingle was aware of this but he didnt do it because "they believed that they would better off by not doing so" point 39
    Im guessing that they believed that they could have gotten a better price or something among those lines but it is very not clear to me why the hell would they think this

3- this is the part that I still dont get
    without any ill intentions and given them all the benefit of the doubt
    why do this unless they want to rip her off?

4- now this is pretty much the smoking gun

there is no need to transfer the assets like this unless they just want to get rid of Mcduffie
    also since Mcduffie owns half of the state wouldnt Diggle need her approval for the transfer

It is hard not to see any ill intend

The whole document is embedded and more easily read here https://www.comicsbeat.com/mcduffie-...ne-comics-yet/ than on scribd
    thanks a ton

the funeral thing never sat right with me, in the sense it felt too anecdotal, you know?
    The funeral story is Hudlin's and it does make sense- load of creators in same room at same time, having a drink, remembering a friend = "let's get the band back together". In retrospect it looks awful given how things played out but at the time it could have been nothing more grand than an idea on the back of a napkin
    Exactly it's an anecdote Hudllin himself tells, although I think he specifies after the event, it's how we heard of Milestone 2.0 either CBR or Nsrma covered it, but it's where they got together, it makes sense. She did not make it up, it's because of what followed it becomes awful...

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post

4- now this is pretty much the smoking gun
    Yep, not sure how they will ever justify that.
    I cant see how any version of milestone can emerge from this. The characters may appear but the company...?
    Eh, they'll be fine, just all the right people got to get payed, everything settled, and actually finally put out CONTENT!
    The strength of the popular characters especially Static will override all this.
    Best bet is get a film live action or animated as per Spider-Verse out there, and a comic series to go along side with it.
    Someone will have the faith and conviction in the property to put up the money for that.
    This will generate enough to pay everyone (and the lawyers), show the good will of all those involved, and give the fans what they want, content, which is what maters.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-26-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Eh, they'll be fine, just all the right people got to get payed, everything settled, and actually finally put out CONTENT!
    The strength of the popular characters especially Static will override all this.
    Best bet is get a film live action or animated as per Sider-Verse out there, and a comic series to go along side with it.
    Someone will have the faith and conviction in the property to put up the money for that.
    This will generate enough to pay everyone (and the lawyers), show the good will of all those involved, and give the fans what they want, content, which is what maters.
    It depends on personalities involved. Personally I'd want jail if I believed what's stated in that court document. Its not just the money, it's all the time spent too. It could add up to 10 years of your life (from 2011) spent on this when it could have been spent far more pleasantly. Plus it's not justice for yourself, its justice for your spouse. Money is no use to them.

Another type of personality might say business is business - move forward.

I don't know why people are giving these dude the benefit of the doubt, or maybe I should say, I don't know why people think this is anything other than greed, there is no deep meaning here, they were about to do some underhanded **** for money; which reminds me, I had forgotten about that Boondocks episode about Reginald Hudlin but I remember now and I don't trust that dude.

And that funeral story never came across as positive to me, it sounded like "well now that he's (McDuffie) dead, let's do what we couldn't before muhahahahaha" And yeah maybe that's the cynical side of me but seriously, talking about getting the "band back together" at a funeral ...you couldn't wait a day.

Anyway, I hope Milestone can really come back but I won't be holding my breath, I'm just happy the tv rights are better than the comic rights.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 07-26-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Incredible Member

There are other possible narratives. Maybe Dingle has a later shareholder document that says in the case of death of the other shareholder, their shares go to the last living shareholder or something of that nature and that McDuffie knows this and the court case is actually a hustle against Milestone 2.0 rather than other way round.

None of us know and we wont know until it goes to court if it ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Best bet is get a film live action or animated as per Spider-Verse out there, and a comic series to go along side with it.
    I wonder about this
    for one, I really want to know what is the deal with TV
    I understand that is on different rules of which Milestone 2 doesnt apply which is why Milestone characters are in Young Justice

but doesnt this mean that WB can make a movie or a series with Milestone characters right now but they havent done it yet
    remember YJ started on 2010, so at the very least we are close to 10 years of WB sitting on these properties and doing jack with them

it is the same coversation with the Trades, does DC/WB even care a little bit about them to make them work or to put work on them

the only reason why we saw evn a little bit of progress is because master hustler Hudlin saw interest on them so if this gets resolve on court and the piece of the cake becomes smaller for him orr disappears then this also will probaly go nowhere
    also please keep in mind Im not advocating for Hudlin to win his case, for everything that we have saw so far he deserves nothing for trying to ripoff Mcdffie but I will do agree that he seems to be the only party involved in making Milestone happen

It depends on personalities involved. Personally I'd want jail if I believed what's stated in that court document. Its not just the money, it's all the time spent too. It could add up to 10 years of your life (from 2011) spent on this when it could have been spent far more pleasantly. Plus it's not justice for yourself, its justice for your spouse. Money is no use to them.

Another type of personality might say business is business - move forward.
    Im not a lawyer but im pretty sure that this is not the kind of trial that involves prison time
    this is a civil lawsuit not...
    the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't know why people are giving these dude the benefit of the doubt, or maybe I should say, I don't know why people think this is anything other than greed, there is no deep meaning here, they were about to do some underhanded **** for money; which reminds me, I had forgotten about that Boondocks episode about Reginald Hudlin but I remember now and I don't trust that dude.
    unless I missed a coment somewhere I dont think anyone here has argued positively about Hudlin

And that funeral story never came across as positive to me, it sounded like "well now that he's (McDuffie) dead, let's do what we couldn't before muhahahahaha" And yeah maybe that's the cynical side of me but seriously, talking about getting the "band back together" at a funeral ...you couldn't wait a day.

Anyway, I hope Milestone can really come back but I won't be holding my breath, I'm just happy the tv rights are better than the comic rights.
    see my comment above about the TV rights

There are other possible narratives. Maybe Dingle has a later shareholder document that says in the case of death of the other shareholder, their shares go to the last living shareholder or something of that nature and that McDuffie knows this and the court case is actually a hustle against Milestone 2.0 rather than other way round.

None of us know and we wont know until it goes to court if it ever does.
    if that document exist this would had been resolved by now

again this looks like a very tight case for Mcduffie to win