Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

not me being dumb... why am I just now realizing that these omega mutants are probably being fed upon by krakoa
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Hasn't it been stated in multiple stories that Nate is as powerful as he is, because of Jean's genes something to the effect of her atoms are home to unlimited amounts of energy? Hence, Sinister needing to create Nate in a lab in order to ensure he was at his strongest?

She was also suffering from toxicity in the blood stream , wasn't Jean literally dying while hosting Xavier's consciousness which made the whole thing more difficult! That and Xavier specifically mentioned afterwards that even with Cerebra what Jean did for him was impossible even for an Omega level mutant!

Is that true though? No, Emma didn't have a formal teacher like Jean, but her first experiences with her telepathy didn't leave her locked in a telepathic coma upon the death of a childhood friend. Besides, wasn't Astrid Bloom the expert on telepathy that Emma learned from. Before of course overpowering Bloom after an attack locking her mind and powers away, then stealing all her experiences and applications of telepathy, as well as her accent?
    Her first experiences left her nearly catatonic, and even after Bloom her powers weren't significantly powerful. It took another couple years of constantly working and refining her skill, occasionally supplementing it with technology before she got to the level she was as White Queen.

May as well share here too. the omegas, my warm up drawing today.

omegas.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    so is this the objective list of omega mutants, the only ones

or are there still unknown ones out there?
    Also not objective, it's X's list.

The truth is that yes or yes, Rogue should be there, she knows it is omega and is more powerful and of greater potential than almost all omega confirmed.

In imitation and power and manipulation of powers Rogue far exceeds Hope.

She is also an unlimited pdoeres account and an unlimited enegia container.

Rogue is omega level, it seems a bit stupid by now they have not confirmed it.

But well if storm and magneto waited so long Rogue can wait a little longer, in the case of her it is obvious is omega, when we know her pdoer was always designed to have control, which is only unique that would keep her out of that category, and that in return, she has control and her powers increase

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The truth is that yes or yes, Rogue should be there, she knows it is omega and is more powerful and of greater potential than almost all omega confirmed.

But well if storm and magneto waited so long Rogue can wait a little longer, in the case of her it is obvious is omega, when we know her pdoer was always designed to have control, which is only unique that would keep her out of that category, and that in return, she has control and her powers increase
    She does have control now and it still drains other. Rogue is extremely powerful but i think the main problem with her power is she is a vampire in the sense that she has to drain someone to able to take their powers and we have also seen their are some mutants or gods rogue's power doesn't work on. Also her taking a power doesn't automatically equal having control over it, like when Storm let her touch her and then she lost control of the storm she was playing with. Not to mention if Rogue bleeds someone dry there isn't any certainty she would be the personality in control. In the recent captain marvel Rogue drained Captain Marvel and she took control of Rogue's body so they could fight. Now, what happens if Rogue absorbs enough of a telepath's personality that they are in her brain too? They should be able to easily take over in a mental battle and lock Rogue's persona away, thus taking control of her body and powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post

I don't think she's more powerful than said the adaptoid. I'm not up to date with rogue's status but she has a lot of restriction to the use of her powers. She needs to touch the people, it hurts them, she can't use that many power at the same time and so on...
    Last edited by Dark-Jacket; 07-29-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    May as well share here too. the omegas, my warm up drawing today.

omegas.jpg
    lovely thanks for sharing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I am intrigued to see where Hickman takes the omega mutants. I'm sure they will play an important role in the future. I am glad that Storm is an omega level. I am happy that Jean retained the status. I find tk to be more interesting than tp and would have rather Jean been an omega tp but if Xavier is an alpha mutant and assuming Jean has alpha level tk then it is all good. I hope we get to see Jean and Quinton do interesting things with their telepathy. I'm not taking about big earth shattering feats but just interesting ways to utilize their psychic powers. I never liked tp as bolt of psychic electricity. I also didn't like how Bendis often used telepathy. Both Morrison and Whedon handled telepaths very well imo.

The omega list is interesting and I will echo Phoenix Studies and others who pointed out that there is only one woman of color on the list and only three women in total. This is an x-men message board and we always have discussed topics such as race, misogyny, intersectionality and other related topics. A main theme of the X-men is oppression -systemic, structural, etc (it is why so many of us identify with the X-men because we ourselves have faced discrimination and bigotry). Just a thought about it because I saw too many people get huffy about it earlier in the thread. It is always on purpose when straight white male characters are centered in our media.

I am very excited about the omega mutants and the X-men in general. I can't wait for what happens next.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Not really. You just donÂ’t like me and my posts, and youÂ’re really on the hype train for this.
    It's not that i dislike you personally, it's that i believe your opinions are unknowningly held in bad faith, and thus, must be corrected. No offense.

And of course I'm on board the hype train for this? Firstly, as an X-Men fan its deeply rewarding to see the franchise receive the attention it used to from Marvel. It's also exciting to see the franchise as a whole try something fresh however long it lasts. I understand you don't actually care about the franchise, and only care about Polaris, but the former is how the vast majority of posters on here feel, thus the large amount of hype.

Secondly I'm excited as a comic book fan, i understand you only read comics with Lorna in them, and thus probably haven't read many comics, but as an "comicbook fan" Hickman is currently one of the best out there, I've read most of his library and to deny that he's a talented writer is to be obtuse. Again, as an actual fan of the medium, i care about the overall product, and how it's presented, not just if my favourite character is present or not, thus my hype. Also, the first issue of his run was almost universally acclaimed as the best X-Men comic in years, I'd find it more bizzare if an X-Fan feels no hype for this at all tbh.

I'm curious, have you bought and read House of X?
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 07-30-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

What women of color and LGBTQ characters do you guys think could or should be on the omega list?

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    What women of color and LGBTQ characters do you guys think could or should be on the omega list?
    Monet has potential. She already has many powers, they just aren't all that impressive category by category(she's not the strongest, or best telepath, etc, etc).

Northstar and/or Aurora could be an omega level speedster. Outside of teleporters, he and his sister are basically the fastest mutants.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm not gonna lie... after reading the definition and examples a whole bunch... I still don't understand the definition lol

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Monet has potential. She already has many powers, they just aren't all that impressive category by category(she's not the strongest, or best telepath, etc, etc).

Northstar and/or Aurora could be an omega level speedster. Outside of teleporters, he and his sister are basically the fastest mutants.
    Monet is a jack of all trades, master of none. There's nothing about her that screams omega

I dont think Northstar or his sister would be. Speed is something that can be measured and he has an upper limit

really none, at least not based off the new definition
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-30-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

not women of colour or lgbtq, but the Xorns are asian men who could be Omega imo.