Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I appreciate Hickman finally defining what it means to be an omega mutant. Everything before was just speculative and not defined. As others have stated whatever your previous knowledge or understanding was of omega level mutants wasnt accurate and it would be best to accept the definition as described.

Also, to the Jean thing I think it goes to say she is a strong tk however she has limits to what she can do. not sure what's inherently wrong with that.

also, for years storm fans have said she is omega it's nice to see those who said we were wrong were incorrect.
    I think its bc historically it doesnt seem right. Most of her most powerful and impressive feats are with TK, not TP. TK is the power she's had the longest and has had the most experience with. Flying through hyperspace, rearranging molecules, performing surgery in Storm's brain to remove a nannite, etc....thats all TK. Meanwhile with her TP, they always find away to make her ineffective by making her threats TP resistant. If Hickman is going to redefine her power classification then he better showcase why she is an omega level telepath. Her TP not working on people isnt going to fly any more

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I don't know--I thought it was all pretty clear and well-reasoned.

We can extrapolate time-, reality-, and dimensionally-displaced mutants, and clones, are not part of the equation.

I'm glad it will put the ceaseless "debates" about who is and isn't "omega" to rest.
    Pretty much this.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I haven't read HoX but I wonder… why do you take this Omega stuff so seriously?
    It's not Dragon Ball Z and his arms race. I hope that the plots are subtler than just a matter of raw power

The "super-powerful" mutants are either "Deus ex machina" or cosmic threats… Or both (like Phoenix). All of that has already been done.
    Bragging rights.
    Complaining fetish.
    "Cable was right!"

I always thought Jeans telekinesis was her strong point over telethapy so that surprised me...
    Nvrmnd I get it Exodus is just the better TK
    Last edited by BishopsJuice91; 07-24-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    So Jean can telekinetically recreate her body from stray dna, tk punch galactus, move a nano-sentinel through a brain, said to have the ultimate mutation for telekinetic godhood, but isn’t an omega level telekinetic? Ok.

Rachel has read every mind on the planet, astral projected across the galaxy, tk herself into a dinosaur, and telekinetically created a singularity, but isn’t omega? Sure.
    Agreed! Also, its not like her Tk and Telepath can not be linked through her Pink form.... Its stupid when Red recomfirmed Jean as an Omega Level Telekinetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I feel the same way but jean’s Top power can still be tk without tk being her omega level power.

According to this list exodus is a more powerful telekinetic. That doesn’t mean tk isn’t her top power though.
    Jean is treated as an Omega Level Telekinitic a lot nowadays. Teen Jean could do many great things with Telekinisis. Pink Form is Telekinisis and Telepathy combined to do amazing feats. Also, as Phoenix Jean can use telekinis on a Universal scale as said by guidebooks over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I prefer a definition about destructiveness, for example, omega level mutants would be the ones that can destroy earth, or destroy life on earth, unaided, without any enhancement. Maximum level threats.
    That would include reality manipulators like Legion when he orginally created the AoA reality, or Iceman who can freeze the whole planet ending life on earth, or Xorn who can destroy earth with a black hole in less than 2 minutes.
    I again will say that destroying the Planet is not well a great feat anymore since many can do it. Frankilin can alter/destroy the Universe for example, Vulcan can destroy stars etc Hickman's explanation doesn't necessarily collide with the destructiveness since having infinte potential in some powers means having potenial in great destruction.

Not quite sure I'd buy Exodus at the top tier TK but whateves
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Right now Omega mutants are acting as WMD for Xavier. The more he has the more threat of power he has that my interpretation. The thing missing from the list I put up from the comic was the alliances and every Omega alive except Exodus(no allegiance) and Franklin(human) are with Xavier. Mr. M, Legion and Jamie Braddock are missing.
    Well. There are other, deeper, more interesting implications, such as: How an omega mutant affects things on a(n at least) global scale, but using their powers in ways big and small, and even by virtue of existing. If you take a large energy source out of the equation, things change. If you take an energy manipulator--someone who can manipulate weather or magnetic fields, for example--out of the equation, things change.

Nature adapts, but also abhors a vacuum.

There's a theory or principle or something named after a guy that addresses this. Can't remember. The Jarmbulford Hypothesis? No, that can't be right. Anyway, I expect Hickman will explore this further than "omega mutants are insurance against the rest of the world."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I haven't read HoX but I wonder… why do you take this Omega stuff so seriously?
    It's not Dragon Ball Z and his arms race. I hope that the plots are subtler than just a matter of raw power

The "super-powerful" mutants are either "Deus ex machina" or cosmic threats… Or both (like Phoenix). All of that has already been done.
    Some posters are invested in feats and power level status and think that it somehow makes their favourites better characters and and are of more importance if they are Omega. The rest of us don't care.

BANNED

Theory after reading HoX #1:

Xavier uses mutants to feed Krakoa energy in exchange for its help furthering his agenda. New classification and emphasis on omegas is because they're an endless source of energy for Krakoa.

Oh, also, 1st post. Cheers.

Spectacular Member

Well, I think Hickman's plan to redefine Omega mutants failed. It's BS! That's all.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Well, I think Hickman's plan to redefine Omega mutants failed. It's BS! That's all.
    Why is it "bullshit"?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is it "bullshit"?
    Because his fave is no longet classified as an Omega duh.

Only thing I do not like is Telepathy for Jean. I would have prefered Telekinesis because that's what got really strong during Morisson's run, when she became the power House she is with all the molecular stuff and the Phoenix returned.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is it "bullshit"?
    It didn't resolve anything. It's just rephrasing unlimited potential at best.

BANNED

I think it’s a great idea. We have a better, clearer understanding of what an omega level mutant is. Now we’re waiting to see what specific purpose they serve is Xavier’s plans moving forward.