View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Who’s acting out of character? Scott? Isn’t this just how he was acting during Utopia/post-Schism????
    I don’t really see the “weirdness” coming off from anybody except X.
    Militant Scott wouldn’t have made small talk or came by himself and took no for an answer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    After a third read-through, I think I've identified what's bothering me about this. It's the lettering.

Its not bad by any measure, its just strange to see capital and lowercase lettering again. I'm sure it pops up more than I notice, but I can't remember an X-book in the last 3 years that had this. I seem to remember a lot of things around 2000-2003 looked like this.
    There was a time when lower case meant not 616

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not yet. He was in 4 panels total.
    How about the note in the director's cut leaving explicit instructions that "Xavier" never takes the helmet off?

Xavier is really the x-factor to me in this. Whatever he's done, he has everyone eating out of his hand right now: Scott, Jean, Erik, Logan, etc..

Is this some mind manipulation going on or did he just use the recent extinction threat to get them to follow his (so far pretty smart) plan? X is acting so blatantly villainous that I feel like he might not be a bad guy just because it would be too obvious. I'm really hoping this is Xavier just playing a little harder. He still wants integration with humans but now is creating a situation where the mutants have higher negotiation power. Let's see how it blows up in his face lol

#neverforget

Wakanda has the cure for cancer, and doesnt share.

Tchalla= *******

X even has domesticated the Wolverine.

In Morrisons first issue, Cyclops has to order him to stop stabbing already, you hairy runt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    X even has domesticated the Wolverine.

In Morrisons first issue, Cyclops has to order him to stop stabbing already, you hairy runt.
    Lmao forreal. This man has everyone eating out of his hand. Dude is the king of all of mutantkind with no dissent and all potential rivals for leadership following him. He's been making power plays in the 5 months before this issue

I don’t think that’s Scott and Jean. Scott and Jean were alive. So why would they be coming back from the dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I don’t think that’s Scott and Jean. Scott and Jean were alive. So why would they be coming back from the dead?
    No one's saying they're(pod people) coming back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    You dont know that those people are being resurrected. The pods could be part of the indoctrination process

BANNED

This was a great issue. I love the setup. Seriously the next writer cannot take the mutants back to status quo as an endangered minority, that allegory needs to grow and change.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Krakoa allowed Cyclops to escape to bring it more mutants. This could be the same thing. Xavier is shepherding all of mutantkind to the dinner table
    This is immediately what I thought while reading this.
    Krakoa isn’t what we all think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Krakoa allowed Cyclops to escape to bring it more mutants. This could be the same thing. Xavier is shepherding all of mutantkind to the dinner table

I was sceptical about this... But after reading it, this is the most excited I’ve been for an X-Book in years. Absolutely loved it and have added both this and Powers Of X to my pull list. Really loving the new direction that’s being established here.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Spectacular Member

Exactly as I expected. Boring as hell, Big Ideas which don't mean a thing, endless standing around and explaining, and what's the point? What is Hickman hoping to accomplish with all this? Now we just have to wait for the Mary Sues to show up and push the nominal stars of the series to the sidelines. The X-franchise was in dire straits, but this isn't going to fix it.