Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Not surprised at all since it was her Telepathy was what attracted the Phoenix when both young and adult.
    That is true, I did think about that so that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her TP fuels her TK. Think of it as a battery which houses her raw power. Her TK has its limits but her TP allows her to push past them.
    That's a neat way of looking at it! Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    My first exposure to Exodus was fatal attraction and the aftermath....he was able to fight off a huge assembly of x men and avengers...so i knew he was bad ass. I just didn't understand his powerset until MANY years later.
    He's been used so sparingly in the stories I've read. Honestly I just remember him keeping Kitty trapped in a wall during Messiah Complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I'm of many minds on this.

Moira said in Uncanny 125 that she and Xavier always knew Jean had this god like potential, but never thought she'd actually reach it. Up to that point Jean's greatest feats as Phoenix had been telekinetic. That implies they knew she had god-like potential with telekinesis.

Later as Dark Phoenix, Jean did show god-like telepathy by elevating Mastermind to cosmic consciousness and by fighting Xavier on infinite planes of (astral) existence during their psi-war.

During the original X-Men years, Jean's telekinesis was constantly growing and getting stronger. However, as soon as she got telepathy, it was quite powerful. Seemed like her telepathy was more powerful than her telekinesis at the time.

Jean's origin story establishes that Jean's powerful telepathy was unlocked when Anne died. Xavier locked her telepathy away because she was too young and it too powerful to control.

Later Jean was said to be a telepath of intricate design and that is what drew the Phoenix force to her.

In Morrison's New X-Men, Jean's extreme telekinetic sensitivity was linked with the manifestation of the Phoenix. Jean was said to have the "ultimate mutation for telekinetic godhood" in Here Comes Tomorrow. She also had total telekinetic control of atoms as White Phoenix of the Crown. Earlier in New X-Men, Jean was telekinetically moving oxygen molecules to make explosions and telekinetically making people's blood clot, and tk sensing the molecular composition of bullets etc.

But she also did powerful telepathy such as housing Xavier's consciousness, splitting it up, and bringing it back together. She also changed Scott's mind from a higher plane of existence, etc.

In the Jean Grey solo, Jean is explicitly stated to be an omega telepath and an omega telekinetic (stated on panel 2 or 3 times at least).

Bendis established that Jean can absorb psychic energy to enhance her telekinesis and can combine her telepathy and telekinesis into a new form of psychic energy. Teen Jean tk punched Galactus and rebuilt her own body from stray DNA. She could also best Xavier, Emma, Xorn-Jean and other powerful telepaths in telepathic duals.

In the movies, Jean seems to be a "level 5 mutant" due to her extreme telekinesis and being able to atomize people and objects.

In X-Men Red, Jean was just described as an omega level telepath and that has carried over to Hickman's HoX where it has been explicitly stated that she is an omega telepath and not omega telekinetic.

In Red, Jean was a very powerful telepath and her tp was more powerful than Cassandra Nova's (whose telepathy rivals Xavier's).
    Thank you for this!!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm is omega , agreed with this . But Rogue es omega level yes OR yes . ;☆

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Not to be biased or anything, but is there a reason as to why Hope is classified as omega in power manipulation and not Rogue if we're going by the definition given? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Hope's powers limited to only mutants? The only advantage she had over Rogue previously was that her powers do not necessitate physical contact. But with Rogue's current power set, she has control over her powers and can now absorb without touching and more importantly, absorbing all types of powers, from mutants, gods, powers-as-a-result-of-radiation, aliens and even dragons. Also while Hope's copied powers are temporary, Rogue's can be permanent if she wanted it to be. So idk...

Hickman need to read this .

Rogue is omega level mutant . And if you dont see this . Well you have work lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Hickman need to read this .

Rogue is omega level mutant . And if you dont see this . Well you have work lol
    I think we saw the difference in HoX 5 (and it was explicitly stated in HoX 1 too). Hope's not just mimicking or absorbing powers like Rogue, Sync or Mimic, she's a power manipulator. She can synch mutant powers together, enhance them etc. Copying powers is just a part of her mutation. She could probably also negate powers like Leech in the future, it's a lot more wide than absorbing.

