Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You don't know that. Her upper limitations are never defined(as this extent of her power has barely been explored), you are presuming.

Jaime Braddock didn't start using his powers until he was already a grown ass man, and only after a traumatic, witch-doctor involved experience in Africa. And he only really reality warped in his immediate surrounding to begin with as well, and yet he is an omega.
    I do know that. Show me an example of Dani using her powers affecting the whole world? Can you find one where she's using it on someone not within her reach? There is zero evidence in the books to suggest that she could be an omega whereas there is tons to support Jamie and Franklin. Dani would need to at least match them to even be considered a contender. Its a reach to suggest that she could be on that same level.

The difference between Jaime and Dani is that she's been using her powers since she was 15. We've seen her progression and the most advanced they've developed into is her psychic arrow, which is the sum focus of her TP powers, and the illusion she created in XForce 75 from Warpath's memories of his family.

Iceman was using his powers to cover himself in snow and make snowballs for years too. Just because Dani hasn't been pushed by the writers yet, doesn't mean she can't ever get there. NM #3 shows the potential for full and true reality warping is there, she just hasn't had the stories to explore it yet.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Iceman was using his powers to cover himself in snow and make snowballs for years too. Just because Dani hasn't been pushed by the writers yet, doesn't mean she can't ever get there. NM #3 shows the potential for full and true reality warping is there, she just hasn't had the stories to explore it yet.
    The definition of omega mutant isnt about potential. That was one of the dubious things to define it in the past but as of this issue, its been made clear

Omega Level Mutant: A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register -- or reach -- an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification.

Even if I were to agree with you that Dani is a reality warper (which she's not), she would not be considered an omega mutant bc

A) Her dominant power is illusion making and

B) her power has not registered or reached past the upper defined limits. For reality manipulation, the ceiling is set by Franklin, Proteus and Jaime. Even Legion is not considered an omega for this bc its not his dominant power and he hasnt exceeded their limits, despite what he was able to do in Age of X. Dani hasnt reached past the upper defined limits and until she does, she can never be considered an omega. She wouldnt even be considered an omega for illusion making bc again Jean and Quentin far outrank her in power and ability
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-31-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The definition of omega mutant isnt about potential. That was one of the dubious things to define it in the past but as of this issue, its been made clear

Omega Level Mutant: A mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register -- or reach -- an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification.

Even if I were to agree with you that Dani is a reality warper (which she's not), she would not be considered an omega mutant bc

A) Her dominant power is illusion making and

B) her power has not registered or reached past the upper defined limits. For reality manipulation, the ceiling is set by Franklin, Proteus and Jaime. Even Legion is not considered an omega for this bc its not his dominant power and he hasnt exceeded their limits, despite what he was able to do in Age of X. Dani hasnt reached past the upper defined limits and until she does, she can never be considered an omega. She wouldnt even be considered an omega for illusion making bc again Jean and Quentin far outrank her in power and ability
    Really Legion hasn't exceeded Proteus in reality warping? I don't recall Proteus ever doing anything above what Legions done unless I've missed a story or two.

I don't ever recall their being a known limit to Legions ability either. Hickman's "Omega list" will always be iffy with Legion unless he retcons a lot of thing about him.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 07-31-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Really Legion hasn't exceeded Proteus in reality warping? I don't recall Proteus ever doing anything above what Legions done unless I've missed a story or two.

I don't ever recall their being a known limit to Legions ability either.
    There's different forms of reality manipulation and their powers dont work the same way. Legion would be more comparable to Franklin Richards (universal reality manipulation). Proteus can transmute matter and bend the laws of physics, literally changing any object he wants to something completely different. He can alter gravity, manipulate weather, cause people and objects to change shapes, etc... His powers were out of ccontrol in his early appearance and there was little limitations to his potential. He was killed off before things could even get too far. Legion doesnt work like this. His greatest reality warping feat was Age of X, which wasnt exactly reality warping so much as it was a pseudo-reality that masked the inhabitants of Utopia's memories and personas. That doesnt compare to what Franklin did with Heroes Reborn which was an actual alternate universe and not a telepathic mask
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-31-2019 at 10:33 AM.

