View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    The two blurbs at the end were "Next: It's not a dream if it's real" and "Then: The curious case of Moira X," and what they called gibberish on the sign was indeed, apparently, gibberish. It reads "HALM."
    Thank You!

I'm also interested in what's going on with Karima. Although she is shown working with Orchis, that doesn't seem to be a steadfast alliance, as she refers to their plans twice as a mistake, and to humans as overly aggressive. She seems to be more aligned with sentinels/machines and I'm wondering how she got there from when we last saw her.

Also Also, the chart that is a map of Krakoa specifies Pacific, which suggests to me there is another mass in the Atlantic or one of the other oceans, that could be "the blind spot".
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 07-24-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Imagine giving this 1 star lol.
    Some are not ready to evolve and embrace the inevitable future

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    One thing Im unclear about is how does Krakoa bring back dead mutants? Does it need their bodies and it then heals them or just their genetic material? If its the latter, are all these newly resurrected characters all clones?
    Tune in to find out in the next episode of "House of X"... lol

I'm unclear on that as well. I figure by #6 it should be laid out. My theory is that Krakoa somehow has a connection to all living and dead mutants. Somehow it has evolved (with the help of Charles) to be able to re-create bodies for the fallen and Charles helps to place the memories stored in Krakoa into the right people.

I had not thought about it but there is something very satisfying that this story starts with Krakoa, just like ANAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Oh come now... it's very much a "Day The Earth Stood Still" situation for the humans:

1 - Mutants are thought pretty much wiped out during the AoX "disappearance"
    2 - There is a mutant "cure" circulating that is being used and abused by government forces
    3 - The XMen return, slowly this new plant life starts cropping up places and it becomes clear that the Mutants are involved and are increasing in numbers.
    4 - Xavier shows up in his new party hat and broadcasts a psychic message that they have free drugs that will help humans out... hmmmmmmmmm

Can you blame them for being leery of the group that keeps blowing **** up, dying, and resurrecting themselves over and over again?
    Mutants are not the ONLY ones blowing **** up etc. Can I blame them to be leery of course not, but they are foolish to not take this deal. Xavier isn't asking for much. All they want is recognition.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes, something has happened. Not everything is as rosy for the mutants as it first seems. They are super serious.

Yes, they seem to have found a way to resurrect themselves, yes they are expanding, but are those things connected? Are they expanding to make themselves safe? They are playing it strong but maybe their cards are not as good as they would like them to appear. Is there some bluffing going on? Does everyone even know about the bluff, and if not will that create a divide? God I love that we have something meaty in the MU to talk about again.

I have missed you Hickman. The last couple of issues of SHIELD were never enough, even if they were phenomenal. Does anyone truly understand The Black Monday Murders? But this is accessible, mainstream goodness and it is great.
    Just like the Parker Industries sl

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

5 stars for me. Hadn't been excited for a new X-Men run in ages and Hickman didn't let me down. Everything feels fresh, sexy and dangerous - it's a brave new world out there and I can't wait to find out more about it.

BANNED

Is krakoa harvesting mutant dna solely to bring about more mutants, or is it working towards another goal?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh and I'll also add, the way mutants can now resurrect themselves reminds me A LOT of the way the Cylons worked in Battlestar Galactica. Even visually there's a striking resemblance.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

The Krakoa flower drug that extends human life by 5 years is so random yet specific. Assuming this is probably meant for anyone on their death beds due to age, cancer, etc.
    What can you offer someone who has just been told their line will go extinct in 20 years? Well their time on Earth just went up in value. You can only offer a bit of an extension.

But not too much, they must make space for the next generations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Mutants are not the ONLY ones blowing **** up etc. Can I blame them to be leery of course not, but they are foolish to not take this deal. Xavier isn't asking for much. All they want is recognition.
    Leaving Magneto to greet the ambassadors should be a pretty big sign that there was no asking involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Tune in to find out in the next episode of "House of X"... lol

I'm unclear on that as well. I figure by #6 it should be laid out. My theory is that Krakoa somehow has a connection to all living and dead mutants. Somehow it has evolved (with the help of Charles) to be able to re-create bodies for the fallen and Charles helps to place the memories stored in Krakoa into the right people.
    This is a good theory. Even if hickman ignores Uncanny run, he has to explain banshee and the the 2 cuckoos

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Leaving Magneto to greet the ambassadors should be a pretty big sign that there was no asking involved.
    On the other half i'm glad he did. The Ambassidors clearly don't care and are looking for ways to take down the Nation Of Krakoa. So, i'd say yeah they are foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I read it again, and while I loved it just as much as the first time, I think I was a little more "nit-picky"...

The Krakoa flower drug that extends human life by 5 years is so random yet specific. Assuming this is probably meant for anyone on their death beds due to age, cancer, etc.

I know the details will probably be revealed in later issues, but I need to know now

Also, per the director's cut, it looks like we will be seeing more of the 6 ambassadors who visited the Jerusalem habitat.
    I suppose that the 5 years is an approximation of how much your life expectancy extends.

It is not as if they had test subjects to verify their exact functioning in that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This is a good theory. Even if hickman ignores Uncanny run, he has to explain banshee and the the 2 cuckoos
    Also, the Xorn brothers, who're also dead, and drawn like their Ultimate counterparts (and in the Director's Cut referred to as Xorn and Zorn, Zorn was exclusively an Ultimate character in the past...hmmm oversight, or hint?)