Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It's been the way I always looked at Jean. Also, when first stated Jean was an Omega Level Mutant, it did not specify which power, instead including both.

How do we know Jean's TP boosts her TK? I have seen that stated a few times on here, but where did that come from?
    It's something Teen Jean learned how to do

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It's been the way I always looked at Jean. Also, when first stated Jean was an Omega Level Mutant, it did not specify which power, instead including both.

How do we know Jean's TP boosts her TK? I have seen that stated a few times on here, but where did that come from?
    Generations: Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    It's something Teen Jean learned how to do

Only thing I didn't like about this was that she didn't beat him more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well said. I was to going respond but you beat me to it. I think Jean has some good non-PF demonstrations of her TK that I would personally include her in both the TP and TK categories. But I don’t know enough of Exodus’s history outside of Bloodties, Messiah Complex and some Legacy appearances to know if his TK is stronger than Jean’s.

And while I like Polaris and recognize that she is extremely powerful I don’t think she is more powerful or as skilled as Magneto (and not as powerful as most of the omega mutants on the list). And I don’t think she is more powerful than Storm (or in top 3 of the most powerful X-Women. Probably top 5-7. I wouldn’t mind seeing Rogue in place of Hope but that’s me liking her a lot lol. What you mentioned about Hope’s power to use abilities to their fullest extent is a strong/very compelling reason of why her power set is a better choice.
    I completely Forgot about Jean Pink Form. So, yeah I can agree. As for Polaris it sucks because as powerful as she is they will always put Magneto above her. She’s like stuck in her Fathers shadow. So, hopefully DoX does something great. Yeah, I wouldn’t mind seeing Rogue being an Omega given the feats she’s has done with power absorption. But Hope seems to have that power down pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah Weather Manipulation makes it seem like she can only control weather patterns and such (which would be in contrast to her using her power as full blown hydrokinesis in HoX itself). Maybe he sees her direct climate control as her strongest power (like direct weather manipulation, so it wouldn't even include her making lightning from her body or the water controlling feat I guess). Putting her in the energy manipulator category would clash with Vulcan. And I still don't get how you can duplicate powers btw do Quentin and Jean tie?
    Yeah, Hickmans classification for Storm is a head scratcher. But I think he placed that because controlling the weather comes with a lot of other things that she would have dominion over like the water manipulation and temperature etc.

I Fully don’t understand his reason in having two Omega Telepaths if he’s telling me that there can be only 1 in that domain of power. I don’t get it. If that’s the case Emma and Rachel should be right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    know that strom is very powerful and its powers are unique. I only say within the women of the team there are more powerful and dangerous dangers due to the nature and diversity of their powers. storm. It is powerful but Rogue Jean Gray Polaris even psylocke are in a high esvalonnmas.

I say it goes wrong against super strong because it is the truth. She has only been lucky that no super strong has really wanted to kill her something that they could do very easily at a stroke. storm.does not harm a super strong if it is invulnerable.

and storm has gone badly against. Hulk Wonder Man thor (many times) rogue (ms ms more now with wm powers) namor, juggwrnauth and many others. I remember that against Jugg there was storm and Rachel and Iceman and they were all useless and only K colosus could do anything about it.

storm.es.powerfull and very useful. but against super strong good level is so seriously disadvantaged.
    Your first paragraph doesn’t make sense. And if your saying what I think your trying to say, but in a poor way. I’m confident in telling you that your 100% wrong here.

But it’s not the truth. How can she have been lucky when majority of them couldn’t get to her due to her own powers. I mean I could say the same for the ladies you mentioned. Many of them could easily be killed if it wasn’t for the nature of their own powers. The same here applies for Storm. So, I have to say your wrong in that regard.

Your statement is very Vague. And that depends on who she is fighting. Useless? Is this your first time reading the X-Men? Lol Storm isn’t useless Not in the slightest. I can say a Super Strong person who is very resistant to Telepathy or can counter it would make Jean and Emma and Rachel useless. Heck Rogue would be useless fighting someone who is far more stronger than her. So, it depends who is the super strong person is. But Storm being useless? That’s not truthful at all.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-22-2019 at 06:38 PM.

BANNED

Is true Storm is no omega for climatic manipulation. Is omega only for weather manipulation
    Storm is an Omega she has no upper limits to her powers. This has been stated many times through out her history. Lol Hickman may not have been that clear, but given Storms feats it’s impossible not to call her one.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I Fully don’t understand his reason in having two Omega Telepaths if he’s telling me that there can be only 1 in that domain of power. I don’t get it. If that’s the case Emma and Rachel should be right up there.
    The Omega description doesn't say that...the example with Forge just means that his limits have been surpassed(but even if they haven't been, it should have said that his limits have been measured/observed)

The baseline definition is an upper limit that has not been measurably observed...both Jean and Quentin can fit that description despite having the same power (telepathy).

The description and examples given could have been better stated though. I prefer the original description of "unlimited potential" as it stands alone and doesn't invite comparisons, which can be confusing.