There's different forms of reality manipulation and their powers dont work the same way. Legion would be more comparable to Franklin Richards (universal reality manipulation). Proteus can transmute matter and bend the laws of physics, literally changing any object he wants to something completely different. He can alter gravity, manipulate weather, cause people and objects to change shapes, etc... His powers were out of ccontrol in his early appearance and there was little limitations to his potential. He was killed off before things could even get too far. Legion doesnt work like this. His greatest reality warping feat was Age of X, which wasnt exactly reality warping so much as it was a pseudo-reality that masked the inhabitants of Utopia's memories and personas. That doesnt compare to what Franklin did with Heroes Reborn which was an actual alternate universe and not a telepathic mask
    So what you're saying is Proteus' power is the origamist minus the space folding teleportation and Age of X wasn't just a telepathic mask it was made into an actual functioning universe up until the incursions destroyed it according the Red Skull and even the end of Legacy vol. 2. Remember it was so potent that it repowered de-powered mutants.

Also Legions greatest reality warping feat was manipulating all the possible paths of time and space by deciding to remove himself from them.

If I'm being honest the only difference between Legion and Franklin is the fact that Legion hasn't gotten the cosmic exposure Franklin has due to the nature of the X-Books.

Legion is a reality warper, time manipulator, and much more. At full capacity(Legacy vol. 2) there is no more story which is why he was sat down and regressed during that Age of X-Man trash.

How does Hickman's list compensate for his large variety of powers many of which were already considered Omega before hand? 200+ at that. Does he just hand waive it all away?
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 07-31-2019 at 11:23 AM.

So what you're saying is Proteus' power is the origamist minus the space folding teleportation and Age of X wasn't just a telepathic mask it was made into an actual functioning universe up until the incursions destroyed it according the Red Skull and even the end of Legacy vol. 2. Remember it was so potent that it repowered de-powered mutants.

Also Legions greatest reality warping feat was manipulating all the possible paths of time and space by deciding to remove himself from them.
    Okay, you got me there, but its still different than what Proteus does. Legion's dominant power isnt reality manipulation; its power manifestation and reality manipulation is just one of many powers he can randomly manifest.

Okay, you got me there, but its still different than what Proteus does. Legion's dominant power isnt reality manipulation; its power manifestation and reality manipulation is just one of many powers he can randomly manifest.
    Okay, I get you. He has insane reality warping instance and potential, but his main power in the manifestation of those powers which is what makes him Omega in power manifestation.

Wouldn't that make him the most powerful Omega then? What if one day he just spontaneously created 5 new powers exactly like the current omegas on the list, but with levels and limits beyond all known parameters? It sounds like a joke, but that's something entirely possible due to the nature of his powers.

The entire Hick-Mega system goes to **** then just because a Legion fanboy writer got trigger happy...

I think it should be more refined while leaving God Mutants like Legion, Storm, and Franklin out of it.

Okay, I get you. He has insane reality warping instance and potential, but his main power in the manifestation of those powers which is what makes him Omega in power manifestation.

Wouldn't that make him the most powerful Omega then? What if one day he just spontaneously created 5 new powers exactly like the current omegas on the list, but with levels and limits beyond all known parameters? It sounds like a joke, but that's something entirely possible due to the nature of his powers.

The entire Hick-Mega system goes to **** then just because a Legion fanboy writer got trigger happy...

I think it should be more refined while leaving God Mutants like Legion, Storm, and Franklin out of it.
    You are right. He's arguably the most powerful omega bc there truly doesnt seem to be a limit to that power especially if he were to manifest multiple omega level abilities at once.

Extraordinary Member

Hickman's list is Xavier's list. I.e., a list that only exists to serve the purpose of the person making the list, as that purpose serves the purpose of the story.

In short, an Omega is whatever Hickman says it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    In short, an Omega is whatever Hickman says it is.
    As all things are in fiction.

Astonishing Member

as all things are in fiction.
    hickman controls all of fiction!???

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    A story is whatever a writer makes it.

BANNED

If only. If everything had proper CHARTS fiction in general would be in a better place.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Not yet but give it time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If only. If everything had proper CHARTS fiction in general would be in a better place.
    Charts make everything in general better.