Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    There's something fishy about referring to Storm as "him" and "it" while trying to uplift a white woman y'all.. but imma hush
    I think that person is just having a mental stumble. I wouldn't look at it as being that deep and subliminal, but you never know...

All-New Member

Storm fans must learn to respect the opinions of others, they make everything a vs Storm, I think it is no sin not to consider Storm very powerful, in fact I do not think so, nor do I like his personality Storm alone She is on the list because she does not have many people to compete in her specific category, but I believe she is the weakest on this list, and as mentioned outside this list there are many more powerful characters than her, and yes, I think Rogue is one of them and Megan too.

With Rogue I really care little if she is on this list, she also easily enters the top 5 of the most powerful mutants, and there are dozens of comics that support this for everything she can achieve, and I think she will eventually some writer will add it to her that list, if there is a common denominator, it is that all writers who take Rogue realize the unlimited potential of Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympusgod View Post
    Now you are trolling you and not Sylar, if there is something clear in his statement is that her powers do not have a limit on what she could take, and I mean Rogue, regarding Hope I have several isues where if it has been shown very limited and Rogue has been superior. Finally, Rogue can do what Hope does and much more. and stop trolling the negative effects of Rogue's powers are zero when in control.

Don't make me list the performances where Storm has made a fool of himself because there are so many. and I am not afraid to say it, I specifically do not like Storm or his personality, nor does it really seem too powerful.
    Lol this post ....ok dude. Keep telling yourself that. I think your 1st mistake is thinking we care enough about your ignorant posts to convince you of how off you are. Let me put you at ease....we don’t. You can waste your time trying to lowball Storm and...it’ll change nothing. She will still be an omega, you will stay deliciously pressed and I will move on to more interesting topics than slaying you.

Secondly, I am not the troll. That was Sylar (probably your alt account). And as much as you seem upset about Hope being named omega I have yet to see Rogue amplify powers to their fullest extent like she does, so no she can’t do everything Hope can. At the end of day I actually love Rogue (3rd -4th fave X-character).

Quote Originally Posted by Olympusgod View Post
    With Rogue I really care little if she is on this list, she also easily enters the top 5 of the most powerful mutants, and there are dozens of comics that support this for everything she can achieve, and I think she will eventually some writer will add it to her that list, if there is a common denominator, it is that all writers who take Rogue realize the unlimited potential of Rogue.
    You don't care but yet you keep insisting that she be on the list. Which is caring. Why does Rogue need to be Omega? Nothing changes for the character if she is omega,She can do the same thing with or without the label. The strength of rogue isn't even that she is a raw power character. The strength of Rogue is that she is in a category of character that can mix and match powers with Mimic and Synch. Rogue can take Bishop and Sebastian Shaw's power and mix them together which creates something crazy. Creativity is the strength of Rogue. A good writer would never make Rogue "Omega" level.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Storm vs Storm
    This thread's going to explode lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    There's something fishy about referring to Storm as "him" and "it" while trying to uplift a white woman y'all.. but imma hush
    You better say that. The poster is seriously not opposed to demeaning black women. Not only is it in here belittling her feats of power while ignoring the career and reputation she's built. Now this thing is purposely attacking her femininity. I would say I'm surprised, but that one isnt the first to attack her character, dismiss her really powerful showings and do it all to uplift a white woman in the name of feminism. Not only is it classic American history in practice to watch and participate the destruction of the black female form. The really sad part you have black men in this very thread that go along with demeaning this fictional black woman. It would be funny if it wasn't so very, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol this post ....ok dude. Keep telling yourself that. I think your 1st mistake is thinking we care enough about your ignorant posts to convince you of how off you are. Let me put you at ease....we don’t. You can waste your time trying to lowball Storm and...it’ll change nothing. She will still be an omega, you will stay deliciously pressed and I will move on to more interesting topics than slaying you.

Secondly, I am not the troll. That was Sylar (probably your alt account). And as much as you seem upset about Hope being named omega I have yet to see Rogue amplify powers to their fullest extent like she does, so no she can’t do everything Hope can. At the end of day I actually love Rogue (3rd -4th fave X-character).
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You don't care but yet you keep insisting that she be on the list. Which is caring. Why does Rogue need to be Omega? Nothing changes for the character if she is omega,She can do the same thing with or without the label. The strength of rogue isn't even that she is a raw power character. The strength of Rogue is that she is in a category of character that can mix and match powers with Mimic and Synch. Rogue can take Bishop and Sebastian Shaw's power and mix them together which creates something crazy. Creativity is the strength of Rogue. A good writer would never make Rogue "Omega" level.
    Thank you. I'm like why are they wasting their energy?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I think that person is just having a mental stumble. I wouldn't look at it as being that deep and subliminal, but you never know...
    Nah there's definitely some racism and hate for black women in there. It sounds like those people who talk about Serena Williams.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Does it seem like every few years Marvel changes the definition of Omega and who gets to belong?

It can make it difficult for fans of characters that are not included. And characters who are included can likewise have negativity thrown their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does it seem like every few years Marvel changes the definition of Omega and who gets to belong?
    Not really. Omega mutant has never really been clearly defined as it was here. Often times a mutant is called omega level but without any exposition to explain why thats the case or what it even really means. We as fans gather its someone who's extremely powerful but thats also been muddled with limitless potential, able to transcend the physical plane, etc.... Hickman streamlined and set actual rules in a way thats never been done before

Certain writers just abused the term...making it synonymous with uber powerful, and ignoring that it's about potential. Jean and Bobby were first called Omega level mutants in X-Men Forever when they were in their early teens. They were not galaxy level threats obviously.

Worst, the writers who couldn't resist one-upping with the moronic "beyond omega level" trend, like Matthew Malloy. Because beyond unlimited makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Certain writers just abused the term...making it synonymous with uber powerful, and ignoring that it's about potential. Jean and Bobby were first called Omega level mutants in X-Men Forever when they were in their early teens. They were not galaxy level threats obviously.

Worst, the writers who couldn't resist one-upping with the moronic "beyond omega level" trend, like Matthew Malloy. Because beyond unlimited makes sense...
    Matthew Malloy ugh....

What a mistake. I don't even like Eva Bell like at all, but I'm glad she did at least one thing good...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Nah there's definitely some racism and hate for black women in there. It sounds like those people who talk about Serena Williams.
    Hello? Oh, okay...

Mighty Member

I do appreciate the fact that not every power is able to be Omega level which doesn't devalue them just puts them in perspective. A scalp is not a sledgehammer but it still can do lots of damage. Hickman is moving to operationalize mutations which I am here for. I do hope if Monet gets a singular mutation its one that pulls all her abilities together. Also, I hope we get some scenes with Hope, Synch, Mimic and Rogue to show how their powers are similar yet different. And where is Triage... I a low key worried about him and what are they gonna do with Prodigy...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I do appreciate the fact that not every power is able to be Omega level which doesn't devalue them just puts them in perspective. A scalp is not a sledgehammer but it still can do lots of damage. Hickman is moving to operationalize mutations which I am here for. I do hope if Monet gets a singular mutation its one that pulls all her abilities together. Also, I hope we get some scenes with Hope, Synch, Mimic and Rogue to show how their powers are similar yet different. And where is Triage... I a low key worried about him and what are they gonna do with Prodigy...
    I agree here and it allows to a degree for these mutants not to be overpowered
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!