View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I don't know... "Your son's REAL family awaits him" is a pretty passive aggressive thing to say to two parents about their child.
    Well, he didn't say" Your REAL Family" he just said "Family" I didn't take it as passive agressive, but I can see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well to be fair they're definitely up to SOMETHING beyond giving out miracle drugs in order to leverage sovereignty for their nation.
    True. Or maybe their intentions are actually pure. We won't know until further into the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I also took it as Cyclops implying that mutantkind is Franklin’s real family rather than the Richards. I’d be annoyed if someone said that about my kid.
    I took it as a friendly reminder that Scott was simply reminding the Richards family that Franklin is a mutant and we are his family too. I'm not sure if I would be angry at that because Franklin doesn't know he's a mutant.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-24-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    10/10 for me. It is a much-needed breath of fresh air for the franchise. There are a lot of subplots to be explored and I love having no idea of their outcomes. Thank God, no more nostalgia. Also, Larraz and Gracia's work is greatly done. Nothing to complain from me.

And the Cuckoo in black is Mindee according to the Director's Cut. Esme is in white at the beginning of the issue.

I loved this issue, but it was at times confusing. For example, isn't Esme supposed to be dead? There seem to be a lot of blanks that need to be filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I loved this issue, but it was at times confusing. For example, isn't Esme supposed to be dead? There seem to be a lot of blanks that need to be filled in.
    I guess they'll explain how she's back, along with Sophie, Banshee and Xorn.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Magneto flexed on those flatscans so hard they're gonna need that miracle medicine to stay alive.
    "Cable was right!"

Mastermold is back and Xavier better stock up on that anti-nuke technology.

ETA: Just remembered that Hickman uses Sentence case rather than all UPPERS. Sentence case=ew.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 07-24-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I don't know... "Your son's REAL family awaits him" is a pretty passive aggressive thing to say to two parents about their child.
    Cyclops never said real family.

He said Frankin had a family in Krakoa waiting for him when he was ready.

This was not a threat but a statement. Moreover even though at the moment the boy is having problems with his powers he is still extremely powerful and we already know that Omega Mutants are a priority for Xavier.

Considering the situation Cyclops handled the FF well but could have been worse especially when the Avengers get involved in.

Fantastic Member

Arts and charts were great for starts! The whole book looks incredible, and I enjoyed the data pages and the world building they gave.

Judged as a single book, it was good but too heavy on world building, not much in the way of plot. Of course it's part of a larger story, but until we see how that plays out we are just left with questions. I'm certainly curious to see where it goes from here.

I am disappointed in the disconnect from the marvel world as we knew it of last week. I know Hickman has been prepping this for some time, but it is jarring.

As the start of something new, its exciting, and characters felt great and on point. Though the concept has potential, it's making me question what the X-Men and mutants represent. I loved utopia, and this is similar, but the isolationist stance kinda feels like the xmen stepping on inhuman's toes.

Mighty Member

OK, just finished the issue. Notes (in no particular order):

-That's Scott and Jean, or at least versions of them, crawling out of those pods at the beginning. That said, the X-Men are now literally pod people. To anyone familiar with Anglophone sci-fi, that's a big, flashing neon hint that all is not what it seems.

-The giant Sentinel head Orchis has turned into a space station is named Mother Mold, not Master Mold. Karima seems to be working with them only grudgingly. The way I read the Orchis Protocol summary is that Orchis isn't a consortium of SHIELD, AIM, etc. but rather a separate group that has recruited assets from inside those organizations.

-Xavier is not acting like Xavier, having abandoned his integrationist dream entirely. Calling it now: either he's gone bad or he's being controlled. Or, he isn't really Xavier. Magneto, on the other hand, is fully in-character.

-Sophie and Esme have seemingly been resurrected. This tracks with other dead mutants we've seen in promo art. So, Xavier/Krakoa can raise the dead. That feels too easy, though. Getting back to the pod people thing, I'm wondering if they're not who they appear to be, but clones of some sort. Which brings me to...

-"The Tumor", this dead zone created by a Krakoa flower that is outside Krakoa's consciousness/perception. Calling it now: something fishy is going on there. If the mutants we're seeing are impostors (Kraklones?), perhaps that's where the real X-Men are being "stored". Which reminds me, the original Krakoa fed on mutant energy. Hmmmm...

