Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    “If someone doesn’t like this thing, it must be because of who their fave is. No other reason exists.”
    The shoe fits more often than not, especially with you. It fits like a glove.

Put it like this. Hickman hasn’t come up with a new definition just for the sake of it. He obviously wants to limit the number to make them a scarce resource. This definition plays into his story. It isn’t depowering anyone. It is simply reclassifying them for the purposes of his plot. The Omegas have special if not crucial strategic value. The new reason to have a Cold War.

I suspect this is a full list of current strategic resources. It just makes me wonder why no Xavier. Is it his note and thereby he takes himself for granted? Seems not. Is he unavailable for the plan? Possibly. Is he dead or no longer who he used to be? Potentially.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 05:41 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think they may be rescinding some of those. Just because Jubilee could go atomic doesn’t make her off the scale for example.

There’s a reason ‘Power of Ten’ was described as exponential by Hickman at SDCC.
    Yeah, I also think they are rescinding them. Every writer’s favorite character turned Omega at some point, it became ludicrous. I am glad we have a list of 14 omega mutants. It makes omega feel more special. I just hope it doesn’t turn out like that messy conclusion to The Twelve storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Yeah, I also think they are rescinding them. Every writer’s favorite character turned Omega at some point, it became ludicrous. I am glad we have a list of 14 omega mutants. It makes omega feel more special. I just hope it doesn’t turn out like that messy conclusion to The Twelve storyline.
    And if I understood Hickman correctly, that is what he is trying to clean up. A lot of characters became Omega that shouldn't have been and some who should have been weren't.

Put it like this. Hickman hasn’t come up with a new definition just for the sake of it. He obviously wants to limit the number to make them a scarce resource. This definition plays into his story. It isn’t depowering anyone. It is simply reclassifying them for the purposes of his plot. The Omegas have special if not crucial strategic value. The new reason to have a Cold War.

I suspect this is a full list of current strategic resources. It just makes me wonder why no Xavier. Is it his note and thereby he takes himself for granted? Seems not. Is he unavailable for the plan? Possibly. Is he dead or no longer who he used to be? Potentially.
    Xavier is classified as an Alpha look underneath his quote Xavier_alpha and Magneto is Magneto_omega

All-New Member

Don't know if anyone mentioned Betsy Braddock being Omega Leveled. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX24 View Post
    Don't know if anyone mentioned Psylocke being Omega Leveled. :-\
    She's not.

If so does that mean Bobby could freeze the planet? I suspect he could.
    Nearly did in Liu's Astonishing X-Men run, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I am pretty happy with scaling back of powers, I grumpily get into arguments about Tempus usability because I would rather see cool power scaleback until it is useable especially when it is unique ability, not the millionth telepath. For me having fewer continent/planet killers running around makes for less them asking how come didn't Iceman, Jean Grey and Storm just overpower everyone. The franchise is better with fewer overpowered characters and more defined powers so characters can stay powerful instead of having to be nerfed.

I hope Hickman also attacks Telepath issue like this Telepathy is a power that should have a wide variety. Every Telepath should have specialty Psylocke could be Psyknifes, Captian Britain could be an Illusions, Moonstar could be causing fear and nightmares, Karma could be possessions, Professor Xavier could be Astral Projection, Blindfold could be Precog,etc.. Telepaths need a hard set of rules or else you get stupidity like Rachel Grey getting her mind take over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Xavier is classified as an Alpha look underneath his quote Xavier_alpha and Magneto is Magneto_omega
    What exactly does that mean? Especially when using Xavier as the first example.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

What exactly does that mean? Especially when using Xavier as the first example.
    Beta
    Alpha
    Omega

That is how mutant powers are classified. Magneto is Omega level now (Previous he was Alpha), Xavier is classified as Alpha I believe he was always that

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Nearly did in Liu's Astonishing X-Men run, yeah.

That does sound vaguely familiar, but not sure if I read it. To be honest, for the longest time I read my X-books and then moved onto the next book. Not conducive to remembering everything. Apart from a few highlights it hasn’t been my favourite corner of the universe despite being a reader. I mean I have quite a few to catch up with at some point and they suddenly seem even less relevant now. Rosenberg I am looking at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Beta
    Alpha
    Omega

That is how mutant powers are classified. Magneto is Omega level now (Previous he was Alpha), Xavier is classified as Alpha I believe he was always that

Fair enough. I always saw the classification as colour so I didn’t give it much thought until now. Especially when some characters were classified way above their pay grade. (Not saying who). Hence me saying I found it confusing.

I know people argue about these things but I usually try and stay out of it. Like who would win a fight arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Finally caught up on the thread and I would have to agree with the people who said there wasn't a case where they said only one person can be an Omega in their category. Maybe it will be detailed later but so far that was never said.

As for Nate Grey, he was depowered so he might not count.
    Right. People are thinking way to hard about this list. No where does it say these are the ONLY Omega mutants in existence. To me, these are the most important according to Xavier/Krakoa.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    The shoe fits more often than not, especially with you. It fits like a glove.
    Not really. You just don’t like me and my posts, and you’re really on the hype train for this.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)