BANNED

He really didn't fix the term or make it more useful, quite the opposite. Should have just left the definition alone and presented the list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    The Omega description doesn't say that...the example with Forge just means that his limits have been surpassed(but even if they haven't been, it should have said that his limits have been measured/observed)

The baseline definition is an upper limit that has not been measurably observed...both Jean and Quentin can fit that description despite having the same power (telepathy).

The description and examples given could have been better stated though. I prefer the original description of "unlimited potential" as it stands alone and doesn't invite comparisons, which can be confusing.
    Eh, I’ll leave that alone...

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Generations: Phoenix.

I completely Forgot about Jean Pink Form. So, yeah I can agree. As for Polaris it sucks because as powerful as she is they will always put Magneto above her. She’s like stuck in her Fathers shadow. So, hopefully DoX does something great. Yeah, I wouldn’t mind seeing Rogue being an Omega given the feats she’s has done with power absorption. But Hope seems to have that power down pact.

Yeah, Hickmans classification for Storm is a head scratcher. But I think he placed that because controlling the weather comes with a lot of other things that she would have dominion over like the water manipulation and temperature etc.

Your first paragraph doesn’t make sense. And if your saying what I think your trying to say, but in a poor way. I’m confident in telling you that your 100% wrong here.

But it’s not the truth. How can she have been lucky when majority of them couldn’t get to her due to her own powers. I mean I could say the same for the ladies you mentioned. Many of them could easily be killed if it wasn’t for the nature of their own powers. The same here applies for Storm. So, I have to say your wrong in that regard.

Your statement is very Vague. And that depends on who she is fighting. Useless? Is this your first time reading the X-Men? Lol Storm isn’t useless Not in the slightest. I can say a Super Strong person who is very resistant to Telepathy or can counter it would make Jean and Emma and Rachel useless. Heck Rogue would be useless fighting someone who is far more stronger than her. So, it depends who is the super strong person is. But Storm being useless? That’s not truthful at all.
    No. Storm never does well vs super strong. Against Jugg Hulk and others has always gone wrong. can't hurt them and almost always she ends k.o

she is very useful but against super strong she is doing badly .. she has faced thor also ends up defeated and k.o and not dead because she has had mercy and she knows how jines a villain.

with rogue when it was bad .. anna was literally laughing at her and her attacks that stopped them with their hands while laughing. and so I was just playing with them the storm solution was to get her out with a tornado to flee from there because I knew I couldn't with her. He literally had to run away before he came back.

with jugg .. I have to remember what happened the last storm that faced it ???

in the phoenix saga .. neither the defeat unnsuoee strong but uzar that is not the big deal a merry bald guy with a whip. Whip of a super strong good level is nothing.

She is great, but she is not very strong, or she has seen little use.

by the way she is omega for hickman not for all her powers but for water management .... not the complete climate

and no, hope does not hinder that rogue can be named omega because his powers work very differently. and those of rogue cover many more things.

and in what they share that it is duplication of powers rogue has done more and with greater quantity, and without wearing out.

Now in what encompasses the new concept. she also takes vital energy and psyches .. and she literally took 8 billion .. so she has not shown limit in her main power. So she goes on this list.

The truth is that she has demonstrated a higher level of power with her absorption than almost all the members of this list and there are two specific facts that are irrefutable. 5 if I count all the times she has defeated avengers squads alone. but what he did vs the heavenly one. and the 8 billion entities set the bar too high.

BANNED

No. Storm never does well vs super strong. Against Jugg Hulk and others has always gone wrong. can't hurt them and almost always she ends k.o

she is very useful but against super strong she is doing badly .. she has faced thor also ends up defeated and k.o and not dead because she has had mercy and she knows how jines a villain.

with rogue when it was bad .. anna was literally laughing at her and her attacks that stopped them with their hands while laughing. and so I was just playing with them the storm solution was to get her out with a tornado to flee from there because I knew I couldn't with her. He literally had to run away before he came back.

in the phoenix saga .. neither the defeat unnsuoee strong but uzar that is not the big deal a merry bald guy with a whip. Whip of a super strong good level is nothing.

by the way she is omega for hickman not for all her powers but for water management .... not the complete climate
    I would advise you to go back and read those issues again. Storm did very well against the Hulk. Savage AND Grey Hulk. She was able to harm him and was able to keep him away from her and her partner. With that alone tells me your incorrect. Storm has never fought the Juggernaut. And if your referring to their Encounter in the Classic Run you can’t possibly call that a fight when Storm was dealing with Claustrophobia. However, Storm has done well against other heavy hitters. Not sure where you get that from.

As I said before it depend on who she is fighting. Her fight with Thor ended in a physical attack which is bad writing considering Thor is by far physically stronger than Storm. But their Second fight Storm did a bit better she beamed an EMP to Clone Thor’s Brain. However, as explained above Storm does well against Strong People. She did well against Dracula the same Dracula who went to toe with Thor. She blasted Arkon a warrior who also fought Thor. She’s proven herself very well against strong people. So, Your statement better yet your assessment is incorrect.

