Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I guess with the current definition if Magneto died then Polaris would be Omega. Unless Metal Master was more powerful than her or something like that
    And if a human is ever shown to exhibit one of those powers at a ridiculous level them that completely eradicated the meaning of omega. .

Like Moondragon

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    If someone dies does that mean someone can replace them.
    I don't think it's a hierarchical lineage.

If Storm dies, the "next most powerful weather manipulator" doesn't inherit a mantle of omega-ness--they have to naturally have the omega mutant capabilities. If there were two in existence, then they'd both be on the list, like Quire and Grey being two omega-level telepaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The goal isn’t for you to know necessarily just hate the character. You should love to hate that character. I love to hate Toad, just as Morrison’s Quentin has aspects that are supposed to evoke sympathy, so that we don’t completely want him gone and dead somewhere..
    Not really he is supposed to be Irritating, Obnoxious and a troll. You are supposed to want bad things to happen to him ala Joffery or Malfoy. They could put a sympathetic backstory or they could have him turn purple and choke death.

I like that this system kind focuses on highlighting new power instead of old ones. But I have a suspicion that most powers will fall under these 14 groups.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I don't think it's a hierarchical lineage.

If Storm dies, the "next most powerful weather manipulator" doesn't inherit a mantle of omega-ness--they have to naturally have the omega mutant capabilities. If there were two in existence, then they'd both be on the list, like Quire and Grey being two omega-level telepaths.
    But the criteria to be an omega capability is the nature of the powerset and weather it can be surpassed by man not the individual.

I'm assuming Kid Omega and Jean are dead tied on the list because the highest point they've ever registered is the Phoenix and they've both registered at the same level.

That's why it's an exception

Incredible Member

Interesting that Charles Xavier is not on the list. Anyway, I was surprised Rachel was not listed as an Omega-level telekinetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I think Jean's main power is TK.
    Even when she was at her top power level (Dark Phoenix) she done more things using it.
    Technically Jean's initial power is telepathy. It manifested when her best friend died. Unfortunately for most of her life Jean didn't have access to her telepathy and as such telekinesis has been her default power in a lot of ways. In universe time between Xavier blocking Jean's telepathy to her return where she didn't have it it can only be a few years where Jean has been able to use it freely. And in that short amount of time she has been able to do more than most who have had it for decades.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Interesting that Charles Xavier is not on the list. Anyway, I was surprised Rachel was not listed as an Omega-level telekinetic.
    Only one mutant can hold the title in a particular category unless they're dead tied like Jean/Quentin which might get elaborated on

Betsy never needed the omega designation anyway. Unless purpleness is an omega power category, in which case she would only have inherited that mantle when The Artist Formally Known As Prince died.

But the criteria to be an omega capability is the nature of the powerset and weather it can be surpassed by man not the individual.

I'm assuming Kid Omega and Jean are dead tied on the list because the highest point they've ever registered is the Phoenix and they've both registered at the same level.

I think it meant the person needs to have no limit with their power. Like if a teleporter tomorrow showed up and could teleport planets, people, the universe with no ill effect or limit they would be an omega level teleporter. So the list at least in my opinion just comes off as these are people who have these powers and there is no limit to what it can do but it's not the end all be all for omegas or what may produce in the future. So it's not really about someone using a power better than someone but the potential that person has with their power.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I don't understand how this refutes what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it meant the person needs to have no limit with their power. Like if a teleporter tomorrow showed up and could teleport planets, people, the universe with no ill effect or limit they would be an omega level teleporter. So the list at least in my opinion just comes off as these are people who have these powers and there is no limit to what it can do but it's not the end all be all for omegas or what may produce in the future. So it's not really about someone using a power better than someone but the potential that person has with their power.
    But every teleported has a different nature of teleporting. Magik and Lila Cheney can both do that but do it in different ways.

All telepaths work by the same mechanism
    Same for Magneto and Polaris.

Thus if Magneto dies the way I read it Polaris take a the mantle?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Related to my last post- wonder if omega basically being “ the strongest of their power type” is related to the concept of “powers of x”.
    That's the way i took it. These are the strongest of Omega types. While the others Omegas are powerful...these mutants are the apex.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-24-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I don't understand how this refutes what I said.
    I think Storm is a bad example because I can't think of another weather manipulator.

Say elixir if he dies then Christopher muse doesn't automatically become the Omega level biokinetic because his power doesn't work that way. So yeah I agree

Only one mutant can hold the title in a particular category unless they're dead tied like Jean/Quentin which might get elaborated on
    Honestly Quentin being there feels kinda weird if there are not supposed to be multiple characters with the same power there. Him being above Xavier, Emma, all the Grey-Summers kids?... Ugh, thanks I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Not to be biased or anything, but is there a reason as to why Hope is classified as omega in power manipulation and not Rogue if we're going by the definition given? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Hope's powers limited to only mutants? The only advantage she had over Rogue previously was that her powers do not necessitate physical contact. But with Rogue's current power set, she has control over her powers and can now absorb without touching and more importantly, absorbing all types of powers, from mutants, gods, powers-as-a-result-of-radiation, aliens and even dragons. Also while Hope's copied powers are temporary, Rogue's can be permanent if she wanted it to be. So idk...
    Yeah, I've been under the impression Hope can only replicate other mutants though she may have shown otherwise in AvX, so while it's true that Hope probably can copy mutant powers easier; Hope's power is both less and more restricting than Rogue's.

Also I think Rogue's power in general is basically three powers in one. She has Power Replication (ie Hope, Synch), Life-Force Absorption (ie Selene) and Power Negation/Paralysis (ie Scrambler). Rogue's probably an Alpha in all three categories atm, but she's probably more effective than the Omega's in certain combat situation(s) because of how her power(s) work in conjunction to subdue or kill an opponent.

I'm fine with Hope holding that title, since I think even with the similarities, Rogue basically has a different power-set.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 07-24-2019 at 08:10 AM.