Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HoX Omega Level Mutant: Definition and list *spoilers*

I figure that this would be one of the more discussed things from HoX. I am just putting a spoiler warning just a precaution this doesn't cover an actual plot HoX 1 but was part of the book so if you want experience HoX fresh like everyone else stop reading here. Also, people might discuss HoX 1 inside so again Spoilers

Omega Level
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ******
    Omega Level Mutant: A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register -- or reach -- an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification.

For Example: Both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful mutants of their power types on the planet Earth [Magnetism and Technopathy, respectively], but what makes Magneto, and not Forge, an Omega level mutant is that the upper limit of Forge's measurable powers could hypothetically be surpassed [and, in fact, has by multiple humans on the planet], while the upper limit of Magneto's power cannot be surpassed by any measurable fashion.

Note: Omega level is a classification of a single mutant power. While it is quite common that mutants manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level.

For Example
    : While Jean Grey is both a telepath and a telekinetic, she is only an Omega level telepath.

OMEGA LEVEL MUTANTS [Known] :

Jamie Braddock (Monarch) - Quantum Reality Manipulation

Robert Drake (Iceman) - Negative Temperature Manipulation

Joshua Foley (Elixir) - Biokinesis

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) - Telepathy

David Haller (Legion) - Power Manifestation

Erik Lensherr (Magneto) - Magnetism

Kevin MacTaggert (Proteus) - Psionic Reality Manipulation

Absalon Mercator (Mister M) - Matter Manipulation

Ororo Munroe (Storm) - Weather Manipulation

Bennet du Paris (Exodus) - Telekinesis

Quentin Quire (Kid Omega) - Telepathy

Franklin Richards (Powerhouse) - Universal Reality Manipulation

Gabriel Summers (Vulcan) - Energy Manipulation

Hope Summers (Hope) - Power Manipulation

Omega Protocol

These are all of the "known" Omega level mutants. It also gives their affiliation: all are with Krakoa except for Monarch (None), Legion (Unknown), Mister M (Unknown), Exodus (None), and Franklin Richards (HUMAN).

The Omega Protocol is then defined: "While it is believed that a greater dynamo is possible through collective means, it is a current priority for the mutant nation of Krakoa to protect and nurture its greatest natural resource: Omega level mutants.

All efforts are to be expended in order to secure the future of the state.

'One people. One tribe. One family.'"
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 06:40 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wish Iceman's definition was left as Cyrokinesis and Elixir's was just Manipulation of Life.
    "Cable was right!"

Notable absences

Cable/Nate Grey/Stryfe, Emma Frost, Gabriel Shepard,*Matthew Malloy,Decimus Furius,Maddie and Rachel Summers

New to the official Omega Club

Storm, Exodus, and Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Notable absences

Cable/Nate Grey/Stryfe, Emma Frost, Gabriel Shepard,*Matthew Malloy,Decimus Furius,Maddie and Rachel Summers

They may be absent because they are dead or in another dimension or for some specific situation.

I would not take this list very seriously as it changes rapidly once one writer decides that such a mutant is omega and another ceases to be.

Jean as never an omega telepath for me and shouldn't her pink form classify her as Omega?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    They may be absent because they are dead or in another dimension or for some specific situation.

I would not take this list very seriously as it changes rapidly once one writer decides that such a mutant is omega and another ceases to be.

Jean as never an omega telepath for me and shouldn't her pink form classify her as Omega?
    So here is why you should take this seriously. One X-men book was released this week. Hickman convinced Marvel to lose a lot of money to say "Here is my vision of the X-men". This run is basically the Bible for future runs. Writers who come after will add people to list and upgrade people but Hickman set up will probably by the base for a while. You shouldn't this dismiss this list

Jean's pink form is psionic in nature, maybe that's why it counts as telepathy.

Notable absences

I am not sure if this is the full list. It is confusing to me. For starters is this a hint that Xavier is dead? Magneto should have been on there for years, he has no limits.

Is there a clue in the ‘Power of Ten’ name? Is this all about positioning a specific ten Omega level mutants to act as a single unit? An exponential shift up to the cosmic scale.

Do they need Franklin to do this?

There is also some confusion over what the Forge example means. Does it suggest that Forge is not more powerful than everyone else on the planet combined?

If so does that mean Bobby could freeze the planet? I suspect he could.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 03:18 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am not sure if this is the full list. It is confusing to me. For starters is this a hint that Xavier is dead? Magneto should have been on there for years, he has no limits.

Is there a clue in the ‘Power of Ten’ name? Is this all about positioning a specific ten Omega level mutants to act as a single unit? An exponential shift up to the cosmic scale.

Do they need Franklin to do this?

There is also some confusion over what the Forge example means. Does it suggest that Forge is not more powerful than everyone else on the planet combined?

It is not the full list they have handed omega and omega potential like candy so Jubilee,Gambit,Xavier, Polaris, Gaia,Psylocke,Mikal Rasputin, Michael Pointer, Random Kid in Guggs X-men Gold story and probably more are around.

It is not the full list they have handed omega and omega potential like candy so Jubilee,Gambit,Xavier, Polaris, Gaia,Psylocke,Mikal Rasputin, Michael Pointer, Random Kid in Guggs X-men Gold story and probably more are around.
    I think they may be rescinding some of those. Just because Jubilee could go atomic doesn’t make her off the scale for example.

There’s a reason ‘Power of Ten’ was described as exponential by Hickman at SDCC.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

That’s what Hickman is trying to clean up. Too often in the past writers didnt really research fully what the term from XMen Forever meant and just indiscriminately used it to describe everyone and their mom when in most cases the word “powerful” would have been enough. The new list is a clarification and a list of known omega mutants. All the people you listed would be known so they are obviously not omegas.
    Last edited by Tank; 07-25-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Nearly did in Liu's Astonishing X-Men run, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Nearly did in Liu's Astonishing X-Men run, yeah.

That does sound vaguely familiar, but not sure if I read it. To be honest, for the longest time I read my X-books and then moved onto the next book. Not conducive to remembering everything. Apart from a few highlights it hasn’t been my favourite corner of the universe despite being a reader. I mean I have quite a few to catch up with at some point and they suddenly seem even less relevant now. Rosenberg I am looking at you.

I wish everything about this was different.

Running after “Omegas” is still cool, but the definition would be wildly different.

Meggan Braddock, Darwin, Lifeguard, Random, Hope and Apocalypse.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Hickman is trying to bring back the concept similar to the Twelve, a gathering of mutants who can grant dominion over the cosmos with their combined powers.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It really misses nate, cable and rachel. Why would Sinister Create Nate or Cable if Jean is stronger?