Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's different forms of reality manipulation and their powers dont work the same way. Legion would be more comparable to Franklin Richards (universal reality manipulation). Proteus can transmute matter and bend the laws of physics, literally changing any object he wants to something completely different. He can alter gravity, manipulate weather, cause people and objects to change shapes, etc... His powers were out of ccontrol in his early appearance and there was little limitations to his potential. He was killed off before things could even get too far. Legion doesnt work like this. His greatest reality warping feat was Age of X, which wasnt exactly reality warping so much as it was a pseudo-reality that masked the inhabitants of Utopia's memories and personas. That doesnt compare to what Franklin did with Heroes Reborn which was an actual alternate universe and not a telepathic mask
    Where does it say this?

Edit...i see your correction.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-01-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Where does it say this?
    old news. Read the post that follows

old news. Read the post that follows
    Lol. I just did.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Only 46 pages?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    hickman controls all of fiction!???
    He has the potential to!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Only 46 pages?
    Salt is a cruel mistress.
    "Cable was right!"

Magma could actually be an Omega Mutant seeing all the powers she has shown so far and going toe to toe with Asgardian, isn't she ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Magma could actually be an Omega Mutant seeing all the powers she has shown so far and going toe to toe with Asgardian, isn't she ?
    Probably not. Her ability to create an earthquake is something that can easily be measured (has a defined upper limit). She can erupt lava from the ground but thats something that definitely has its limits (mainly range)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Which Asguardian has she fought that was note worthy?

Probably not. Her ability to create an earthquake is something that can easily be measured (has a defined upper limit). She can erupt lava from the ground but thats something that definitely has its limits (mainly range)
    She was able to hold a planet that Magus was tearing apart together.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Which Asguardian has she fought that was note worthy?
    Need to read New Mutants in Asgard again.

To me, she's much more like Iceman, she'll never push herself to a limit unless she needs too. Maybe it's because she has basically been brainwashed during her upbringing...

I liked the omega mutant definition from the X-men forever mini series but I don't mind Hickman's. I thought Iceman and Jean were omega level because of unlimited potential and the unlimited possibilities with their powers. There is a lot that Iceman can do by manipulating vapor, water, etc. Likewise Jean's tk allows for a lot of versatility and possibilities... however now it is her telepathy that makes her omega.

I agree Hickman had to do something because every writer wanted to make their pet character an omega level mutant. Both Emma Frost and Psylocke became omega. The concept got way out of hand and became meaningless. Even now the definition seems very subjective as it is something Xavier came up with. We see by this thread and by questions JDW got on twitter that fans are still very confused by the concept.

Either way it is nice that Iceman, Jean, and Storm get to be apart of this distinction (all of them were listed as alphas along with the rest of the 12 years ago). If Xavier is an alpha level mutant then there is no shame not being an omega but being an alpha class. I suspect Jean's tk is alpha class and that is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I liked the omega mutant definition from the X-men forever mini series but I don't mind Hickman's. I thought Iceman and Jean were omega level because of unlimited potential and the unlimited possibilities with their powers. There is a lot that Iceman can do by manipulating vapor, water, etc. Likewise Jean's tk allows for a lot of versatility and possibilities... however now it is her telepathy that makes her omega.

I agree Hickman had to do something because every writer wanted to make their pet character an omega level mutant. Both Emma Frost and Psylocke became omega. The concept got way out of hand and became meaningless. Even now the definition seems very subjective as it is something Xavier came up with. We see by this thread and by questions JDW got on twitter that fans are still very confused by the concept.

Either way it is nice that Iceman, Jean, and Storm get to be apart of this distinction (all of them were listed as alphas along with the rest of the 12 years ago). If Xavier is an alpha level mutant then there is no shame not being an omega but being an alpha class. I suspect Jean's tk is alpha class and that is good enough for me.
    I don’t really do twitter, did he provide any feedback on people’s confusion?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I don’t really do twitter, did he provide any feedback on people’s confusion?
    Well there were a few people asking him about Jean and Quentin being "tied" for telepathy and he did try to explain it. He said it wasn't about one being the most powerful (in their case) but did state if someone can surpass you in power or surpass you theoretically in concept then you are not an omega. An omega is at the upper limit of a specific powers classification. He did say that no one could be more powerful at telepathy than Jean or Quentin.

If you have a twitter log in you can look at his replies and see these responses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    She was able to hold a planet that Magus was tearing apart together.
    As far as the magma stuff, in Marvel Legends.. the OG Video game.. they alluded to Magma having Omega level potential . In her cut scene, after her danger room test.. They said her power levels were like the Phx.. I would say that Magma could be an omega level Terra kinetic perhaps.. Also Magma biggest fea for me is coming back to life due to her connection to the earth after Selene drained her.
    Last edited by Paleo_Rage; 08-04-2019 at 09:39 AM.