-The original Krakoa was killed by being hurtled into deep space. I assume then this Krakoa is either a new iteration or the one that lived at the mansion during Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men run.

-Xavier's presumed deployment of the Brotherhood and Scott calmly arguing amnesty for Sabretooth is another tip-off that all is not what it seems. On the other hand, we haven't yet seen how the Krakoan justice system works.

Lots of stuff to chew on. Fun read. Decent art. Only thing I don't like is the lower-case speech bubbles. At minimum, I plan on sticking around through the end of this mini-series and Powers of X.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Magneto flexed on those flatscans so hard they're gonna need that miracle medicine to stay alive.
    Agreed.

I'm happy about that. I loved that WHOLE Magneto scene.

"No. I wasn't speaking to you" LOL
    -Magneto

It was promising. 8/10. 4 Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    HOW? Scott didn't make a threat...
    It wasn't a threat, but mentioning their son and bringing up his possible involvement in a greater issue that at some point cannot be ignored would be enough to make any parent nervous, apprehensive or even agitated. Sue, especially, has always been protective of her kids.

Scott's comment about Franklin having a family on Krakoa also could be interpreted that in Scott's eyes, Franklin's mutation is a stronger bond than his ties to humanity and the rest of his human family. Or maybe it was meant to be a dig at the Richards, saying that Franklin will need the mutants eventually because his human parents can't protect him forever from the growing conflict. It's hard to tell how exactly Franklin factor's into all of this and how Scott's comment was meant to be interpreted. For all we know, he could just be trying to let Sue and Reed know that if relations between mutants and humans sour even more that he will have a safe place to stay.

I think it's too early to tell how any parts of this interaction were truly meant, but I do think Sue and Reed have a right to be concerned about the well-being of their child now that the environment and the political climate in the world they live in is changing and will have an affect on their mutant son one way or another.

The most suspicious thing here is that Chucky has shown the mutants what true power is: BIG PHARMA.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Loved it really excited to see where this goes haven't been this interested in a new start since Manifest Destiny and the 91 relaunch with this being on par with my excitement in 91 and slightly higher than Manifest Destiny due to knowing how good Hickman can be.
    And it feels like Hickman is hinting at a very literal type of Manifest Destiny. Not that it will be so simple.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    It wasn't a threat, but mentioning their son and bringing up his possible involvement in a greater issue that at some point cannot be ignored would be enough to make any parent nervous, apprehensive or even agitated. Sue, especially, has always been protective of her kids.

Scott's comment about Franklin having a family on Krakoa also could be interpreted that in Scott's eyes, Franklin's mutation is a stronger bond than his ties to humanity and the rest of his human family. Or maybe it was meant to be a dig at the Richards, saying that Franklin will need the mutants eventually because his human parents can't protect him forever from the growing conflict. It's hard to tell how exactly Franklin factor's into all of this and how Scott's comment was meant to be interpreted. For all we know, he could just be trying to let Sue and Reed know that if relations between mutants and humans sour even more that he will have a safe place to stay.

I think it's too early to tell how any parts of this interaction were truly meant, but I do think Sue and Reed have a right to be concerned about the well-being of their child now that the environment and the political climate in the world they live in is changing and will have an affect on their mutant son one way or another.
    Yeah, I can see that. You make a great point.

It's just I didn't take it that way, which is why i'm like they have no reason to be angry or clench their fist. As we saw in the first issue and I think your right. Human relations with Mutants will be sour and I can see the Humans attacking the FF Son Franklin because he is a mutant. That will put Reed and Sue in a nasty situation. Generally they like to handle family matters by themselves. But I think THIS time they won't be able to because the Humans will not achknowldge the FF, but try to take him by force. And then the X-Men come and save him.

So, I can see the FF getting pulled into this and becoming the parents watching their child being targeted for what he is. But I just didn't see it as a threat or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    lol Hickman even threw the muh featz obsessives a bone with that Omega list/explanation. They'll be debating that for years to come.
    No need for this attack on us! We are culture too! We have feelings!