View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Surprisingly digestible for a Hickman comic. I might actually continue with it.
    His Marvel stuff tends to be. Definitely not as dense as Black Monday Murders.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    His Marvel stuff tends to be. Definitely not as dense as Black Monday Murders.
    Perhaps, but even his Avengers and Fantastic Four work were unable to hold my attention for long. Granted I do have more affinity for the X-Men than those other two franchises, but I still think it felt remarkably different. It's still early on, it might become more convoluted or unnecessarily focused on forgettable stories from the past. But for now, I'll see where things are going.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is what happens when you don't read the FF books.
    For real....

Also, what’s with this thing about the FF not doing enough? We all know the reason is because they are different franchises. This is the first time in years that the FF have properly shown up in a X-Men book and the X-Men rarely show up in FF books. The X-Men have so many characters that the moment the FF get properly involved in a mutant plight you’d get complaints, plus writers might want to juggle those four along with the many mutants. Plus the FF are often not even on Earth. Holding it against the team as some anti- mutant thing is ridiculous and shows what little some here know about the FF.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Also, Franklin only restored the Marvel multiverse anti-mutant sentiment will always be there. The people in the universes he created from scratch have free will, he has no control over what they do. Doing so would mean that the beings are mindless drones or slaves and would be morally evil. Any bigotry is because of the people themselves, not Franklin.

Mighty Member

Also, Reed advocated against fighting the Phoenix 5 if I remember correctly. The man who outsmarted fundamental aspects of the universe itself decided not to outsmart a fundamental aspect of fire and life.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Also, Reed advocated against fighting the Phoenix 5 if I remember correctly. The man who outsmarted fundamental aspects of the universe itself decided not to outsmart a fundamental aspect of fire and life.
    Yeah he kinda saw their point and defended what the X-Men were doing during AvX.

E43A5435-975A-4F13-9501-B0CE6B90A35B.jpg

But apparently the FF are mutantphobic...
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-26-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Mighty Member

And when Sue fought against superhuman registration on Capitol Hill because it would make the lives of mutants like her son harder.

If this was the Ultimate Fantastic Four, I would understand the sentiment since they did have a future where Sue took over the world and killed mutants and used her son as a spy, but for Pete’s sake.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Also, Franklin only restored the Marvel multiverse anti-mutant sentiment will always be there. The people in the universes he created from scratch have free will, he has no control over what they do. Doing so would mean that the beings are mindless drones or slaves and would be morally evil. Any bigotry is because of the people themselves, not Franklin.
    Except that he didn't start universes from scratch. There's no sign that he started them from a big bang and let them evolve naturally over eons. He created them entirely populated. He re-created mutant-killing clouds. And Sentinels. They aren't naturally developing anti-mutant attitudes. He's inserting them because apparently, as a child, he can't imagine a universe where mutants aren't hated. That's sad.

Yeah he kinda saw their point and defended what the X-Men were doing during AvX.

E43A5435-975A-4F13-9501-B0CE6B90A35B.jpg

But apparently the FF are mutantphobic...
    While publically they don't do much to hely p the mutant cause i've always personally felt the FF was one of their biggest allies. The story with Franklin and Rachel being married. The story where The FF find Jean and take great care of it. Where allowed the FF has always helped the X-men but i don't think that negates the fact that at their core they haven't experienced a true day in the life of a mutant given their son is one. There are many white people who are more ride or die for the cause than my fellow non-voting brothers and sisters but they haven't experienced life the same way as black people. That doesn't mean they can't be allies but its understandable they can't understand certain things on the same real world level you do.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Except that he didn't start universes from scratch. There's no sign that he started them from a big bang and let them evolve naturally over eons. He created them entirely populated. He re-created mutant-killing clouds. And Sentinels. They aren't naturally developing anti-mutant attitudes. He's inserting them because apparently, as a child, he can't imagine a universe where mutants aren't hated. That's sad.
    Are you seriously trying to blame all of that on Franklin? All he did was restore the universe back. Bigots are going to be bigots, that’s one of the negatives of free will. The other option is to create a universe without free will, which would be evil. Stop placing false blame on Franklin and blame the actual people terrorising mutants.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The F4 aren't mutantphobic, They always have been very pro mutant
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-26-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    While publically they don't do much to hely p the mutant cause i've always personally felt the FF was one of their biggest allies. The story with Franklin and Rachel being married. The story where The FF find Jean and take great care of it. Where allowed the FF has always helped the X-men but i don't think that negates the fact that at their core they haven't experienced a true day in the life of a mutant given their son is one. There are many white people who are more ride or die for the cause than my fellow non-voting brothers and sisters but they haven't experienced life the same way as black people. That doesn't mean they can't be allies but its understandable they can't understand certain things on the same real world level you do.
    That’s the thing though, they are allies. I’m not talking about experiencing the mutant plight, I’m responding to those who claim they are somehow mutantphobic. Which is not the case at all.

That’s the thing though, they are allies. I’m not talking about experiencing the mutant plight, I’m responding to those who claim they are somehow mutantphobic. Which is not the case at all.
    I know i totally agree with you. They love their son and if anyone came for him in the middle of the night they wouldn't care that he was a mutant they would care that it's their son. That alone makes them more than an ally. Most humans in Mu turn their back on their mutant children, the FF i couldn't even imagine doing it. Heck one of sue's best friends is a mutant, storm. I love their frienship and wish we got more.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I know i totally agree with you. They love their son and if anyone came for him in the middle of the night they wouldn't care that he was a mutant they would care that it's their son. That alone makes them more than an ally. Most humans in Mu turn their back on their mutant children, the FF i couldn't even imagine doing it. Heck one of sue's best friends is a mutant, storm. I love their frienship and wish we got more.
    They also took in Artie and Leech. They aren’t mutants so they don’t experience the same things, but to say they aren’t allies or are mutantphobic shows a lack of knowledge of who the FF are. I also really like their relationship with Storm and soon Iceman as there is going to be a story of a time where he temporarily joined the team.

The way Scott greeted them before the Franklin stuff shows that both teams are in good terms. It’s not like interactions with the Avengers.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I like how this issue establishes that mutants are developing and building on aspects of cultural aspects of a shared language. Something that can be used to be explored to expand world building in outerspace or other dimensions. Will we see flowers cultivated in Limbo, The Negative Zone, Counter Earth?