Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Omega level jobber
    Pretty much lol

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

It is interesting that there are only 3 women on the list (and one is tied with a man in her category) and there is only one person of color on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    It is interesting that there are only 3 women on the list (and one is tied with a man in her category) and there is only one person of color on the list.
    How is that interesting? Can we not turn this into another poc/sexism/whatever debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I wish we could see more of that omega strength from Exodus. Seems like he never does anything. Everyone else on this list has at least some omega feats.
    It took an entire team of Wolverine's group, plus Hope's group to take Exodus down last time. I can concede he has Omega telekinesis.

It's not like the people who don't make Hickman's Omega list aren't powerful, it just means that the certain people have unknown upper limits. Does Rachel have an upper limit, perhaps not, but she herself holds her power back and that has been shown a few times that she puts restrictions on her own power because she is a afraid of her upper limit. Because of that Rachel can never be as powerful as Jean. But even under the restrictions Rachel places herself under she is still one of the most powerful telepaths and telekinetic on the planet. Emma is one of the most powerful telepaths, they are just saying here that Jean and Quentin have no discernible limit.

I am ok with this list, I think it makes sense. Look at Lorna, is she as powerful as Magneto? Possibly, but Lorna is just like Rachel she doesn't push to the upper limit because she isn't her father she isn't willing to risk the magnetic stability of the Earth. It could be because Lorna has PhD in Geophysics that she is actually concerned about using her powers all out so she holds back somewhat.

Being an Omega I think is also the willingness to push to that upper limit.

Legion's status is listed as unknown. Isnt he in the AoX universe? The Prisoner X characters should know that. He didnt return back with everyone did he?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It took an entire team of Wolverine's group, plus Hope's group to take Exodus down last time. I can concede he has Omega telekinesis.

It's not like the people who don't make Hickman's Omega list aren't powerful, it just means that the certain people have unknown upper limits. Does Rachel have an upper limit, perhaps not, but she herself holds her power back and that has been shown a few times that she puts restrictions on her own power because she is a afraid of her upper limit. Because of that Rachel can never be as powerful as Jean. But even under the restrictions Rachel places herself under she is still one of the most powerful telepaths and telekinetic on the planet. Emma is one of the most powerful telepaths, they are just saying here that Jean and Quentin have no discernible limit.

I am ok with this list, I think it makes sense. Look at Lorna, is she as powerful as Magneto? Possibly, but Lorna is just like Rachel she doesn't push to the upper limit because she isn't her father she isn't willing to risk the magnetic stability of the Earth. It could be because Lorna has PhD in Geophysics that she is actually concerned about using her powers all out so she holds back somewhat.

the ironic thing is that Jean holds herself back as well. That was a plot point of Xmen Red. What she did with her TK in Venomized was more impressive than anything Exodus or any other TK wielder has done. I hope Hickman gives a deeper dive into why her TP is considered Omega. One theory in the JG thread is its bc its her TP that alloows her to amplify her TK. For example her psionic form that allowed her to take on Galactus was due to her TP drawing ambient psionic energy into her TK. I think he could have just stated her as psionic manipulation

I dont agree with Magneto being an omega based on the definition. The man peaked in the 90s and reached his potential. He isnt all powerful and has needed the aids of outside sources like Fabian Cortez, Polaris, Kick (I know retcon) and most recently Mothervine to boost him. He's like a retired athlete using steroids to stay in the game
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-24-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nope. That's not interesting at all.
    Not everything is about race and misogyny, no matter how much YOU want/need it to be.

Iceman is gay, Exodus is red, Elixir is yellow, Proteus is pink/violet and they're all mutants (oppressed minority). Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    How is that interesting? Can we not turn this into another poc/sexism/whatever debate?
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

If I remember correctly, Exodus didnt show any TK omega level feats in that encounter.
    I understand, but i'm mostly going by feats. Magneto, at least, has way more powerful feats than Polaris. So it makes sense that she's not the omega one.
    Last edited by Magneto; 07-24-2019 at 01:11 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh my bleeding god.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think Nate can be there if Jean and Exodus are there. Having two telepaths is the anomaly. We'll see if it's explained later
    Someone surmised Nate isn't eligible bc while he can reach omega level, the toll it takes on his body slowly kills him. Might tie into the fact he's a genetically engineered clone and not a 'real' mutant too.

I'm surprised Wolverine isn't listed as having omega level regenerative powers.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Someone surmised Nate isn't eligible bc while he can reach omega level, the toll it takes on his body slowly kills him. Might tie into the fact he's a genetically engineered clone and not a 'real' mutant too.

I'm surprised Wolverine isn't listed as having omega level regenerative powers.
    Deadpool is better? And sinister is better at healing

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

To all the trolls, flame baiters, haters, and instigators (you know who you are) who said Storm fans were crazy, fanboys, and delusional this day is for you! Ororo is an Omega-Level mutant, confirmed, and the most Powerful Black Mutant!!!! This validation is so sweet!!!!! Its been a long time coming!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Iceman is gay, Exodus has a red face, Elixir is yellow, Proteus is pink/violet and they're all mutants (oppressed minority). Give me a break.
    ?¿?¿?¿

this has the same energy as “omg this team is diverse. it has BLUE people”

Franklin's affiliation is not "Fantastic Four", but "Human". Interesting.

I wonder if that chart would change if Scarlet Witch was a mutant again.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ?¿?¿?¿

What don't you understand? PhoenixStudies says there's only one person of color, basically meaning that everyone else is white, which isn't true.

It's a fantasy world... In that world, being blue is being someone of color. Go read God Loves, Man Kills and tell me i'm wrong.
    Last edited by Magneto; 07-24-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ?¿?¿?¿

He's pointing out...and rightly so...the abject pointlessness of the actual post.