Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

I have re-read the definition several times and I don’t get why some people say that there can only be one Omega mutant per power. The way I read it, this is just a list of mutants whose power is limitless. Both Jean and Quentin’s telepathy is limitless, therefore both are on the list. It is not a competition of whose power is the strongest in each power category.
    I think it is the example with Magneto and Forge that confuses people. The whole ”Both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful mutants of their power types ...”. But that is not the definition. The definition is: ”A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register -- or reach -- an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification.” And that means that if several people with the same power set have no upper limit to their power they will all be omega. The reason why Emma, Betsy and other telepaths are not here is not because Jean and Quentin have taken their spot, it is because their power has an upper limit.
    This is not a ”there can be only one”-competition. It is just a list of mutants who have no upper limit to their power.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    They're not letting Hickman undercut Hulk, especially when he's having a critical bestseller run
    Whenever you see comparisons with the Hulk, it is best to interpret them with the basal Savage Hulk. We have recently seen Devil Hulk beat Black Panther, She-Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel and Ghost Rider with little effort. Savage Hulk could never have done that.

If Jean is only an Omega Level Telepath then the Phoenix is just a telepathic illusion she creates, it's basically a manifestation of her delusions and it doesn't exist. There is no Phoenix Force. Is her "daughter" also an illusion? Is this why Rachel isn't on the list? Jean belongs in a mental institution, not frolicking in the grass with children and wolverines. Pity the Alzheimer pill Xavier came up with don't work on mutants.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I have re-read the definition several times and I don’t get why some people say that there can only be one Omega mutant per power. The way I read it, this is just a list of mutants whose power is limitless. Both Jean and Quentin’s telepathy is limitless, therefore both are on the list. It is not a competition of whose power is the strongest in each power category.
    I think it is the example with Magneto and Forge that confuses people. The whole ”Both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful mutants of their power types ...”. But that is not the definition. The definition is: ”A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register -- or reach -- an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification.” And that means that if several people with the same power set have no upper limit to their power they will all be omega. The reason why Emma, Betsy and other telepaths are not here is not because Jean and Quentin have taken their spot, it is because their power has an upper limit.
    This is not a ”there can be only one”-competition. It is just a list of mutants who have no upper limit to their power.
    Pretty much this. I dont think people are reading it well.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

agreed I'm not getting that either.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That's what I understood. Otherwise we would have a lot more omegas (one for each type of power).

The power type can only be considered omega if it has not surpassed by humans. So that leaves very few power types.

I think the fact that Rachel, X-Man, Cable, Stryfe, MJJ, Molecule Man aren't there kind of hints to it being one per powerset. But I'm sure it'll be elaborated on later

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Telepathy is still king. :-/
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The power type can only be considered omega if it has not surpassed by humans. So that leaves very few power types.

I think the fact that Rachel, X-Man, Cable, Stryfe, MJJ, Molecule Man aren't there kind of hints to it being one per powerset. But I'm sure it'll be elaborated on later
    Molecule Man isn't a mutant.

BANNED

I agree.
    That's what I took from this. I had to read that description about 10x to fully understand what he talking about.

The Red Dragon

Except there are 2 telepaths and 3 reality warpers(regardless of origin) on that list, so it’s not limited to one per powerset.

The example with Forge is just to show despite being the best at what he does, he’s been surpassed. The human part is not the criteria for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Except there are 2 telepaths and 3 reality warpers(regardless of origin) on that list, so it’s not limited to one per powerset.

The example with Forge is just to show despite being the best at what he does, he’s been surpassed. The human part is not the criteria for all.
    3 reality workers who warp reality differently (quantum strings, molecules, psionic and reality) Forge is only not an omega level mutant because of his powerset. That is the example they gave.

The telepaths will be explained most likely the others are not the same

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Oh yeah... Mikhail Rasputin, Michael Pointer and Wanda Maximoff (if still mutant) could be argued as well.
    Assumes Rasputin is still actually alive.

Don't believe that we can conclusively prove that to be the case at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Assumes Rasputin is still actually alive.

Don't believe that we can conclusively prove that to be the case at the moment.
    Everyone is alive.

Everyone is alive.
    I think it is curious the implication that he has resurrected people like Mister M or Monarch but they are not with them. It seems irresponsible to bring these people back and not know what they do.

On the other hand, I think that the fact that PROTEUS is on Krakoa's side is not mentioned enough.