Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Speaking of Dazzler...
    It would have been nice to see her in the wave 1 and 2 books. She's been a player in nearly all the major (important) X-events since Mutant Massacre so I'm missing her just a tad, here and now.
    I wonder if HiX-Man has any plans for her? Perhaps she'll turn up in the Wave 3 books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Dazzler's problem is that although very powerful, her energy manipulation is extremely specific. As you have already said, there is nothing in she that Vulcan cannot do and better.
    Black Bolt could hurt Vulcan with his voice but not Dazzler

I agree on her not being Omega. But she is better at her thing than Vulcan.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    maybe because she absorbs(transduces) energy vs strict manipulation like Vulcan.. I do wonder what separates Firestar and Dazzler from say Magneto since they both have access to energy on the EM spectrum. Maybe because he has broader access and his access is limitless but then there is still Monica Rambeau and maybe that is why since her powers would trump both Dazzler and Firestar. Just thinking aloud.
    But her power is literally transmutation: project Pegasus proved a long time ago that according to her sound transmutation, there is no level to her powers (btw making her the first on record omega by the old standards)

It doesn't matter what kind of energy she's transmutes because her power is transmutation period. In Wolverine the best there is, Winchill (or whatever the villains name was) gave her synesthesia and her powers still worked but in weird ways- she could only taste what she heard, or feel everything she smelt etc. but when it comes to sound she can expel it as light to no end. Why is she not classified?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Speaking of Dazzler...
    It would have been nice to see her in the wave 1 and 2 books. She's been a player in nearly all the major (important) X-events since Mutant Massacre so I'm missing her just a tad, here and now.
    I wonder if HiX-Man has any plans for her? Perhaps she'll turn up in the Wave 3 books.
    They're too scared to use her. Dazzler's way to cool for these dweebs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    And to think we were all just starting to get along.......
    Even with a delicate and intricate explanation, Fans always devolve into. MY MUTANT IS BETTER THAN YOUR MUTANT, Because OMEGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA! Lol.

Omega level is POTENTIAL!!!!! Not my character can never lose a fight.

Hope was listed as an omega level power manipulator (not mimic) and Hickman finally explained why/how in HoX 5. I liked it

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That Tazirai comment is still funny.

Good use of all 5 mutants today especially Goldballs who isn't Omega.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

The combination of their shared power is the ****. And now they're building a bond as a unit? I would totally read a book about this five. What do they cherish most about the bonds they e built with one another. Has anyone them experience a moment one would consider a god complex? They Hickman explained their specific purpose and they way they interact is nothing short of amazing. Bruh...

So I've had a question since the first issue. Is anyone else surprised that Jean's Omega power is Telepathy? I always thought she was a strong telepath, heck, mutant in general. Just with this new explanation of Omega being only one ability, I thought her TK would have been the one to be Omega level. I know telekinesis was her first power introduced, and later it was discovered her tp was hidden away from her because of it's strength. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised there. *shrug*

Perhaps, I'm just used to seeing all the feats she's pulled off being of telekinetic nature (specially when she's powered by the Phoenix Force). I'm also not that familiar with Exodus, so it was surprising to see him as the Omega level Telekinetic.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    So I've had a question since the first issue. Is anyone else surprised that Jean's Omega power is Telepathy? I always thought she was a strong telepath, heck, mutant in general. Just with this new explanation of Omega being only one ability, I thought her TK would have been the one to be Omega level. I know telekinesis was her first power introduced, and later it was discovered her tp was hidden away from her because of it's strength. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised there. *shrug*

Perhaps, I'm just used to seeing all the feats she's pulled off being of telekinetic nature (specially when she's powered by the Phoenix Force). I'm also not that familiar with Exodus, so it was surprising to see him as the Omega level Telekinetic.
    Not surprised at all since it was her Telepathy was what attracted the Phoenix when both young and adult.

Her TP fuels her TK. Think of it as a battery which houses her raw power. Her TK has its limits but her TP allows her to push past them.

My first exposure to Exodus was fatal attraction and the aftermath....he was able to fight off a huge assembly of x men and avengers...so i knew he was bad ass. I just didn't understand his powerset until MANY years later.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I'm of many minds on this.

Moira said in Uncanny 125 that she and Xavier always knew Jean had this god like potential, but never thought she'd actually reach it. Up to that point Jean's greatest feats as Phoenix had been telekinetic. That implies they knew she had god-like potential with telekinesis.

Later as Dark Phoenix, Jean did show god-like telepathy by elevating Mastermind to cosmic consciousness and by fighting Xavier on infinite planes of (astral) existence during their psi-war.

During the original X-Men years, Jean's telekinesis was constantly growing and getting stronger. However, as soon as she got telepathy, it was quite powerful. Seemed like her telepathy was more powerful than her telekinesis at the time.

Jean's origin story establishes that Jean's powerful telepathy was unlocked when Anne died. Xavier locked her telepathy away because she was too young and it too powerful to control.

Later Jean was said to be a telepath of intricate design and that is what drew the Phoenix force to her.

In Morrison's New X-Men, Jean's extreme telekinetic sensitivity was linked with the manifestation of the Phoenix. Jean was said to have the "ultimate mutation for telekinetic godhood" in Here Comes Tomorrow. She also had total telekinetic control of atoms as White Phoenix of the Crown. Earlier in New X-Men, Jean was telekinetically moving oxygen molecules to make explosions and telekinetically making people's blood clot, and tk sensing the molecular composition of bullets etc.

But she also did powerful telepathy such as housing Xavier's consciousness, splitting it up, and bringing it back together. She also changed Scott's mind from a higher plane of existence, etc.

In the Jean Grey solo, Jean is explicitly stated to be an omega telepath and an omega telekinetic (stated on panel 2 or 3 times at least).

Bendis established that Jean can absorb psychic energy to enhance her telekinesis and can combine her telepathy and telekinesis into a new form of psychic energy. Teen Jean tk punched Galactus and rebuilt her own body from stray DNA. She could also best Xavier, Emma, Xorn-Jean and other powerful telepaths in telepathic duals.

In the movies, Jean seems to be a "level 5 mutant" due to her extreme telekinesis and being able to atomize people and objects.

In X-Men Red, Jean was just described as an omega level telepath and that has carried over to Hickman's HoX where it has been explicitly stated that she is an omega telepath and not omega telekinetic.

In Red, Jean was a very powerful telepath and her tp was more powerful than Cassandra Nova's (whose telepathy rivals Xavier's).
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-19-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Black Bolt could hurt Vulcan with his voice but not Dazzler

I agree on her not being Omega. But she is better at her thing than Vulcan.
    Yeah they did show that Dazzler can reach an upper limit that gets her close to burning out. When she absorbed all of Banshee's scream in that last run of Astonishing she got pretty close to blowing up with power. On the other hand she was trying to store up as much energy as possible to destroy the advanced Sentinels so technically she was holding it in for as long as she could.

I remember when Dazzler first realized she can kill people with her power, that was a long time ago, but I remember that shock she had when she realized her powers could be used in ways that were incredibly deadly.

Goldballs confimed Omega

goldballs.jpg

There is no upper limit on how many balls he can create