Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly Quentin being there feels kinda weird if there are not supposed to be multiple characters with the same power there. Him being above Xavier, Emma, all the Grey-Summers kids?... Ugh, thanks I hate it.
    Hes registered at a higher potential then the others by becoming the one true Phoenix at some point. It's the highest recording registered. Even if it was for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    But every teleported has a different nature of teleporting. Magik and Lila Cheney can both do that but do it in different ways.

All telepaths work by the same mechanism
    Same for Magneto and Polaris.

Thus if Magneto dies the way I read it Polaris take a the mantle?
    If she was slightly below him and meet the limitless criteria yes she would be Omega. Sort of like the fast man in the world be Usain Bolt but since he retired whoever wins the Olympics 100 is the fast man in the world even though their time was slower than Bolt. They meet the criteria by winning the Olympics and being faster than everyone else.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 08:08 AM.

But every teleported has a different nature of teleporting. Magik and Lila Cheney can both do that but do it in different ways.

All telepaths work by the same mechanism
    Same for Magneto and Polaris.

Thus if Magneto dies the way I read it Polaris take a the mantle?
    Quentin and Jean both being on the list debunks that. They are both able to get to an unlimited potential with their telepathy. And in the directors cut Hickman states "a list of the most power mutants on earth but the point of the list..." and the rest is blacked out. So i think he is saying as far as telepathy goes Jean and Quentin are the only mutants that have unlimited potential with that power. Magneto and Lorna may have similar powers but Lorna is not as powerful as magento, there is no limit to his power but whatever it may be, Lorna does. So if magneto died tomorrow lorna might have the power of magnetism but there would be 13 omega mutants instead of 14. Basically the mutants themselves and what they can do and the potential is what creates the classification not the other way around.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I think Storm is a bad example because I can't think of another weather manipulator.

Say elixir if he dies then Christopher muse doesn't automatically become the Omega level biokinetic because his power doesn't work that way. So yeah I agree
    Weren't there 2 other weather mutants - Monsoon and Hurricane?

I guess this is the author's "redefinition" of what it means to be Omega-level mutants.

Hes registered at a higher potential then the others by becoming the one true Phoenix at some point. It's the highest recording registered. Even if it was for a short time.
    This has nothing to do with the phoenix. Quentin and Jean were determined to be Omegas before becoming Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Quentin and Jean both being on the list debunks that. They are both able to get to an unlimited potential with their telepathy. And in the directors cut Hickman states "a list of the most power mutants on earth but the point of the list..." and the rest is blacked out. So i think he is saying as far as telepathy goes Jean and Quentin are the only mutants that have unlimited potential with that power. Magneto and Lorna may have similar powers but Lorna is not as powerful as magento, there is no limit to his power but whatever it may be, Lorna does. So if magneto died tomorrow lorna might have the power of magnetism but there would be 13 omega mutants instead of 14. Basically the mutants themselves and what they can do and the potential is what creates the classification not the other way around.
    It's not unlimited potential. It is defined as to reach or register to an undefinable upper limit of that specific power classification

Forges powers are supposed by humans.
    Durability has been surpassed by humans
    Super strength surpassed by humans

So they don't become omega

I'm assuming the only reason you have two telepaths is because both have registered as the Phoenix at some point

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I think Storm is a bad example because I can't think of another weather manipulator.

Say elixir if he dies then Christopher muse doesn't automatically become the Omega level biokinetic because his power doesn't work that way. So yeah I agree
    Right, right.

I imagine Hickman will explore the impact of omega mutants, and having too many and/or not enough of them, too.

Almost all my ideas feature Monsoon. We need more Desi mutants.

SHIELD career, Storm powers, Namor physique, and Hefner fashion? Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    This has nothing to do with the phoenix. Quentin and Jean were determined to be Omegas before becoming Phoenix.
    This is the new definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think so?

It seems the ability itself is what has an undefinable upper limit. Not the user’s amount of power or ability. So for example “temperature manipulation” has an undefinable upper limit (because how do you measure temperature manipulation? There is no test.)

Therefore if Bobby died the next most powerful temperature manipulator would be the omega mutant in temperature manipulation.

In this way someone doesn’t have to have some crazy amount of power to necessarily be the omega mutant in that category. Their power itself just needs to be immeasurable.

This is just how I’m interpreting it anyway, thus far.
    Yeah that’s not how I read it at all. A mutant’s potential doesnt get passed down just because they die.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yeah, I've been under the impression Hope can only replicate other mutants though she may have shown otherwise in AvX, so while it's true that Hope probably can copy powers easier; Hope's power is both less and more restricting than Rogue's.

Also I think Rogue's power in general is basically three powers in one. She has Power Replication (ie Hope, Synch), Life-Force Absorption (ie Selene) and Power Negation/Paralysis (ie Scrambler). Rogue's probably an Alpha in all three categories atm, but she's probably more effective than the Omega's in certain combat situation(s) because of how her power(s) work in conjunction to subdue or kill an opponent.

I'm fine with Hope holding that title, since I think even with the similarities, Rogue basically has a different power-set.
    Make that four powers in one--she basically has some low-level telepathy of sorts via the absorption of memories, thoughts, emotions etc, especially now when she doesn't need physical contact anymore. Basically, in certain situations, like an interrogation or something, you could replace a telepath with her and you'll still end up with the same results lmao.

This is the new definition.
    It’s a affirmation. Xmen forever established it was all about potential and having no limits. Hickman merely cleared out all the times omega was used by a writer that clearly didnt know what it meant when using the word “powerful” would have been enough.
    Last edited by Tank; 07-24-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Yeah that’s not how I read it at all. A mutant’s potential doesnt get passed down just because they die.
    It's a meaningless term now.

Theresa a reason why Cable, Stryfe, X-Men and Rachel aren't on the list. It's because Jean and Kid Omega?? has registered at a higher level in that category.

In Bobbys case it would be the most powerful kinetic

It’s a affirmation. Xmen forever established it was all about potential and having no limits. Hickman merely cleared out all the times omega was used by a writer that clearly didnt know what it meant when powerful would have been enough.
    That would mean you would still have to include Stryfe, X-men, Legion etc in the Omega level telepathy category. But now it's rendered a useless term this way. Which is fine

Mighty Member

I'm just hoping writers after Hickman keep to a strict definition of omega-level mutant. Seriously, the days of the characters screaming "It'S oMeGa-LeVeL" and subsequently getting shot was annoying.