View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

My X-Men have been dead for quite some time now, I quit around Chuck Austen‘s run if I remember correctly. I peeked in sporadically, but couldn‘t warm up to Bendis‘ O5 or all other stuff.
    Now thus issues has got it all, and the icing was Magnetos closing line.
    Awesome and recommended.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    Wow, we have the exact same rating!

Cyclops was amazing in this. He was diplomatic and friendly but low-key dangerous and committed. His interaction with the FF was probably his best scene since Gillen, maybe Wheedon. And that line about Franklin...

Loved that Storm is an Omega. Loved that panel with Logan and the kids. Loved the global and cosmic scope of the mutants. Loved that they're really building a mutant culture. Intrigued by what humans are up to near the sun. And I'm even more intrigued by what's going on with Krakoa...

Obviously some weird sh#! is going down with Xavier that isn't what it seems, which should be interesting. I want an interesting Xavier that is neither the saint nor the flawed figure hiding terrible things - I want him to be more complex than that, and I feel like I'll be getting that.

And Magneto. Oh, Magneto. He's so smug and melodramatic - but that just makes me love him all the more. Erik's going to be Erik, and this was peak Erik. And the Jerusalem setting was perfect, with its history of colonization and its religious significance - and of course connection to Magneto.

So yeah. A solid ten out of ten, with an extra five stars. The first significant step forward in the X-mythos in fifteen years.
    Exactatiously! to ALL you posted, especially the bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Judging by the Wave 1 books it looks like Krakoa is here to stay for the foreseeable future hopefully all this talk about a new status quo isn't just lip service.

Maybe settlements?

But I'd bet my bottom dollar Destiny is located in the area called The Oracle.
    Destiny is a good call for that!

After revealing that, according to their best counts, 92 current and/or former X-Men appear in the two series and 91 x-villains,
    What if the 91 x-villains are actually the X-Men and only one of them is not a villain?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I dont know if this was mentioned or not but, does anyone know if this had any meaning whatsoever?

It says "NEXT: It's not a dream if it's real." and then the Krakoan text on the next page promoting second issue of House of X says "THEN: The Curious Case of Moira X"

thanks I literally just found that out as soon as I posted it on here lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Spectacular Member

The real question is about the "GALM" gateway. What is "galm?"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "You have new gods now."

*** No ***

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    The real question is about the "GALM" gateway. What is "galm?"
    it's actually HALM

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1154506018174357511
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

HALM sounds a bit lame compared to GALM. Now that sounds like something related to Dazzler if you just switched the A and L

Spectacular Member

No, it's Galm. That's taking the error into account.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/...2870249132037?

Did you get sick of all of their boring shows.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Did you get sick of all of their boring shows.
    For nothing shall escape its maw. It shall shriek into the night so you can see the light of the moon. But as your hand reaches betwixt the teeth, it shall snap shut and send you falling back down its throat screaming. In the intestine, there is no hope. There is no god. There is only yourself and the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    I liked the issue well enough, but the mind control plotline is a tad obvious for my taste.

They let Sabretooth, a serial-killer with hundreds of human and mutant deaths to his name, run a mission where he would potentially come into contact with humans. Jean, Scott & Storm were okay with this bloodbath-waiting-to-happen?

Krakao is probably a linked mutant hive-mind that boosts the protective characteristics of its members, and reduces empathy towards everyone else. The orange pods most likely have something to do with this link, as Xavier (if that is Xavier) looks like a deranged puppet-master manipulating his new puppets in those pages.

Not to mention that this whole ordeal will, once again, put every mutant on an easy to hit island in the ocean. If this "Xavier" turns out to be Cassandra Nova (or someone similar), herding the mutant people towards their doom, it would not suprise me.

Though I doubt that Hickman would pull a second Genosha.
    Honestly, I don’t for one minute think they are even in the Pacific. And the other habitats on the Moon and Mars are part of a plan to ensure survival. They can resurrect themselves now. Killing them is not going to be easy. (Except it seems to me the mutants are scared of something else that we haven’t seen yet.)
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.