Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    He did not need to add Quinten. How many more times are they going to try to get him over by making him more powerful? It's not going to work again.
    "Kid Omega" it is kinda in the name.

Also, I wonder if people realize if you hate Quentin Quire the writers is doing their job.

Not to be biased or anything, but is there a reason as to why Hope is classified as omega in power manipulation and not Rogue if we're going by the definition given? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Hope's powers limited to only mutants? The only advantage she had over Rogue previously was that her powers do not necessitate physical contact. But with Rogue's current power set, she has control over her powers and can now absorb without touching and more importantly, absorbing all types of powers, from mutants, gods, powers-as-a-result-of-radiation, aliens and even dragons. Also while Hope's copied powers are temporary, Rogue's can be permanent if she wanted it to be. So idk...

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Notable absences

Cable/Nate Grey/Stryfe, Emma Frost, Gabriel Shepard,*Matthew Malloy,Decimus Furius,Maddie and Rachel Summers

New to the official Omega Club

Storm, Exodus, and Magneto
    They may be absent because they are dead or in another dimension or for some specific situation.

I would not take this list very seriously as it changes rapidly once one writer decides that such a mutant is omega and another ceases to be.

Jean as never an omega telepath for me and shouldn't her pink form classify her as Omega?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Not to be biased or anything, but is there a reason as to why Hope is classified as omega in power manipulation and not Rogue if we're going by the definition given? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Hope's powers limited to only mutants? The only advantage she had over Rogue previously was that her powers do not necessitate physical contact. But with Rogue's current power set, she has control over her powers and can now absorb without touching and more importantly, absorbing all types of powers, from mutants, gods, powers-as-a-result-of-radiation, aliens and even dragons. Also while Hope's copied powers are temporary, Rogue's can be permanent if she wanted it to be. So idk...
    Hope has no theoretical limit to how many powers she can copy and she does not weaken the mutants by copying them. If Rogue, for example, acquires the healing factor of Logan, he has his very weakened.

In addition, she acquires thoughts from people who absorb powers and that has sometimes caused psychological problems.

If i had to guess i would say it's because Rogue's powers hurt the mutant she is using them on. So let's say she is absorbing an omega mutant they may die before she is able to absorb the full extent of their abilities or it may no longer be unliimited because as we have seen Rogue can lose powers she absorbs. Where as on the other end you have Hope who can use a mutants powers and fight right along side that mutant with absolutely no ill- effect to her or that other mutant effectively meaning there is no limit to her power.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't think you can be omega if someone surpasses you. So even though the powers are similar Hope can copy by Just being in the vicinity and at its highest potential. Though I wonder if that means if Hope dies Rogue now become the Omega in that category.

The only exception is Kid Omega and Jean who are virtually tied
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-24-2019 at 07:15 AM.

According to his definition, the reason Hope is omega is because her ability/power is unsurpassable in any measurable way. So hope is the most powerful of her power type. Doesn’t matter if hope’s is limited to a certain method or population.

I do admit that “most powerful” is still arbitrary in some
    Ways but I think he’s trying to make a more definitive and rigid definition even if it means people get retconned out.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    They may be absent because they are dead or in another dimension or for some specific situation.

I would not take this list very seriously as it changes rapidly once one writer decides that such a mutant is omega and another ceases to be.

Jean as never an omega telepath for me and shouldn't her pink form classify her as Omega?
    So here is why you should take this seriously. One X-men book was released this week. Hickman convinced Marvel to lose a lot of money to say "Here is my vision of the X-men". This run is basically the Bible for future runs. Writers who come after will add people to list and upgrade people but Hickman set up will probably by the base for a while. You shouldn't this dismiss this list

Jean's pink form is psionic in nature, maybe that's why it counts as telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hope has no theoretical limit to how many powers she can copy and she does not weaken the mutants by copying them. If Rogue, for example, acquires the healing factor of Logan, he has his very weakened.

In addition, she acquires thoughts from people who absorb powers and that has sometimes caused psychological problems.
    But her powers do have a limit.... she can only copy mutants? Or is my memory of her powers completely wrong..?

Also, I don't think Rogue has a limit to the number of powers she can absorb too. At her nascent stage, she absorbed the powers of every avenger and x-men on earth to singlehandedly stop the celestial. You could argue that the psychological trauma from absorbing foreign memories could get in the way of the omega title but if we look at her now that her powers are finally evolving, I think she can now pick apart the powers from the memories willingly? Who knows what she could do at her peak?
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 07-24-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think you can be omega if someone surpasses you. So even though the powers are similar Hope can copy by Just being in the vicinity and at its highest potential. Though I wonder if that means if Hope dies Rogue now become the Omega in that category.

The only exception is Kid Omega and Jean who are virtually tied
    Hmm, I think the bit about the highest potential is probably why she's listed as omega over Rogue; other than that, I don't really see how her powers are more powerful than Rogue's who currently has more advantage in different ways.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

So Jean can telekinetically recreate her body from stray dna, tk punch galactus, move a nano-sentinel through a brain, said to have the ultimate mutation for telekinetic godhood, but isn’t an omega level telekinetic? Ok.

Rachel has read every mind on the planet, astral projected across the galaxy, tk herself into a dinosaur, and telekinetically created a singularity, but isn’t omega? Sure.

Wasn't Gambit (as New Son) Omega as well?

But her powers do have a limit.... she can only copy mutants? Or is my memory of her powers completely wrong..?

Also, I don't think Rogue has a limit to the number of powers she can absorb too. At her nascent stage, she absorbed the powers of every avenger and x-men on earth to singlehandedly stop the celestial. You could argue that the psychological trauma from absorbing foreign memories could get in the way of the omega title but if we look at her now that her powers are finally evolving, I think she can now pick apart the powers from the memories willingly?
    If you read the definition in the book it says it can “reach the upper limit”. Meaning”limitless” is not a part of the definition. Someone can reach this limit and still be omega.

It’s basically about what mutant is the most powerful in that power type. Hope is deemed to be most powerful at power manipulation. Theoretically there can not be two omega mutants of the same power type unless they are tied, like jean and Quentin.

In some ways this is a retcon as two people with the same power cant both be omega unless they are both tied. People will likely be upset about this.

This information will require people to re define their idea of omega mutant
    Or else they will be confused or disagree. Anyone not listed as an omega mutant now simply doesn’t reach the same power level/potential as the omega mutant in that category, thus they are not classified as omega.
    Last edited by Grey; 07-24-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Related to my last post- wonder if omega basically being “ the strongest of their power type” is related to the concept of “powers of x”.