Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quick question..Why are some folks so against the idea of Storm being an omega level mutant? Like sheesh. It aint that serious. But anyone that experiences varying weather patterns would have to agree that to control all the weather in its totality takes a lot of power, skill, and ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Quick question..Why are some folks so against the idea of Storm being an omega level mutant? Like sheesh. It aint that serious. But anyone that experiences varying weather patterns would have to agree that to control all the weather in its totality takes a lot of power, skill, and ability.
    I don't think anyone is against her being omega, someone called her the strongest omega ahead of Legion and Franklin, that's what started this debate.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No one has a problem with Storm's Omega status. This just devolved into a "my fav is better than your fav" thread.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No one has a problem with Storm's Omega status. This just devolved into a "my fav is better than your fav" thread.
    More specifically Storm vs Magneto for the nine billionth time.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I still don't get how Dazzler isn't an omega considering the classification. There's literally no amount or volume of sound she can't transmute.

Talk about the characters, not other posters. Or the ban hammer will be swift.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I still don't get how Dazzler isn't an omega considering the classification. There's literally no amount or volume of sound she can't transmute.
    Could she transmute Banshee's or Black Bolt's screams?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    She already did dad (with Black Bolt) in IvX.

BANNED

Black Bolt is a weird can of worms because his voice is not about sound per se, or should not be in the hands of someone who read about the character. It's all about shockwaves. When he whispered, in the past, it was still shown on panel as a whisper, but it did generate some huge shockwaves. That's the real element behind his voice, the shockwaves. Dazzler should not be able to counter his voice because of the huge amount of kinetic energy involved. It would be like if she could nullify an explosion "because it goes BOOM!" and nothing else.

Black Bolt, yes. Banshee too, I'm sure.
    bbdazz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Black Bolt, yes. Banshee too, I'm sure.
    bbdazz.jpg
    She did it last year

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    maybe because she absorbs(transduces) energy vs strict manipulation like Vulcan.. I do wonder what separates Firestar and Dazzler from say Magneto since they both have access to energy on the EM spectrum. Maybe because he has broader access and his access is limitless but then there is still Monica Rambeau and maybe that is why since her powers would trump both Dazzler and Firestar. Just thinking aloud.

BANNED

maybe because she absorbs(transduces) energy vs strict manipulation like Vulcan.. I do wonder what separates Firestar and Dazzler from say Magneto since they both have access to energy on the EM spectrum. Maybe because he has broader access and his access is limitless but then there is still Monica Rambeau and maybe that is why since her powers would trump both Dazzler and Firestar. Just thinking aloud.
    This absolutely makes sense. All of it.

He can and has affected the entire globe. Firestar and Dazzler don’t have that reach. Heck Firestar wasn’t even immune to her own powers so that serves as a limit

I think Dazzler's problem is that although very powerful, her energy manipulation is extremely specific. As you have already said, there is nothing in she that Vulcan cannot do and better.