You ser xmlegacy? ?????? In control she have raje power and te other people are safe .

Rogue have take 100 powers OR billions .

And no rogue >>>>> hope

Hope only copy mutants ando her have problems with multiples powers. Rogue is Amazin in this.

You ser xmlegacy? ?????? In control she have raje power and te other people are safe .

Rogue have take 100 powers OR billions .

And no rogue >>>>> hope

Hope only copy mutants ando her have problems with multiples powers. Rogue is Amazin in this.
    Yeah, I've read X-Men Legacy and most Rogue stuff, but her powers are different. She absorbs powers and psyches, while Hope is a power manipulator. It's a bit wider as a power and that's why she's Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think we saw the difference in HoX 5 (and it was explicitly stated in HoX 1 too). Hope's not just mimicking or absorbing powers like Rogue, Sync or Mimic, she's a power manipulator. She can synch mutant powers together, enhance them etc. Copying powers is just a part of her mutation. She could probably also negate powers like Leech in the future, it's a lot more wide than absorbing.

LOL DO You really want to have this discussion? ??? Rogue does not just imitate powers. She literally clones the DNA of the powers she absorbs.

the power manipulation rogue has been doing for decades even without control of his powers

Hope is limited. Rogue is not, Rogue is always exceeding its limits. and she can do many things not just an imitates powers, which in that is also better than Hope.

Hope is limited to mutants. Rogue is bio compatible with any power firm including demon gods and people with cosmic powers.

In Avengers I take the power of all the avergers. and many xmen. he turned all that power into strength; There you have a perfect example of power manipulation. by the way she took hundreds of powers there and drained by completing several omega mutants in school that could not do anything vs the celestial

Pray many times improves the powers it takes .. many.

and technically it can take billions of skills.

If you know about rogue's powers, you know that she not only takes power but also does many more things ... for example, she takes vital energy. and much more. and have better mental scans than the best telepats.

in fact rogue enters the omega category, not only for one category, she could enter for more than one. Someone overcome it is stupid. There is more than one mutant with the same classification. and as I said Rogue surpasses Hope really in power and reach.

ROGUE IS OMEGA LEVEL YES OR YES

LOL DO You really want to have this discussion? ??? Rogue does not just imitate powers. She literally clones the DNA of the powers she absorbs.

the power manipulation rogue has been doing for decades even without control of his powers

Hope is limited. Rogue is not, Rogue is always exceeding its limits. and she can do many things not just an imitates powers, which in that is also better than Hope.

Hope is limited to mutants. Rogue is bio compatible with any power firm including demon gods and people with cosmic powers.

In Avengers I take the power of all the avergers. and many xmen. he turned all that power into strength; There you have a perfect example of power manipulation. by the way she took hundreds of powers there and drained by completing several omega mutants in school that could not do anything vs the celestial

Pray many times improves the powers it takes .. many.

and technically it can take billions of skills.

If you know about rogue's powers, you know that she not only takes power but also does many more things ... for example, she takes vital energy. and much more. and have better mental scans than the best telepats.

in fact rogue enters the omega category, not only for one category, she could enter for more than one. Someone overcome it is stupid. There is more than one mutant with the same classification. and as I said Rogue surpasses Hope really in power and reach.

ROGUE IS OMEGA LEVEL YES OR YES
    I - - okay hahaha I don't think we'll agree on that. She's still a power absorber, while Hope is a power manipulator. It would be like comparing Havok to Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Agreed. Maybe we can extend it as "Omega" mutants are those whose power levels cannot be fully measured? For a super-simplified example, "most telepaths can control at most 10 minds at the same time but Jean/Quentin's limits are higher but not quantified?". Also, are there "potential Omega mutants" ?

