Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What-evs.
    It's not like these Omegas will be operating at O-levels all the time or even regularly (occasionally, perhaps, given a particular sitch).
    It's just a basic way to differentiate power levels among mutants...that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What-evs.
    It's not like these Omegas will be operating at O-levels all the time or even regularly (occasionally, perhaps, given a particular sitch).
    The label only has value if it actually has an in-story purpose, which appears to be the case.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Only part I found really weird is Hickman went out of his way to redine Omega as being the "highest upper limits" of a specific mutant ability only to list both Jean and Quentin as Omega-level telepaths. Shouldn't, by that definition, only one of them technically be Omega level then?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Only part I found really weird is Hickman went out of his way to redine Omega as being the "highest upper limits" of a specific mutant ability only to list both Jean and Quentin as Omega-level telepaths. Shouldn't, by that definition, only one of them technically be Omega level then?
    Not if they are in a dead tie

That's what I said.

and he also has Proteus and Franklin under reality manipulation but put in the psionic vs universal difference. Maybe there is something that separates Jean and Quentin that hasnt been defined yet

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Was there anything saying only one mutant can reach the upper limits of a certain type of ability?
    "Cable was right!"

The Red Dragon

I didnt read it to mean only 1 person can be omega in category. Just that in that category on a scale of 1-100 and omega would surpass that as they have no limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Was there anything saying only one mutant can reach the upper limits of a certain type of ability?
    No, but people are intrerpeting the definition as such. Thats not how I took it

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I didnt read it to mean only 1 person can be omega in category. Just that in that category on a scale of 1-100 and omega would surpass that as they have no limit.
    Bingo. Omegas register off the scale and exceed the established registerd upper limit

The Red Dragon

Nope I dont know why people keep bringing that up!

I'm thinking there are other "potentially" (operative word) Omega mutants. These 14 are just the current ones who are actively/actually at that stage, now....at least that's how I interpreted it. (I could be wrong).

I wish we could see more of that omega strength from Exodus. Seems like he never does anything. Everyone else on this list has at least some omega feats.
    Last edited by Magneto; 07-24-2019 at 12:54 PM.

BANNED

What-evs.
    I think we may see it when **** hits the fan. And these Omegas step on the scene to calm **** down.

The Red Dragon

I'm thinking there are other "potentially" (operative word) Omega mutants. These 14 are just the current ones who are actively/actually at that stage, now....at least that's how I interpreted it. (I could be wrong).
    Either you are or you aren’t. Of all the known mutants these are the only omegas. It’s about potential and that’s a constant. And just these mutants are omega doesnt mean they are operating at those levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I wish we could see more of that omega strength from Exodus. Seems like he never does anything. Everyone else on this list has at least some omega feats.
    Omega level jobber