Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People out here writing essays about why they disagree with a fictional list based on fictional science. Holy balls.
    "Cable was right!"

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lolol issa mess
    It would be good more women in this list. Meggan and Magma for example

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    People out here writing essays about why they disagree with a fictional list based on fictional science. Holy balls.
    Pretty sure that's what Hickman was hoping would happen. Fandom is very predictable in these situations.

How does even this work? What's your definition of a 'god'?
    Well, Earth X final forms.

BANNED

I already had my essay written just in case Storm was left off this list. Not that Storm needed it or whatever, seeing as Hadari Yao is something different and deeper than her mutant abilities all together, but I'm in agreement with this list. This just means Storm is winning on an Omega level. Storm is to be protected at all costs. I'm sure T'Challa would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We would. But we have crossed the event horizon so we can’t send messages except to each other. On the other hand we have all the time in the world. We can build new relationships and hope one of us or perhaps our grand children, develops into an Omega level mutant and gets us out of here.
    As long as that grandchild doesn't say "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me," we're good!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    ������
    10char
    I mean, it's all accurate. The classification system concept is inherently bad. It shouldn't exist. Many arguments by other people over other characters in this thread have already proven this. I simply added further evidence to the point by way of case example built off direct experience. Because who else was I going to use? Banshee? Sunfire? Any argument I made using them (or any other character, really) would've been smacked down by people who know them far better, and I would've deserved it. Context is key.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Pretty sure that's what Hickman was hoping would happen. Fandom is very predictable in these situations.
    Yep. And he probably thinks that's a good thing.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I already had my essay written just in case Storm was left off this list. Not that Storm needed it or whatever, seeing as Hadari Yao is something different and deeper than her mutant abilities all together, but I'm in agreement with this list. This just means Storm is winning on an Omega level. Storm is to be protected at all costs. I'm sure T'Challa would agree.
    who are you and where have you been all my life!?!?!?

completely agree with all of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is all Claremont's fault.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Yeah Lorna is just point blank not as strong/skilled as Magneto at manipulating magnetism. She never has been. She’s been pretty quickly defeated by multiple people on that list. I promise you I’m not trying to come across as a hater, I like Lorna but like let’s just be realistic here. That’s all I’m gonna say on it.
    Like most of the people on the list Lorna has at times done incredibly powerful stuff and at times being beaten way too easily. I would have loved to see Lorna on the list instead of Magneto - can you imagine the wild discussions here if she had been? :-)
    In my mind Lorna is the third most powerful female mutant (Storm is number 1 and Jean is number 2 - and all three of them are of course more powerful than the men on this list. :-) )
    Lorna would have made a wonderful addition. I would personally have loved to see more women than men on the list. The women in the X-Men universe are much more badass than the men.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Like most of the people on the list Lorna has at times done incredibly powerful stuff and at times being beaten way too easily. I would have loved to see Lorna on the list instead of Magneto - can you imagine the wild discussions here if she had been? :-)
    In my mind Lorna is the third most powerful female mutant (Storm is number 1 and Jean is number 2 - and all three of them are of course more powerful than the men on this list. :-) )
    Lorna would have made a wonderful addition. I would personally have loved to see more women than men on the list. The women in the X-Men universe are much more badass than the men.
    I like you. i like you a lot!!! i can definitely cosign this post (^_^)

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This is all Claremont's fault.
    lol pretty much. Page 7 in issue 208, Nimrod mentioned being unable to determine the omega subject's upper limit And he was referring to Rachel--which makes me wonder why she isn't on the list. The definition would later be clarified in X-Men Forever. Hickman is simply affirming it for future writers.

And I'm pretty sure Hickman is reading this thread, laughing his ass off--that or slamming his head against the nearest wall. I can see why he went ghost from Twitter before the issue hit.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    It has to be a mix of Summers - Grey, cause if that were the case, he could have used any female to have Scott’s baby. But he cloned Jean. So I don’t think the Summers - Frost would be on Summers - Grey level.
    Oh for sure, I just think when compared, he considers the Summers bloodline to be more important than the Grey bloodline, but they're both still strong.

Hyperstorm is technically a Summers-Grey-Richards bloodline, so that's even more crazy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    lol pretty much. Page 7 in issue 208, Nimrod mentioned being unable to determine the omega subject's upper limit And he was referring to Rachel--which makes me wonder why she isn't on the list. The definition would later be clarified in X-Men Forever. Hickman is simply affirming it for future writers.

And I'm pretty sure Hickman is reading this thread, laughing his ass off--that or slamming his head against the nearest wall. I can see why he went ghost from Twitter before the issue hit.
    Lmfao I know he's reading this thread too. He's a brave man. He's definitely earned my admiration. I'm just waiting to see what else he redefines.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Haha I like this response very much. Even if we don’t necessarily agree on ranking, everything else is very true.

Considering Hickman's favorite X-Men storyline is Age of Apocalypse, it's not surprising he wanted to tackle mutant classifications, like who is Omega. I remember one of the plot points of AoA was that mutants were sorted into classes based on their mutation, and Alphas were considered the elite of society. I don't recall if there were any Betas or Gammas, but I know non-Alphas were considered inferior/lower class and treated as such. I may be remembering it wrong, but I think examples of non-Alphas were Pyro and Polaris. Pyro's fire control mutation doesn't come with fire immunity, so he has the potential to burn himself. Meanwhile, Polaris lost Alpha status when Rogue drained half of her power in an altercation and she became mentally unstable.
    It seems like Hickman has already labeled Prof. X as an Alpha, so I wonder if he'll classify even more of the non-Omegas into different classes.