Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

I created a thread on the rumbles forums X-men Omega level showdown you can debate your hearts out in the thread beware the rumbles forum has rules so no plot induced stupidity from characters and the highest consistent showing of feats from comics is what will determine a winner so arguing against that in beligrant way will probably get you banned. fair warning

I wanted to ask a question about the new Omega definition and Storm but I'm lowkey scared of opening the gates of Hell
    Last edited by Veitha; 08-11-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wanted to ask a question about the new Omega definition and Storm but I'm lowkey scared of opening a portal to Hell
    Understandably. But you can only ask.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I created a thread on the rumbles forums X-men Omega level showdown you can debate your hearts out in the thread beware the rumbles forum has rules so no plot induced stupidity from characters and the highest consistent showing of feats from comics is what will determine a winner so arguing against that in beligrant way will probably get you banned. fair warning
    That could get very messy. Ice, hail and girders all over the shop.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I wanted to ask a question about the new Omega definition and Storm but I'm lowkey scared of opening the gates of Hell
    Ask. Believe me, you will get an answer.

You could also ask on her appreciation thread.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Ask away, babe. Storm has been to hell and back. We will make it out together.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Ask. Believe me, you will get an answer.

You could also ask on her appreciation thread.
    Definitely. You’re bound to get multiple answers.

No Storm fan is willing to take my offer? Go visit Killerbee's thread if you're willing to debate.
    Last edited by Magneto; 08-11-2019 at 08:02 AM.

So, it's not a Storm attack or anything, but I just want to understand if I understood correctly.

If I got it right from the whole comparison between Forge and Magneto being the best at their respective powers mutant-wise but Forge not being the best on Earth, shouldn't we take Thor into account when doing the same comparison for Ororo? With weather manipulation opposed to technopaty. It's not really only about Storm, one could also take Sersi against Exodus when it comes to TK.
    It's just that I'm not sure I got it right. Is Omega "not superable" by other means that are not that specific mutant power?

So, it's not a Storm attack or anything, but I just want to understand if I understood correctly.

If I got it right from the whole comparison between Forge and Magneto being the best at their respective powers mutant-wise but Forge not being the best on Earth, shouldn't we take Thor into account when doing the same comparison for Ororo? With weather manipulation opposed to technopaty. It's not really only about Storm, one could also take Sersi against Exodus when it comes to TK.
    It's just that I'm not sure I got it right. Is Omega "not superable" by other means that are not that specific mutant power?
    Thor is more "manifestation" as opposed to Storm manipulating naturally occoring patterns. If he controlled the weather in the same manner Shaman did (using magic to affect natural weather patterns) then it would make more sense
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Storm can control more than just weather. That's probably why Thor isn't cancelling her omega status. As for Exodus, I guess he has stronger TK than Sersi.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    seems like she can then. I love you so much. a great addition fo this forum.

/closethread
    "Rain comes in various forms throughout the solar system – water on Earth, methane/ethane on Titan and sulfuric acid on Venus. But did you know it also rains on the sun? Well, kind of. Huge drops of plasma – electrified gas – can drip from prominences (giant magnetic loops of gas) in the sun’s outer atmosphere, the corona, onto the scorching surface."

Are you saying Storm can manufacture this phenomenon?

I think this cuts to the heart of the definition. Using a human scale both Storm and Thor are transcendent, ie above measurement. It isn’t anything to do with being the best, just that the people on the list are by default better than those not on it.

Functionally immeasurable is always above measurable.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-11-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Thor is more "manifestation" as opposed to Storm manipulating naturally occoring patterns. If he controlled the weather in the same manner Shaman did (using magic to affect natural weather patterns) then it would make more sense
    But Thor's divinity is pretty much magic in the Marvel Universe. It's actually pretty similar to Shaman's.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think this cuts to the heart of the definition. Using a human scale both are transcendent, ie above measurement. It isn’t anything to do with bing the best, just that the people on the list are by default better than those not on it.

Functionally immeasurable is always above measurable.
    So maybe it took human/earthly as a scale of measurement (otherwise if you open the comparison to all the Marvel Universe it gets quite tricky).

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Storm can control more than just weather. That's probably why Thor isn't cancelling her omega status. As for Exodus, I guess he has stronger TK than Sersi.
    but she's an omega based on her ability to manipulate the weather, not any other abilities. Thats why Jean is only an omega for TP. The definition says primary power. It could very well be that both Storm and Thor are evenly matched in that there is no measurable defined limits to their power, similarly to Jean and QQ, therefore Thor wouldnt overrule her status

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but she's an omega based on her ability to manipulate the weather, not any other abilities. Thats why Jean is only an omega for TP. The definition says primary power. It could very well be that both Storm and Thor are evenly matched in that there is no measurable defined limits to their power, similarly to Jean and QQ, therefore Thor wouldnt overrule her status
    True, I went back to page 1 after posting, but I didn't bother to edit.