Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-factor [05]: Suite no. 5 spoilers and review

Please pick up this book. I don’t care what your opinion is of X-Factor but please just pick up this issue so that they know that we want to see more of whats in this issue.

Moderators please don't get mad at me for posting this.

I also recommend reading this before looking at spoilers.

This issue was good and has me intrigued for future issues. I’m getting used to the art but its still not my favorite.

Leah Williams. Thank you for this.

So it starts off with the preview. Adam X kills Wind Dancers by shooting her for the viewers.

X-Factor submits proof of death submission and The Five approve it.

They discuss if resurrection is back to normal and the Five confirm that its fully restored.

Lorna forgot to tell the rest of the team about what happened to Rockslide.

He died in Otherworld so when he was resurrected he came back as an amalgamation of all versions. And he’s barely a week old.

He’s an omniversal Rockslide.

Also I don’t know if I mentioned this but Gorgon is back. And they say he’s acting weird. Dancing a lot.

The next day Elixer and Prodigy are talking and Elixir tells Prodigy to invite anyone because it helps with re-entry.

They are trying to help Rockslide but nothing any of them is doing is helping.

We get to the best part.

We see someone coming out of an egg opening their eyes. GREETED BY JULIAN.

SOFIA? HEY BEAUTIFUL. <3 <3 <3

He tells her she looks good in goo.

I love that she was resurrected and all the New X-Men kids are present.

Yes she’s nekkid. Who cares.

In the shot you see Hellion, Loa, Surge, Tag, Dust, Pixie, Wallflower?, etc

It cuts to Hope and Proteus. Proteus says that everytime they bring back a flyer the first instinct they have is to fly!

And we get a great page of Jay Guthrie, Melody Guthrie, and Wind Dancer all taking flight from their respective rebirths.

Spirit of the nation!

Back to Wind Dancer she hugs who I believe is Laurie and Nori but Prodigy quickly asks why did she agree to kill herself on Mojoworld. And she said that she had no other way of escaping. Mojo has mutants basically trapped there. Adam X and Shatterstar and surprise Spiral all tried to help her leave other ways.

Lorna know that they all have to be rescued but that X-Factor has been banned.

We also see Mercury, Jay Guthrie, Kevin? and Purple Indian Mutant. Damn, I’m blanking on his name.

We cut to Emma and Dani. Emma has been avoiding them because even when mutants can come back to life. Rockslide is dead and she feels guilt over that.

Dani tells her she (Emma) cares so much and that others don’t know the position she has repeatedly put herself in for her students. Instead of hardening she always is there for the students.

Eye Boy is showing all the New X-Men kids the Boneyard. You see a glimpse of Armor.

Daken is annoyed by how peppy and happy Eye Boy is and Lorna says he didn’t have to grow up with the childhool trauma that they did and basically calls Daken a grumpy old man.

Later that day we get to see Dust, Pixie, Surge, and Hellion hanging out. Lorna and Rockslide sitting next to eachother. Daken painting. Aurora flying. Loa, Eye Boy, Bling and Mercury watching TV. And Rachel and Kyle supervising a celebratory party at the Boneyard.

Sofia and David are talking. Sofia doenst understand how David got his powers back. He says he thinks he got murdered. OMG future mystery for an arc.

We see DJ! He’s trying to explain his powers to Kyle. And Rachel is like 'Dazzler is gonna love this kid'.

We get a sweet scene of Jean Paul reaching out to Aurora telling her he knows she still doesn’t want to talk about it but that he’ll always be there for you.

They activate their powers together and they create this epic aurora borealis.

We get some scenes of people seeng it, or the kids passed out from the party. And then we read an AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Cut JP and Aarora finding the dead body of Siryn.

A mystery for the next issue.

Leah Williams really did feed us. And I loved this issue so much.

My one critique is that what Apocalypse did in the Crucible and what Adam X did are totally different. Discuss.

BANNED

Wouldn't be hilarious if Kyle was revealed to be an Inhuman/NuHuman of all things

Thanks for the spoilers. Happy to see that we finally have a writer that will give some love to NXM kids, something that didn't happen since Mike Carey's departure from X-books. Hope that she stays for a very long time

God bless that woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Cut JP and Aarora finding the dead body of Siryn.
    And they killed Kenny again. This trigger happiness by the writers makes me wonder if we should do a score board when this whole direction is over and everything has crumbled to metaphorical dust, on which characters actualy managed to dodge getting stupidly killed. Or at least which characters managed to die the least for the second prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    And they killed Kenny again. This trigger happiness by the writers makes me wonder if we should do a score board when this whole direction is over and everything has crumbled to metaphorical dust, on which characters actualy managed to dodge getting stupidly killed. Or at least which characters managed to die the least for the second prices.
    It is pretty funny how mutants who survived for decades of stories just started dying constantly the instant resurrection became as simple as getting a doctor's appointment.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Leah would make a good New X-Men writer.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You mean like the entirety of X-Men published history? What HiX-Man and Co. are doing now is not so different to what past writers have done. A little more frustrating perhaps, because the deaths seem "condensed"over a very short space of time, and some, like QQ, are obviously written for laughs, but it's not different from Claremont who just loved throwing out a good "fake death" from time to time.

Plus going by the review we don't know how Siryn died. (I am under the impression this is her first Krakoan death? I could be mistaken, but I don't recall her dying and resurrecting before.)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-02-2020 at 05:00 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

NXM kids together is a beautiful sight

Astonishing Member

Give her a new xmen book already marvel

Those panels of Jay, Melody and Sofia automatically flying as soon as they woke up were amazing

David and Josh having a conversation for the first time in like 10 years, and it's about how hard it is to be around this new Santo while also planning this reunion.

Omg it was DJ and i didnt realised O_O

It was Leah's best issue

Fantastic Member

was pleased with the NXM reunion and Sofia's full return. Felt like a classic X-Men downtime issue, which I appreciate.

Ultimate Member

See, this is why I used to love X-Men back in the day. An entire issue of breathing space and good characterization. Let some of impact of the last couple issues actually land.

Spectacular Member

really loved seeing the New X-men reunion and a reminder of Emma not being just a cold bitch.

Siryn from the sounds of it probably had her consciousness shut down in the middle of flying, this seems to me it could be a telepath, someone like Wallflower or other powers that can make a person fall asleep.