Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    no bc she could have been listed as they both could have been listed as omega TKs instead of TP with QQ. The definition states primary power and Hickman is considering TP to be Jean's primary power. Its the first one that manifested and while she may arguably have done more impressive feats with her TK, its an extension of her TP, the source of her psionic abilities
    But if Exodus is the omega TK user, doesn't that mean Jean has weaker TK than him? I guess the fact that her TP influence her TK is a good point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No one cares. Powerhouse, Proteus and Legion still top.

Also space out your essays next time.
    Lol sorry triniking1234. I'll obey your rules from now on. I think it's very interesting that Magneto's #1 fan didn't respond at all. Biased Storm fans, man.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lol sorry triniking1234. I'll obey your rules from now on. I think it's very interesting that Magneto's #1 fan didn't respond at all. Biased Storm fans, man.
    1. I'm probably not Magneto's number 1 fan since I don't know every Magneto fan in the world.
    2. I didn't respond because it's useless and we were derailing the thread for no reason. If you want to talk about it, just DM me.
    3. Be mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    But if Exodus is the omega TK user, doesn't that mean Jean has weaker TK than him? I guess the fact that her TP influence her TK is a good point.
    On its own probably. The way I look at it is that if Exodus' TP is shut off, he'd still be able to do all those impressive feats with his TK. If Jean's TP is shut off, she cant. Jean's TK has a ceiling and its surpassed in conjunction with her TK which unlocks its potential

On its own probably. The way I look at it is that if Exodus' TP is shut off, he'd still be able to do all those impressive feats with his TK. If Jean's TP is shut off, she cant. Jean's TK has a ceiling and its surpassed in conjunction with her TK which unlocks its potential
    That makes sense.

The way Ive rationalized it is that TP is her primary power and it boosts her TK. This panel from Generations showcases what her omega potential can do. Her TP is used to siphon off psionic energy from the Phoenix Force, Galactus, beings of that planet and Terrax and she's able to defeat Galactus whereas Phoenix was getting stomped

Hickman wrote that omega is based on person's primary power and if he considers TP, Jean's primary power than it fits. Her TP is the battery (power source) and TK is the application of it. They go hand in hand and a feat like above would never have been possible had she not had TP. Like Jean from X-Factor wouldnt have been able to do this

That makes sense in a way. Even though Bendis sometimes wrote that as if it was a new ability rather than an application of TP, but it's better this way (Emma did some "ambient psionic energy" thing in the past so it works as a specific way of using TP).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I never once said she's stronger because she's been confirmed as omega. Never. Not. Once. Either there is a language barrier or you're just purposely reading what you want to read. (Not that I'm surprised in the slightest. You've done exactly that in this very thread a few times.) But Storm fans are biased? Yeah, okay. I'm saying Storm is stronger than Magneto because its within her powerset to mimic his power down to the molecular level. And that's on top of everything she's already done, especially if we take her control over the winds into consideration. He could barely stand against her when she was throwing mini tornados and bitter cold at him. Now she controls the wind on an atomic level. What answer does he have for a woman that can break through his shield with either brute force or finesse? Would he have survived long enough to hurl Colossus at her if she would've just parted his shield the same way she parted the magnetosphere? His shield is the only thing that saved him. She has a way through it now. Always has. Always will. How would he have made it through the same fight if she decided to rip the air out of his lungs with the force of a hurricane, while cascading the electrical impulses in his brain, while freezing his heart and shattering his veins, while pulling the oxygen out of his blood giving him a severe case of the bends, while parting his shield with her dominion over magnetism forcing him to try and wrestle control from her? How would your guy fair in that matchup? How would he counter all of those applications of her power being brought to bear against him at once? I'm talking about a Storm that's been written to use her power competently with full knowledge of the threat he poses? In what way would he be up to really going toe to toe with a woman of her calibre? This isn't me gloating or taking anything out of context. This is me describing a scenario where Storm is written competently with her powers taken to their logical conclusion. They both would be, actually. I'd love to hear your response devoid of any of the biases that only Storm fans hold, I'm sure.
    excellent point my friend! its not much he could do against her if she executed all the things within her powerset. and her abilities allows her to counter his powers as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't know, Franklin seems to be way on top of everybody.
    In his specific realm of power yes, but what difference does that make? Unmeasurable is not something we can compare so it’s rather academic. They can all destroy a planetary civilisation. Once you can do that what else do we need to measure? None of them are Odin. None of them are Galactus. None of them are Mephisto. All gods amongst men but none of them gods on a cosmic scale IMO. Can any of them hear payers from across the galaxy like Thor? Nope.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    In his specific realm of power yes, but what difference does that make? Unmeasurable is not something we can compare so it’s rather academic. They can all destroy a planetary civilisation. Once you can do that what else do we need to measure? None of them are Odin. None of them are Galactus. None of them are Mephisto. All gods amongst men but none of them gods on a cosmic scale IMO. Can any of them hear payers from across the galaxy like Thor? Nope.
    C'mon, bruv. You're gonna wake up the Storm fanboys again.
    "Cable was right!"

It makes no difference lol. I just love to rank things. Franklin did some things during Hickman's F4 run that could open a debate whether he's stronger than Odin, Galactus and Mephisto or not, but I get your point. What's up with the prayers argument tho lol?
    Last edited by Magneto; 08-09-2019 at 11:54 AM.

of all the omegas listed only Ororo is a true goddess. that said you do make a rather good point overall. none of these omegas are true Gods even though they possess God-like abilities.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It makes no difference lol. I just love to rank things.
    Well if this was over in the Comic Book Rumbles board it might make more sense, but when the thread kicked off we were talking about what this new definition means and how individuals qualify. The book doesn’t rank them so it’s not really on topic to argue if Franklin is the most powerful or if Storm is a god.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Well if this was over in the Comic Book Rumbles board it might make more sense, but when the thread kicked off we were talking about what this new definition means and how individuals qualify. The book doesn’t rank them so it’s not really on topic to argue if Franklin is the most powerful or if Storm is a god.
    We're comparing the mutants in question. I don't see any problem with that. I mean, if it's annoying you so much, you can just ask for a mod's opinion.

We're comparing the mutants in question. I don't see any problem with that. I mean if it's annoying you so much, you can just ask for a mod.
    I just don’t see why. I keep popping back in because the thread was interesting earlier and there’s a cyclical argument going on that will never be resolved.

It makes no difference lol. I just love to rank things. Franklin did some things during Hickman's F4 run that could open a debate whether he's stronger than Odin, Galactus and Mephisto or not, but I get your point. What's up with the prayers argument tho lol?
    none of the omegas, with the exception of ororo, are gods. even if they possess God-like abilities they are still not gods nor weld divine powers.