View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Does no one find that mental cure pill at all creepy? What if it rewrites peoples minds, how they think and feel.
    I’d be more concerned with its implications on neurodiversity.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

So I read it again, and while I loved it just as much as the first time, I think I was a little more "nit-picky"...

The Krakoa flower drug that extends human life by 5 years is so random yet specific. Assuming this is probably meant for anyone on their death beds due to age, cancer, etc.

I know the details will probably be revealed in later issues, but I need to know now

Also, per the director's cut, it looks like we will be seeing more of the 6 ambassadors who visited the Jerusalem habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

How, when, where is this in time? Is it set in the past?

Who are surprise appearances or long awaited comeback?
    For setting, this isn't explicitly laid out and the best we can go on are the first couple of pages that show X-Men planting seeds over the course of a few months. How much time has passed between AoX and this we don't know.

The "surprises" aren't treated as such either. Some you wouldn't even notice if you weren't paying close attention so the groundwork here is less about "SHOCKING REVEAL" and more "something is going on here that's changed everything for the X-Men."

But for more specifics... Both Xorns, Banshee, and all five Cuckoos are seen/mentioned in the book. So yeah, big enough that you'll pay attention, but not like they are popping through walls screaming "we're so happy to be alive."

Also of interesting note, if Krakoa keeps growing based on where it is now it would literally become the new center of the earth with the possibility of reconnecting all the continents. I don't think that is a coincidence.\

And that there are undiscovered parts via tumor is also cool. The x-men will need explorers to explore those parts of karoka physically and document them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

10/10 for me.
    +Love the return of Sophie and Esme
    +the art and the colors
    +The charts
    +the Cyclops scene
    +Magneto just being awesome in general
    -I wish the Brotherhood vs Fantastic Four fight was a bit more drawn out, not enough action for my taste

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I read it again, and while I loved it just as much as the first time, I think I was a little more "nit-picky"...

The Krakoa flower drug that extends human life by 5 years is so random yet specific. Assuming this is probably meant for anyone on their death beds due to age, cancer, etc.

I know the details will probably be revealed in later issues, but I need to know now

Also, per the director's cut, it looks like we will be seeing more of the 6 ambassadors who visited the Jerusalem habitat.
    I was thinking it extended the normal human life span by 5 years for a perfectly healthy human. For instance a human who is in perfect health and lives 95 years would live 100 instead. So as human advance beyond that due to tech etc. the plant may as well. Also one flower cures physical disease and one mental so basically all humans have the potential to live 100 years (given my prior example) if they are taking the krakoa drug.

I wonder if you have to keep taking it though, like a supplement or if it's a one and done cure all pill. If it were me i would make sure they would need to be on some sort of regimen. Once a year, once every 6 months. Something like that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also of interesting note, if Krakoa keeps growing based on where it is now it would literally become the new center of the earth with the possibility of reconnecting all the continents. I don't think that is a coincidence.\

And that there are undiscovered parts via tumor is also cool. The x-men will need explorers to explore those parts of karoka physically and document them.
    Are they undiscovered?

Or are they hidden?

Fantastic Member

That first shot of Orchis where they're coming up on the space station:

I CAN'T be the only one who thought, "Oh, snap! X-Men versus Deep Space Nine!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was a good issue with beautiful art and a big and interesting status quo shift. Looking forward to seeing where this is going.

The characters coming out of the pods look like Vulcan and maybe the rest of the Deadly Genesis crew to me.

Ambivalent about the mutant nation of Krakoa. On one hand it seems segregationist and isolationist and causes some issues regarding mutants and their human families/friends/lovers, on the other hand it creates a safe space, gives mutants agency, and establishes a unique mutant culture.

I keep seeing people mention Shatterstar and Broo as not being mutants, but I'm pretty sure they both are. Granted Broo is an alien mutant, but still.

Has anybody translated the various Krakoan words yet?

Do you think it's possible to have PoX happening in a time frame between Rosenberg's UXM and HoX?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The characters coming out of the pods look like Vulcan and maybe the rest of the Deadly Genesis crew to me.
    I thought it was Vulcan too, knowing he's going to be back on the table/appearing in the future among the apparently resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Has anybody translated the various Krakoan words yet?
    The two blurbs at the end were "Next: It's not a dream if it's real" and "Then: The curious case of Moira X," and what they called gibberish on the sign was indeed, apparently, gibberish. It reads "HALM."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Do you think it's possible to have PoX happening in a time frame between Rosenberg's UXM and HoX?
    Sort of? I think it's happening over a large scale, going from the beginning of X-Men history and into the future, and that timespan would include that era, but it includes every era of X-Men stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Are they undiscovered?

Or are they hidden?
    On the map there is clearly land mass there but it is all dark so something physical has to be there. It's just karoka himself can not see those blind spots so all those eyes won't help so someone will need to find out what's there. If it's a tumor what if it's creating a natural predator for mutants or something. Only one way to find out. Not to mention all of the devloped land is on the opposite side with lots of island between. I don't think thats a coincidence.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

The art was beautiful. Magneto gave me chills. His presence says so much. Xavier purposely left Magneto in his place to unsettle those ambassadors. He didn’t disappoint. Xavier looks to be expanding on the X-tinction team idea. Only now the threat of extinction is on the other foot. I’m really excited.

BANNED

Imagine giving this 1 star lol.

One thing Im unclear about is how does Krakoa bring back dead mutants? Does it need their bodies and it then heals them or just their genetic material? If its the latter, are all these newly resurrected characters all clones?