For this Rogué is omega . Remember 1) to the absorption all héroes avengers and x-men ( many omegas too ) vs the celestial. Ando 2) rogue absorbed 8 billions to persons vs hecatomb

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I - - okay hahaha I don't think we'll agree on that. She's still a power absorber, while Hope is a power manipulator. It would be like comparing Havok to Vulcan.
    Anna with the powers absorbs it improves and even manipulates to change it .. see what he did vs the heavenly. Although they look similar. Rogue is more complete and has more variants. and in the aspects that if it shares with Hope then Rogue has proven to be superior.

so she as an energy manipulator enters the category.

or else it enters as an unlimited energy accumulator ... because it has proven it.

or be bioadaptable in terms of power. something that Hope is only tied to mutant powers.

the question is Rogue is more powerful than hope for evidence.

and by categories Rogue enters. yes or yes in the omega classification. It is the best controlling powers and storing energy, be vital ... psyches or physical abilities. and I am talking about that it has proven to contain billions and with this it is obvious in the category of its power be larama. who want to give it must include it in the omega.

I guess another writer will. because seeing this Hickman has no idea of ​​ the powers of Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She does have control now and it still drains other. Rogue is extremely powerful but i think the main problem with her power is she is a vampire in the sense that she has to drain someone to able to take their powers and we have also seen their are some mutants or gods rogue's power doesn't work on. Also her taking a power doesn't automatically equal having control over it, like when Storm let her touch her and then she lost control of the storm she was playing with. Not to mention if Rogue bleeds someone dry there isn't any certainty she would be the personality in control. In the recent captain marvel Rogue drained Captain Marvel and she took control of Rogue's body so they could fight. Now, what happens if Rogue absorbs enough of a telepath's personality that they are in her brain too? They should be able to easily take over in a mental battle and lock Rogue's persona away, thus taking control of her body and powers.
    Do you know that in Cap Marvel that was part of the plan? rogue left control to carol. That said it was humiliated by rogue in two numbers of Carol's own book.

Do you know that beg with control has no real problems with psyches, no? She was selective with what she took. She could take ALL OF POWERSET from someone without taking her psyche. so I could drain them and leave them aware but without power because she can do that at her high levels of control.

in fact when she had no control she often absorbed telepats ... and had no personality problems. but like, I said if there is doubt with control she decides what she takes and what not.........

Well, Rogue has absorbed storm many times and left it alone or drained all its power. It doesn't work with gods? ROGue has been tired of leaving k.o to thor on several occasions, in fact she debuted by defeating thor, and repeated this several times later. As we know he is more powerful than gold and he is a real god, not a semi god or whatever gold. Rogue also absorbed geniss vell who has sentry level codmic powers. And all these cases that I mention to you are rogue with their blocked powers, that is to say without control.

With their powers under control they are barely developing and evolving, and already in their initial stage they were enormous. PRAY several times he has defeated avengers squadrons complete ... that included thor or a hulk this kind of thing we know. They have not done it or they could not do it even storm iceman. Jean . And we know

But adding. If they mention without limit of their main power not defined. I have two irrefutable cases.

1) she absorbed all the powers of all the avengers and xmen of the earth because they could not do anything vs the heavenly one ... and yes, in those that she absorbed there were many omega levels ..iceman storm and teen jean. And there were literally hundreds and hundreds of powers. And not only that, she transformed all those powers into super strength.

2) rogue absorbed 8 billion entities that were souls and vital energy. We are talking about 8 billion beings that it contained, that is, it does not have an established limit and this fact obscures almost everyone on this somewhat biased list. If that were powers we would talk about 8 billion powers.

Not to mention that rogue can permanently have the power of any other omega and continue to collect powers. With that it is more than proof. But just taking powers your powers are much more diverse than that. Taking. Physical abilities thoughts and vital energy are all separate powers as we know when she has control. And we saw if it could take 8 billion and that its power is development. It is obvious that this envelope is qualified for the list.

If you are going to take out when she has problems ... it is something for the sake of the script not that it is limited ... because I can argue until tomorrow when storm has been prevented or with problems with its powers .. the same as the telepats. And several omega that if they have clear limitations magneto example and has already been mentioned.

.but in roguesi facts or if the omega classification enters. His power has not shown a limit and is just in development.

Simply hickman knows absolutely nothing about the character.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-21-2019 at 12:05 PM.

I always thought of Jean Grey as Omega in both TK and TP. I was surprised at this new reveal of just TP.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It's funny how Slott tries to convince us that Franklin has a limited power supply that is running out and Waid and Hickman are like "lol, no."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always thought of Jean Grey as Omega in both TK and TP. I was surprised at this new reveal of just TP.
    It's definitely a downgrade