Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Default HoX Omega Level Mutant: Definition and list *spoilers*

I figure that this would be one of the more discussed things from HoX. I am just putting a spoiler warning just a precaution this doesn't cover an actual plot HoX 1 but was part of the book so if you want experience HoX fresh like everyone else stop reading here. Also, people might discuss HoX 1 inside so again Spoilers

Omega Level
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ******
    Omega Level Mutant: A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register -- or reach -- an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification.

For Example: Both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful mutants of their power types on the planet Earth [Magnetism and Technopathy, respectively], but what makes Magneto, and not Forge, an Omega level mutant is that the upper limit of Forge's measurable powers could hypothetically be surpassed [and, in fact, has by multiple humans on the planet], while the upper limit of Magneto's power cannot be surpassed by any measurable fashion.

Note: Omega level is a classification of a single mutant power. While it is quite common that mutants manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level.

For Example
    : While Jean Grey is both a telepath and a telekinetic, she is only an Omega level telepath.

OMEGA LEVEL MUTANTS [Known] :

Jamie Braddock (Monarch) - Quantum Reality Manipulation

Robert Drake (Iceman) - Negative Temperature Manipulation

Joshua Foley (Elixir) - Biokinesis

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) - Telepathy

David Haller (Legion) - Power Manifestation

Erik Lensherr (Magneto) - Magnetism

Kevin MacTaggert (Proteus) - Psionic Reality Manipulation

Absalon Mercator (Mister M) - Matter Manipulation

Ororo Munroe (Storm) - Weather Manipulation

Bennet du Paris (Exodus) - Telekinesis

Quentin Quire (Kid Omega) - Telepathy

Franklin Richards (Powerhouse) - Universal Reality Manipulation

Gabriel Summers (Vulcan) - Energy Manipulation

Hope Summers (Hope) - Power Manipulation

Omega Protocol

These are all of the "known" Omega level mutants. It also gives their affiliation: all are with Krakoa except for Monarch (None), Legion (Unknown), Mister M (Unknown), Exodus (None), and Franklin Richards (HUMAN).

The Omega Protocol is then defined: "While it is believed that a greater dynamo is possible through collective means, it is a current priority for the mutant nation of Krakoa to protect and nurture its greatest natural resource: Omega level mutants.

All efforts are to be expended in order to secure the future of the state.

'One people. One tribe. One family.'"
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 06:40 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wish Iceman's definition was left as Cyrokinesis and Elixir's was just Manipulation of Life.
    "Cable was right!"

Notable absences

Cable/Nate Grey/Stryfe, Emma Frost, Gabriel Shepard,*Matthew Malloy,Decimus Furius,Maddie and Rachel Summers

New to the official Omega Club

Storm, Exodus, and Magneto

I wish everything about this was different.

Running after “Omegas” is still cool, but the definition would be wildly different.

Meggan Braddock, Darwin, Lifeguard, Random, Hope and Apocalypse.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Hickman is trying to bring back the concept similar to the Twelve, a gathering of mutants who can grant dominion over the cosmos with their combined powers.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It really misses nate, cable and rachel. Why would Sinister Create Nate or Cable if Jean is stronger?

Cable has severely impeded powers and Nate is in another dimension. It makes no sense to list them.

I apprrciate Hickman trying to define things but it’s still confusing.

If being omega means “unable to be surpassed in any measurable fashion”, what are these tools used to “measure” power? And how can two telepaths be omega? Are they “tied”? Still seems a bit arbitrary but it’s cool he’s trying to make some more rigid definition.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Telepathy is still king. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It really misses nate, cable and rachel. Why would Sinister Create Nate or Cable if Jean is stronger?

Hes retconning/consolidating the definition of omega. So it doesn’t miss them because they aren’t omega going by the new definition.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cable has severely impeded powers and Nate is in another dimension. It makes no sense to list them.
    Plus since they kept WiFi I doubt we will see Nate for a long time unless someone wants to use him. Cable and Nate were at least different that they could exist at the same time but WiFi is just Nate with the TO virus.

For Nate, they could argue that he was powered down when he was resurrected. He was only uber-powerful in Disassembled/AoXM because of the life seed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I apprrciate Hickman trying to define things but it’s still confusing.

If being omega means “unable to be surpassed in any measurable fashion”, what are these tools used to “measure” power? And how can two telepaths be omega? Are they “tied”? Still seems a bit arbitrary but it’s cool he’s trying to make some more rigid definition.
    He did not need to add Quinten. How many more times are they going to try to get him over by making him more powerful? It's not going to work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    For Nate, they could argue that he was powered down when he was resurrected. He was only uber-powerful in Disassembled/AoXM because of the life seed.
    No need to get so complicated, Nate is simply not in their dimension, you cannot resurrect what is not dead. Right now it makes the same sense to list Nate as Hyperstorm.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah he was vastly depowered when they brought him back during the Dark Avengers run. He's never recovered until he found the Life Seed. I'd agree on Cable being held back due to his TO virus. Personally I think Rachel should be an omega TK user, but that's my opinion. I also find it interesting that Exodus is an omega given that his powers are augmented solely due to Celestial tech (aka Apocalypse) vs the rest.