No Sir, you have that all wrong.
    In Uncanny X-Men #158:
    Rogue was beating the snot out of Wolverine to the point Storm stepped in and harmed her with Lightning. Then Storm knocked her away with a Blizzard. Towards the end of the Issue Storm put Rogue in a Tornado taking away from the fight because Storm didn’t want any citizens getting hurt. Storm was not helpless. Please Go back and read that.

I’ve already explained to you what happened with Her and Juggernaut. If that’s your point of saying she doesn’t do well with Strong People using that example. I would consider re-thinking your argument. Because, you can’t possibly believe someone who is having a Mental meltdown is fit for Battle. You can’t.

You do realize ALL the X-Men got their ass kicked when they fought the Shi’ar Royal Guard right???? And everyone was still fairly new in being Heroes and fighting together. So, I don’t understand why are you using that as Examples??? For Storm being Useless.
    And really I don’t see how she was useless when she got blindsided. Are you saying being Blindsided in Battle makes you Useless?? If that’s the case shiiit every hero is Useless. Lol who hasn’t gotten Blindsided by an attack.

Now, to your last two points I’m just going to assume you probably don’t read that much X-Men. And I’m no longer taking you serious. Earlier you said she is very powerful. Now your saying she is not that Strong and your using terrible examples for your arguments. So, I think your trolling. And I don’t think you know what your talking about. Which I’ve should have know since nobody is really responding to any of your comments. Anyone here who actually reads the X-Men would agree with me.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-22-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Lol I can’t tell if you are really failing at trolling or simply really pressed about Rogue not being named an omega. You keep mentioning super bricks as if its some sort of factor to being an omega or sign of power lol. And then bring up the Hulk or Juggz as if Psylocke, Rogue and Polaris would take either of them in a fight. Even with their defenses they would lose just like Storm would if they got a hold of them. There are multiple super bricks that need air to breath, have fluid in their body, have brains in their skull, can’t live if they got tossed into space, or drowned (besides her lightning has effectively hurt several of them), so I think Storm will be OK . No need undermine her capabilities to rationalize your frustrations about Rogue not being named omega. I’d he happy for Rogue if she was named an omega but also ok with her not being one. Doesn’t take way from her character.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I would advise you to go back and read those issues again. Storm did very well against the Hulk. Savage AND Grey Hulk. She was able to harm him and was able to keep him away from her and her partner. With that alone tells me your incorrect. Storm has never fought the Juggernaut. And if your referring to their Encounter in the Classic Run you can’t possibly call that a fight when Storm was dealing with Claustrophobia. However, Storm has done well against other heavy hitters. Not sure where you get that from.

As I said before it depend on who she is fighting. Her fight with Thor ended in a physical attack which is bad writing considering Thor is by far physically stronger than Storm. But their Second fight Storm did a bit better she beamed an EMP to Clone Thor’s Brain. However, as explained above Storm does well against Strong People. She did well against Dracula the same Dracula who went to toe with Thor. She blasted Arkon a warrior who also fought Thor. She’s proven herself very well against strong people. So, Your statement better yet your assessment is incorrect.

No Sir, you have that all wrong.
    In Uncanny X-Men #158:
    Rogue was beating the snot out of Wolverine to the point Storm stepped in and harmed her with Lightning. Then Storm knocked her away with a Blizzard. Towards the end of the Issue Storm put Rogue in a Tornado taking away from the fight because Storm didn’t want any citizens getting hurt. Storm was not helpless. Please Go back and read that.

I’ve already explained to you what happened with Her and Juggernaut. If that’s your point of saying she doesn’t do well with Strong People using that example. I would consider re-thinking your argument. Because, you can’t possibly believe someone who is having a Mental meltdown is fit for Battle. You can’t.

You do realize ALL the X-Men got their ass kicked when they fought the Shi’ar Royal Guard right???? And everyone was still fairly new in being Heroes and fighting together. So, I don’t understand why are you using that as Examples??? For Storm being Useless.
    And really I don’t see how she was useless when she got blindsided. Are you saying being Blindsided in Battle makes you Useless?? If that’s the case shiiit every hero is Useless. Lol who hasn’t gotten Blindsided by an attack.

Now, to your last two points I’m just going to assume you probably don’t read that much X-Men. And I’m no longer taking you serious. Earlier you said she is very powerful. Now your saying she is not that Strong and your using terrible examples for your arguments. So, I think your trolling. And I don’t think you know what your talking about. Which I’ve should have know since nobody is really responding to any of your comments. Anyone here who actually reads the X-Men would agree with me.
    storm fought juggernaut back before the Phoenix stuff when he reflected her lightning back at her. he made short work of the entire team that encounter. but to your point she was gripped with fear so I wouldnt necessarily call it a fair fight.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Won’t join in this very pointless bait debate (my indirect way of telling Storm fans to ignore it) but, since when is control over water, especially from an omega mutant, a weak/not useful ability?