View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

I have some reservations but I enjoyed this.

Interested enough to see where it all goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Could it be Xavier is actually dead. And it's a facsimile. Although I'd say if they can revive mutants from the dead Xavier is probably not dead.

It would be a very sinister thing to do and the Cuckoos are happy to go a long with it.
    My first instinct is that Charles has merged with Krakoa. That he has lost his individuality. He has given himself up for the greater good. Become part of that 'greater dynamo possibility' because it was somehow necessary. We will see.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

10/10

This was GREAT. I loved it.
    -I don't understand why the Humans are so Stupidly Stubborn to not take the deal. I'd say it would be in t heir BEST interest to do so.
    -There is no reason for Reed and Sue to get angry really. He didn't insult them at all. Franklin is a mutant so.....

Anyway, this was great.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    11/10

I am speechless... Cyclops was cool. Thank you Hickman for making me a x men fan and not Just a Cyclops.
    Dude was so charismatic Sue Storm was striking a pose like "i see you Scott..." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

This was great! I really enjoyed all of the world building. Hopefully Larraz ends up on a Wave 2 book because his art is amazing. Highlights for me definitely have to be Cyclops' conversation with the FF and Wolverine playing with the kids. Hopefully other characters like Jean and Storm play bigger roles in the coming issues. Can't wait to see where this goes!

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I literally thought "Sissy that walk Charles" when I saw that page LMAO.
    Haha, my brother sent a picture of the panel with the caption, “Krakoa got the Professor feeling his oats.”

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I don't think it was Grey and Summers in the pods at the beginning.

I think Grey's watery eyes were because of joy. Everyone on Krakoa, including Magneto, totally believe in what's happening and that their end goal is being achieved--even if the goal posts have been moved, and are reveling in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I believe you are right. But again, this is Hickman. This panel may represent something else. We don't yet know if multiples can be created for example. Is Xavier up to something there? It serves as an introduction but it could all have another meaning.

I mean we see four, is this the O5?
    Curiously, the details about who is crawling out of the pods are blacked out in the Director's Cut script.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    10/10

This was GREAT. I loved it.
    -I don't understand why the Humans are so Stupidly Stubborn to not take the deal. I'd say it would be in t heir BEST interest to do so.
    -There is no reason for Reed and Sue to get angry really. He didn't insult them at all. Franklin is a mutant so.....

Anyway, this was great.
    Oh come now... it's very much a "Day The Earth Stood Still" situation for the humans:

1 - Mutants are thought pretty much wiped out during the AoX "disappearance"
    2 - There is a mutant "cure" circulating that is being used and abused by government forces
    3 - The XMen return, slowly this new plant life starts cropping up places and it becomes clear that the Mutants are involved and are increasing in numbers.
    4 - Xavier shows up in his new party hat and broadcasts a psychic message that they have free drugs that will help humans out... hmmmmmmmmm

Can you blame them for being leery of the group that keeps blowing **** up, dying, and resurrecting themselves over and over again?

Does no one find that mental cure pill at all creepy? What if it rewrites peoples minds, how they think and feel.

I loved it, the art, the premise, the layout and info. This was such a great start and I'm positive for the upcoming issue of Power of X.

To be honest, **** the humans, as someone who LOVED Utopia I love that they're FINALLY going for a similar concept again, just that this time all of them seem to be united.

Also Five in One together again, I would love to see how Emma feels about Esme being back, specially considering she was her favorite.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's actually pretty clever what Hickman has done if he's using Krakoa to bring back dead X-Men characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Krakoa can restart the X-gene too.
    Hmmm, everyone forcibly "cured" before the anti-cure was released, and everyone who didn't get their powers back after Hope/Phoenix reversed the decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Does no one find that mental cure pill at all creepy? What if it rewrites peoples minds, how they think and feel.
    thats exactly what it will do. Is therapy creepy? Or existing pills that fix chemical imbalances of mentally ill people? Alot of people with mental illness dont think clearly or rationally. The point of external intervention is to help them do so

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Can you blame them for being leery of the group that keeps blowing **** up, dying, and resurrecting themselves over and over again?
    Well, that describes most superheroes. Mutants are unique in that they keep hanging in there despite non-powered folks repeatedly doing their best to wipe them off the face of the planet. So I'd imagine a lot of their caution is wondering how long it takes before mutants try to actively get some of their own back.

Well I suppose the "This is not a negotiation. Things will be different now, and the sooner you realize the finality of your situation and the inevitability of ours the sooner you will learn to be grateful for the things we are so generously giving you." doesn't help the situation much.