Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default History of the Marvel Universe #1

Needed to make a thread for this narrative version of a Guide.

Also cause this probably going to be the most beautiful book Marvel releases this Year.
    Last edited by Woozie; 07-25-2019 at 07:16 PM.

This was really good. I’m really tempted to stop getting the singles and just wait for the treasury edition coming out
    We need better comics

This was great! We need a new story going over the Tuk mythos.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I honestly thought they are gonna put some dates on.

Can Someone just give Javier Rodriguez and Alvaro Lopez Eisners already?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

While I absolutely loved it, I did feel it glossed over a lot of important MU history. The original Eternal civil war leading to the creation of their civilization on Uranus, nothing about Conan or Kull (though I guess I can understand why, but at least mention their civilizations and what humanity was accomplishing at the time), a lot of the early Kree stuff was glossed over too. Yeah, some was mentioned in the back part of the book, but I'd rather have seen it all together.

Loved the inclusion of Tuk, though the two sections contradicted each other.

Mr. Immortal was there, right? Right?!?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

BOOOO at including Aaron's crappy 1.000.0000 BC Avengers crap on this, but overall it was pretty good. Surely must have taken Waid a lot of work.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

This should 100% be a trade-waiting book, but I'm picking up the single issues just to witness the art ASAP.

Fantastic Member

Yeeeeahhh I was for sure going to trade wait this, but the early buzz from the readers has convinced me to grab it issue by issue too. Can't wait to hit my LCS tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

is the hyborian age wasn't mentioned because the conan license is still temp for marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    They forgot to mention the Third Age and the War of The Ring.
    Loved this

Lol

The only two notable omissions I can see are Knull's history and the Lifestone tree, but those were explained well in their original stories and this helps us put those into context.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    While I absolutely loved it, I did feel it glossed over a lot of important MU history. The original Eternal civil war leading to the creation of their civilization on Uranus, nothing about Conan or Kull (though I guess I can understand why, but at least mention their civilizations and what humanity was accomplishing at the time), a lot of the early Kree stuff was glossed over too. Yeah, some was mentioned in the back part of the book, but I'd rather have seen it all together.

Loved the inclusion of Tuk, though the two sections contradicted each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The only two notable omissions I can see are Knull's history and the Lifestone tree, but those were explained well in their original stories and this helps us put those into context.
    He also didn't mention the following things that are important:

- K'un-Lun.
    - The Uni-Power/Enigma Force (Captain Universe).
    - Dormammu triying acces Earth.
    - Centurius and his rivalry with Zarathos.
    - The Cotati.
    - The Builders should have been mentioned when they referred the start of the Shi'ars and the other races interfering with evolution, the Celestials being behind the Skrulls and The Progenitors being behind the Kree. Doesn't make much difference to mention that The Builders were behind the Shi'ar or The Beyonders being behind The Nuwali.
    - Moon Boy & Devil Dinosaur, Moon Boy is "the first human," and Devil Dinosaur, along with the rest of the Devil Beasts in the Valley of Flames, shows among the first instances of "super-mutation" among an Earth-based species.
    - A few important details regarding the Eternals have been left out like the exiled Uranian faction and Kronos's big experiment which caused Earth's Eternals to be cosmically empowered.
    - The Beyonders.