Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Where was those steroids when he stopped Proteus from killing Rogue and Psylocke? When Magneto is on the X men, he's gonna be powered down so all of the problems arent solved in #1. Magneto made Thor look like a nobody in Avengers vs X Men #4. He's a whole different level compared to the X men, Legion, Exodus, Proteus...that's why he is so feared and why the Fantastic Four and Avengers did nothing when he took over Genosha and when he walked away with Wanda. Levels.

Magneto is a God-like mutant but it's his genius which allowes him to flourish.
    The stuff I mentioned happened when Magneto was not on the X-men, except for Mothervine last year

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Power manipulation is what she's done to activate the Lights powers and reignite mutant birth and activation. A feat no other being human or mutant had managed to achieve.
    thats not manipulating powers though. I hope Hickman gives a better explanation for her bc she isnt clear to me
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-26-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I still don't understand why people keep bringing up low showings or saying character a beat character b before. The list is about potential and characters whose powers can reach a potential unregisterable limit. They aren't always at max level or such crap. Bringing up win records or comparisons seems pointless.
    Salt can be pretty strong. Their favorite character isn't an omega and they don't like that.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I still don't understand why people keep bringing up low showings or saying character a beat character b before. The list is about potential and characters whose powers can reach a potential unregisterable limit. They aren't always at max level or such crap. Bringing up win records or comparisons seems pointless.
    For real, the salt and mental gymnastics in this thread cuz their favorite d list character isnt listed is omega level.

BANNED

Wasnt New Son omega level energy manipulator? Like what Vulcan does but to the point he could time travel etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Salt can be pretty strong. Their favorite character isn't an omega and they don't like that.
    Well, You can't fault people for being salty. I mean some mutants are actually more deserving to be on that list then people like Quintine Quire
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-26-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

That's a scarce list considering all the omega level mutants out there. I could make a list multiple times as long with just reality warping mutants.
    Looks like Hickman was only using popular characters and omitting characters with omega level potential that are hindered by something (Gambit, Cable) and omega level characters who have supplemented their power in some way (current Lifeseed X-Man, Apocalypse). As well the definition of omega level being the utmost limit of a particular power set when one can easily imagine more powerful weather control than storm, negative temperature/particle slowdown control than iceman, and electromagnetic control than Magneto (I mean just look at cosmic characters like Quasar and Galactus' heralds for the latter).
    Exodus' telepathy should also be listed as omega since he was telepathically combating Professor X, Jean Grey, and Sersi at once while controlling much of the Genoshan populace and fighting the combined Avengers and X-Men (four combined teams of them) way back in Bloodties. Jean as well has shown omega level telekinesis, though her association with the Phoenix makes that blurry.
    Last edited by Chainsaw Vigilante; 07-26-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, You can't fault people for being salty. I mean some mutants are actually more deserving to be on that list then people like Quintine Quire
    Wasn't QQ basically created to be an omega?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I am not really upset by this list or anything. But I do have an example for Quentin, when Rachel was teaching him in class he tried to break through her defences and her counterstroke gave him a nosebleed and he couldn't even get through her defences.

It's possible if Quentin pushes as hard as possible he exceeds Rachel's upper limit, or it could be a variety of reasons he is an Omega and she isn't, maybe Quentin is willing to use his powers to that level, where Rachel is reluctant to push to her absolute limit.

The classification of Omega could also be one's confidence level in pushing that limit. Maybe Lorna and Erik have equal potential, but Lorna would never push that absolute limit because she would always have more restraint than her father, she would never risk the planet's magnetic field by pushing to an extreme.

The Red Dragon

For the last time people, it’s about not having a limit. An omega losing to someone not omega, doesnt mean the winner should be omega.

It’s about potential. Who can beat who is pointless because even omegas have to factor in skill, experience, and intent.

Astonishing Member

Yeah but people don't like him so they tend to ignore that part.

Still I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the omega classification? Like it doesn't dimension your favorite characters in anyway they're still uber powerful and the feats still happened.

Is it just for bragging rights?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Power manipulation is what she's done to activate the Lights powers and reignite mutant birth and activation. A feat no other being human or mutant had managed to achieve.
    But she didn't. She was the medium by which the catalysts for bringing back mutantkind were combined (The Phoenix, and Wanda's Chaos Magic).

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I think some of the people listed are there not because of what they've done so far but what they can do. It's the unlimited potential or whatever, so even if they are not as impressive yet they can keep getting stronger without any limit holding them back.

That being said I'm salty Xavier and Emma are no longer Omega Telepaths.
    I don't mind that because it's one of the big things that separates Jean from Emma. Jean was born with powerful abilities. Emma had to scratch, claw, and bite her way to getting her powers up to that level. That effort gave her a refined level of skill that matches just about any other telepath.

BANNED

I believe he was, but what has he done to deserve it though????
    IMO I have not seen Quire do anything that says he earns his place at the seat of the table with the Big Dogs. Him AND Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am not really upset by this list or anything. But I do have an example for Quentin, when Rachel was teaching him in class he tried to break through her defences and her counterstroke gave him a nosebleed and he couldn't even get through her defences.

It's possible if Quentin pushes as hard as possible he exceeds Rachel's upper limit, or it could be a variety of reasons he is an Omega and she isn't, maybe Quentin is willing to use his powers to that level, where Rachel is reluctant to push to her absolute limit.

The classification of Omega could also be one's confidence level in pushing that limit. Maybe Lorna and Erik have equal potential, but Lorna would never push that absolute limit because she would always have more restraint than her father, she would never risk the planet's magnetic field by pushing to an extreme.
    Nice example. But i'm not impressed. Quire tried to embarrassed Pro.X in front of everyone, but failed and he ended up getting embarrassed instead. In regards to Rachel SHE is actually a better candidate than Quire for the fact that we were already told that Rachel Grey's powers is virtually unlimited.

True, but the definition that we were given for this as what it means to be a Omega level candidate represents Rachel Grey at it's finest. IMO Quire doesn't fit the Bill.

I didn't expect people to feel so strongly about this.

BANNED

Y’all better leave Salarta alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    For the last time people, it’s about not having a limit. An omega losing to someone not omega, doesnt mean the winner should be omega.

It’s about potential. Who can beat who is pointless because even omegas have to factor in skill, experience, and intent.
    This is what people don't understand.