Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Default Patrick Gleason starts drawing Amazing Spider-Man starting with #32!

Patrick Gleason starts drawing ASM beginning with issue #32!

Amazing art; perfect for the book/Spidey.

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...717539840?s=20

Astonishing Member

Great get by Marvel, Patrick Gleason. Gleason's drawn the big three in Bats, Supes and Spidey.

Gleason seems like he was born to draw Spider-Man .

dont know much about artists but I like this piece so far
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Great get by Marvel, Patrick Gleason. Gleason's drawn the big three in Bats, Supes and Spidey.
    Bendis screwed him over by forcing him and Tomasi off Superman, it's no wonder he came the other way. He was initially assigned the art duties on Action Comics, but that didn't last long.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis screwed him over by forcing him and Tomasi off Superman, it's no wonder he came the other way. He was initially assigned the art duties on Action Comics, but that didn't last long.
    He also did the art for the first arc of Bendis' Young Justice. I think that shows he doesn't have any ill will towards Bendis personally, just probably upset had to end their run earlier than expected. Superman Rebirth was a really sweet and fun book, and Gleason always filled it with alot of personality, so Im excited to see that approach towards Spider-Man.

I will say I didn't actually realize that the Miguel segment from #25 was drawn by him, though that may have also been because of the way it was coloured and that whole scenario was just alot darker in general compared to say, this cover, or his other works. So I wanna see how it looks in a full issue.

Y'all already know: I'm psyched for this arc!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gleason seems like he was born to draw Spider-Man .
    Agreed! With him and Ottley in the book, we'll have Spidey at his very best in years!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I remember. DC's loss is Marvel's gain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Agreed! With him and Ottley in the book, we'll have Spidey at his very best in years!
    Nick Spencer writing with Ryan Ottley and Patrick Gleason on art duties, hell of a pairing.

Hopefully we’ve seen the last of Ramos...lol.

Loving the eyes . I’ve always been a fan of the big spider eyes and lean look of the character. So if that pic is any indication of what to expect from Gleason I’m sold. Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Hopefully we’ve seen the last of Ramos...lol.

Loving the eyes . I’ve always been a fan of the big spider eyes and lean look of the character. So if that pic is any indication of what to expect from Gleason I’m sold. Can’t wait.
    Seriously...can we stop bashing one artist to praise another? It comes across as very childish and unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Seriously...can we stop bashing one artist to praise another? It comes across as very childish and unwarranted.
    i agree but its the same as asking to stop bashing one series to promote another. Its an impossible task
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Bashing? Basically stating you like an artist over another artist is bashing? Seems a bit sensitive......

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Bashing? Basically stating you like an artist over another artist is bashing? Seems a bit sensitive......
    Ramos wasn't even mentioned, so yes it's bashing to drag him into a conversation for nothing. Sensitive or being respectful?